• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Texas Vape Meet - curiosity

If there were to be a Vape Meet in Texas, where would you prefer it to be?

• Dallas

• Austin

• Houston

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I voted Dallas, but I would go to Ft Worth if needed.

Let's bring this forum back to life. I have never seen another soul vape in my daily life. The exception being infrequent trips to DFW vapor stores. Would love to have a meet up.

I go out to various country dancehalls in the Dallas area every weekend. Most of the ones I go to allow smoking, but there are a couple in Dallas itself that don't, due to the city law. I don't run into many vapers. None, until recently.

Not long ago, on Friday night, I was at Cowboys Red River in Dallas. I've vaped there before, and had my Buzz Pro with a liquinator tank in my hand while I was ordering a beer. The girl behind the bar pointed at it, and I was expecting the usual "What is that" conversation, when she turned and picked up an eGo-T, saying "I vape too!".

The very next night, I went to Denim and Diamonds. I hadn't been there before, and I called ahead and asked about using "an electronic cigarette" and was told it wouldn't be a problem. I was meeting friends there, and one of those is Donna. She has been using an ego for a few months, after seeing how well it worked for me. But she showed up that night with a Silver Bullet and a liquinator tank. Later in the night, a girl walked past, saw my Buzz Pro, and said "I have one of those". She came back a few minutes later and, like Donna, she had a Silver Bullet and a tank.

The place I go to the most is Electric Cowboy in Lewisville. I'm there almost every Friday night. I've had a ton of people ask me about my PV, and I've given out a lot of business cards for Vaporesence and Goodvapes, but the only person that regularly vapes there besides me is using a mini "cig look-alike" kind of thing, and she still smokes most of the time. She uses her e-cig far less than she smokes real cigs, and really doesn't show much interest in getting off the cigs.

One thing I think we should do here with the Texas sub-forums is to condense them all into one. There are three different sub-forums for Texas vapers, and none of them get much activity. I think getting rid of two of them, and using one for all of Texas, would make it easier for people to check in, and make it look more active than having what little there is all spread out.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
If your wanting a Dallas event let us know how we can help

Thanks! I was hoping to get one going here pretty soon, just wanted to let a few more folks weigh in. I'm giving extra time since this forum has been mostly dead for awhile. I'm hoping to get it rolling again very soon! I'll let you know when we get to the planning stages. :)

Blakd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dallas TX
Baldr,

The last time I was able to go out was to a birthday party on a saturday night to the Electric Cowboy. I saw someone there with an SB, while my wife and I were at the back wall with our 18650 mods. we ended up turning one of the party goers on to using an ego to get him off of black and milds. First time I had seen another vapor out in the wild. I have turned one guy at work into a vapor also.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
The last time I was able to go out was to a birthday party on a saturday night to the Electric Cowboy. I saw someone there with an SB, while my wife and I were at the back wall with our 18650 mods.

I'm there almost every Friday night. I just got home, and that's where I was tonight.

Saturdays, it's rare for me to go there. It happens, but most of the time on Saturday I either stay at home, or I go dancing at a different club. All of the country honky-tonk kind of places in the Dallas area are getting at least a little familiar with vaping, because I go to all of them now and then. :)

What can I say. I like to dance, and I vape everywhere I go.

A few days ago, I stopped to eat at eggs-n-grits-n-pancakes kind of place, and there was a guy working my table. He took my order, I started reading the newspaper, and before I got my food, he walked up and asked "Is that a vaporizer?". He is still smoking, but a friend of his is using an eGo with good results, and he has started doing some research online. I gave him business cards for Vaporesence, Good Vapes, and DFWVapor, I answered a few questions, showed him my lavatube, and told him about ECF. I'm going to try and stop in there this week, with hopes he'll tell me "I bought an eGo" or similar.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm there almost every Friday night. I just got home, and that's where I was tonight.

Saturdays, it's rare for me to go there. It happens, but most of the time on Saturday I either stay at home, or I go dancing at a different club. All of the country honky-tonk kind of places in the Dallas area are getting at least a little familiar with vaping, because I go to all of them now and then. :)

What can I say. I like to dance, and I vape everywhere I go.

A few days ago, I stopped to eat at eggs-n-grits-n-pancakes kind of place, and there was a guy working my table. He took my order, I started reading the newspaper, and before I got my food, he walked up and asked "Is that a vaporizer?". He is still smoking, but a friend of his is using an eGo with good results, and he has started doing some research online. I gave him business cards for Vaporesence, Good Vapes, and DFWVapor, I answered a few questions, showed him my lavatube, and told him about ECF. I'm going to try and stop in there this week, with hopes he'll tell me "I bought an eGo" or similar.

Better stay out of those Honky Tonks, they will stunt your growth and besides you will wear out your boots doin all that boot scootin!
:2cool::vapor:

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
OK, I'm going to close this thread for now - we have 51 responses, which is really cool. Considering this is the North Texas forum, and there's not a club really started or anything at this time, AFAIK, I and several others have been discussing starting small with small meets.

Makes sense - baby steps! So let's get 'er started and get 'er done! :D

Check out this thread: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/north-texas-vapers/277686-what-going-forum.html

And if it takes off, I'll start a new sticky for meets! :vapor: :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread