• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

North Texas Vapers Let's Talk About Where to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
I was thinking about reserving the porch at Flying Sauser. They've been pretty cool so far about vaping and understand what it is and that it's legal. They also know that I understand it's still their establishment and although it's legal, they have the right to forbid it at any time or reserve the right to deny me service. Their main thing is to not cause a scene. Like the idiot that blew vapor in someone's face at a bar, just makes us all look bad.

AngelBunny

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
McKinney, TX
I was thinking about reserving the porch at Flying Sauser. They've been pretty cool so far about vaping and understand what it is and that it's legal. They also know that I understand it's still their establishment and although it's legal, they have the right to forbid it at any time or reserve the right to deny me service. Their main thing is to not cause a scene. Like the idiot that blew vapor in someone's face at a bar, just makes us all look bad.

Where is that? Can you tell I haven't lived here long?

ricklovesnic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone. New member of north tx. vapers posting here...

The flying saucer is a great place. I really miss the location on lowest greenville (been gone for several years now) and also the one in arlington near hibachi 95. For the flying saucer in addison, it's no suprise that they allow vaping, since Addison also allows analogs to be smoked (darn near the only place near dallas that does). I have yet to visit the new saucer location on lake ray hubbard, but it looks pretty cool.

If anyone's interested, I hung out at the Fallout Lounge last night and showed the owner my joye 510 and how it works. This was the first place that I've used the vape in a "public" setting that's not outdoors. Kinda cheating, since I know the owner, but hey, it's a start. I'll post more places as I find them, but I have a feeling that most establishments will treat vaping the same as smoking analogs, mainly to keep people from thinking that it's okay to light up analogs indoors. We will see, though.

-rick

AngelBunny

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
McKinney, TX
That's the place! They have over 200 beers on tap. If you try them all they put your name on a saucer on the wall! Hahah I tried a few years back...

Lord ... if I try that someone else is going to have to drive me home!

Should we get a general timeframe of when all of us would be available for a getogether? With the holidays coming up we might want to plan ahead ... and lord knows there is always a day when I need to go have a d*mn drink ... or five ...

bockafer

Oct 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
My buddy is working on his third plate at the ole FS. Some of those beers are just plain nasty and iirc you can only do three beers towards your plate a day.

I don't frequent the bars as much as I used to as of late but I've openly vaped at the High Tech in the InfoMart building and at The Loon. I haven't run into management at either place yet but bar patrons and bartenders seemed mostly curious and a few even tried it. A friend that works at the Fox and the Hound at Midway and Bush did state that I probably shouldn't attempt to vape inside but I'm sure I'll be buzzed enough one day to forget and find out what the management thinks of it.

ALUCARD

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Wylie, TX
iphoneism.us
Should we get a general timeframe of when all of us would be available for a getogether? With the holidays coming up we might want to plan ahead ... and lord knows there is always a day when I need to go have a d*mn drink ... or five ...

I'm available any day after 4PM, weekends are usually free anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread