Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Try mounting just the base with the ceramic housing assembly installed but no wick and coil. If still shorted look to where the positive post passes through the bottom of the ceramic housing, that is the most likely spot to have a short. Another place might be the positive wire running down the ceramic channel touching the base,locking ring or mouth piece.
OdysseusExplodedShortMode.jpg

Last edited:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Well assuming you already know how to connect the +NR wire, could you be missing one of the 2 o-rings on the bottom +post? Also make sure the wire twist next to the coil is not sticking out and hitting anything like the mouthpiece. Center the positive pin and make sure it's sticking out enough to meet your mods +pin before the neg threads could. Hmm, that's about all I can think of right now.

Edit- Ninja'd :p

Last edited:

gihal

Nov 29, 2011
Athens, Greece
Try mounting just the base with the ceramic housing assembly installed but no wick and coil. If still shorted look to where the positive post passes through the bottom of the ceramic housing, that is the most likely spot to have a short. Another place might be the positive wire running down the ceramic channel touching the base,locking ring or mouth piece.
View attachment 182072

I did just what you proposed and it keeps shorting just with the ceramic and the housing assembly. I dont know how to proceed and short it out though...

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I did just what you proposed and it keeps shorting just with the ceramic and the housing assembly. I dont know how to proceed and short it out though...
The area where the positive post passes through the ceramic housing is the most likely place of a short from your description. Note the o-ring that the screw driver is pointing to is in the proper place.
Also note that the screw driver is the proper size for the slot in the nut.
Repairable part.jpg

In the second picture I have used a Tobeco base with a Terminator repairable part (the positive post is actually bent) and is touching the negative part of the 510 connection, this would be another possible cause.(the bent post is factory defect)
Repairable part 001.jpg

And then we get to the mod's 510 connection, is there any possibility that the grommet in the mod's 510 is damaged and shorting there? Any similar problems with other atomizers?

Last edited:

Troy1troy

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Hey everyone,
I know this has been said many times. I am just following up on leaking gurgling issues i'm having with the terminator-c. At first I was having a major leak issue which would manifest immediately upon putting juice in. Although I have the ithaka and ody2 I wasnt skilled enough apparently to stop this unit from leaking. After reading many of the posts here and elsewhere I started coming up with stuff that helped. Namely i stopped using the locking ring for the negative connection and instead just wrapped the wick.
It still leaking but nothing major. Everything is lined up well, center post etc. However this device just seems ... kinda loosely threaded to me. Now if i shut off the juice control i can start getting dry hits after just a few drags at 10w but i can only open the valve 1/4 turn and still eventually it will leak. this is using 2.5 wick.
I contacted stormys about this problem and will be sending in the ceramic housing and locking nut to see if its just too loose. Just wanted to ask if I was by chance missing something.
I have tried or paid attention too:
Threading
Juice control down when filling
o-ring placement condition and utilization.. (thinking of adding another 0 ring to the bottom however)
oh and my mouth piece is actually pretty straight and looks good against top o ring when not using the locking nut for negative wire
Thanks,

Troy1troy

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Portland, Oregon
Troy- one other thing, I have never gotten mine to not leak without using 3mm silica. Try this..

Just an update here. So i added another o-ring to the bottom and used 3mm wick without trimming a strand off for the channel part and I can see this is going to work out eventually. I'm not bashing the product at all... dont get me wrong. I just want to say that you almost have to treat this device like it has a passive feed on even when closed (even though it doesn't actually have that). I do get dry hits if fully closed but you only open this thing a tiny bit to get your juice. My ithaka with passive off i can open 4 turns or 2 it doesn't really matter but with the terminator-c its 1/4 turn. Of course the ithaka is using two 3.5mm wicks.
I hope I dont get flamed for saying what i'm about to say but here goes anyway. The reason I keep messing with this Terminator is so far, and i'm not sure why but i'm getting the best flavor from it than i have from any of my other devices. I just wish it had air control :)

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
Just an update here. So i added another o-ring to the bottom and used 3mm wick without trimming a strand off for the channel part and I can see this is going to work out eventually. I'm not bashing the product at all... dont get me wrong. I just want to say that you almost have to treat this device like it has a passive feed on even when closed (even though it doesn't actually have that). I do get dry hits if fully closed but you only open this thing a tiny bit to get your juice. My ithaka with passive off i can open 4 turns or 2 it doesn't really matter but with the terminator-c its 1/4 turn. Of course the ithaka is using two 3.5mm wicks.
I hope I dont get flamed for saying what i'm about to say but here goes anyway. The reason I keep messing with this Terminator is so far, and i'm not sure why but i'm getting the best flavor from it than i have from any of my other devices. I just wish it had air control :)

Try it with a Tank Airflow Controller.

assadn1

Moved On
Apr 28, 2013
North Bergen
Hey Everyone,

So I just went ahead and purchased the Term-C RA with some 3mm silica wick and silver NR wire. I've been on the RSST for a while now as it was my first genesis RBA. Although it started off rough for me, after some help and tinkering I got it down to vape pretty nicely (although it is a pretty intense vape, probably due to the fact that I might need to drop down on the nic level since before RBA's I was on an Ego twist) In any case I had a question regarding the what kanthal resistance wire I should use on the Term-c. Now I've been building my RSST with 400 SS and 28g kanthal and it's been working perfectly. Can I use 28g kanthal on the Term? Does it even make a difference? Any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

crss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Mar 19, 2013
    dev/null
    Recieved Terminator C v2, last week. Took me a few days to unbox, running ontop of a mkb-ts + stealth cap. 2.5 ohm coil & this device is a beast!!! Will be recoiling once this tank is empty, guess another day. Going 1-1.2 ohm, this is my daily combo now. Thank you Stormy's for great service & awesome vape gear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread