Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Works well, so far, with Aquaclear! Used one thru four cart-fills and not a single drip, drop, flood, leak or juice in mouth! Best Cart-mod I've seen! All others pale in comparison - at least to my limited experience thus far. All others, I would get one or two fills and then problems. Hope this turns out to be the Energizer Bunny of Cart-mods - just keeps going and going and gong...

Again, Kudos to Pete54! and Thanks!!

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
Ok Im a little new. but doesnt the atty burn or melt the straw and the blue foam?

Blake
No, straw is inside cart and under foam. Atty Bridge is between atty coil and foam. Foam wicks juice to bridge and bridge wicks juice to coil. Nothing touches coil but the bridge and juice - as intended.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Just a few observations on the blue foam stirrer mod. First, thanks to Pete54 for refining this and all others who had a part in developing it.

Some people had questions about how this works and why. My take is that not much of the liquid wicks through the straw, since the liquid is thick and the foam is tightly compressed inside the straw. The straw is there to provide a support for the small amount of foam and to back up the foam as it contacts the atomizer. We've all seen how much the media compresses when you have a cart full of foam. The foam is pushed back by the atty and soon doesn't make sufficient contact to wet the wick on the bridge. Then, you get little vapor and a hot atty.

The space created by the straw allows pure liquid in the cart to wet the wick when you lay the 510 down or turn it in a direction where the liquid can run down and wet the foam.
The stock filler that comes in the cart is not efficient in wicking the liquid up to the the end of the cart and you end up with a dry spot on the atty end and can see that there is liquid on the bottom of the media when you pull it out with tweezers. So, we end up dropping a few drops on the dry end while the other end is still wet!

If you are getting too little vapor the foam is probably too tight and is compressed too much to absorb the juice.. If you are getting liquid through the mouthpiece or leaking between the cart and the atty, the foam is too loose to block liquid from running past and into the atty or the foam is sticking out of the cart and getting into the airway. The foam should not protrude past the end of the cart after filling. It's better to have the foam just under the end than hanging out! The air that comes out of the mouthpiece passes by the atty element and into two little slots on the side of the cart. If you get juice on this part, it will eventually end up in your mouth!

Some have had trouble determining what kind of foam to buy. Here's a link with a good picture of the product we are using.
Marineland Magnum Foam Sleeve "Rite-Size U" 3pk.

Last edited:

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Well I have had no luck with cartomizers on my eGo yet. The resistance is too high on the ones I have tried and the vapor and flavor is poor. I don't have any blue foam yet, so I cut the stock polyfill in half and shoved it into a coffee stirrer and flared out the end and tried it and guess what? It works great! I can't wait to get some blue foam.

I find dripping the most convenient when I'm at home and at work, but the flavor is harsh. Carto's give me no satisfaction in the ones I have tried. Carts give me the best satisfaction for a few hits then they run dry at the atty. This mod and highpings mod are the best. This is nicer because the filler doesn't get pushed down too far into the cart to give good contact with the atty.

I think once I get some blue foam, this is going to be my go to method.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I've been looking at both. Can't make my mind up. They both use 18650's. They are both bottom feeders. I kinda like the brass adapter on the Reo as I believe it will help keep any flooding contained. I prefer the way the Kaji door works as I think the magnets will hold better over time. The Kaji also looks smaller.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I've been looking at both. Can't make my mind up. They both use 18650's. They are both bottom feeders. I kinda like the brass adapter on the Reo as I believe it will help keep any flooding contained. I prefer the way the Kaji door works as I think the magnets will hold better over time. The Kaji also looks smaller.

Hey Pete where is the pics and how to you were gonnas send me lol. and i like the Kaji also. I want a 18650 battery and nothing smaller. That Phidius is one powerfull mod so Kaji and the Reo should be great. isnt the Reo biggar than Kaji?
Pete i havent used any BFD lately since the LR attys came out but they still worked pretty good last time i used it. Got a Mr Puffer and love it but i am going to sell it probasbly cause i want biggar battery and the Mr P has a 14500. its a nice little mod though and well made and works every time. Anyway just wanted to say hey Pete dont forget my pics want toi see what ya did to Phidius as i may do same.
Folks this BFD mod worked the best for me. not saying that cause Pete is here. Before using this BFD i was gettingt juice in my mouth a lot and when i got the BFD only once in a while. I wonts say i didnt get any juice in my mouth caus ei did but it was limited and it drained the cart totally empty.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Billy, I saw you lurking over at the kaji thread. Ya, I'll probably buy one too. Like I really need another mod!! As far as the Woody goes, I've now added a juice button to the front so it's a full fledged juicer now! I'll get around to the pics soon. I've just been so busy lately. One reason I'm thinking about the kaji is I really think that a bottom feeder will work better. I also like to be able to use a drip tip and you can't do that on a top feeder. As far as size goes, you are correct, the kaji is smaller than the Reo.
Later buddy!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Hey Rob,
The foam should be even with the top of the cart or just slightly below (further away from the coil). If that is how yours is and you're flooding the atomizer, then the foam is too small. I see you live in Florida. Where abouts? If you live anywhere near Tampa/St. Pete (I know it's a long shot) you need to come to our meet up tomorrow. I'll give you all the BFD's you'll ever need!! Like I said in previous posts, I'm using 510 cartomizers now so I don't mess with carts and atty's any more. I'm also using juice fed mods with regular atty's. Here is the link to our meet up, just in case you can make it.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nt-info-about-june-12th-suncoast-meeting.html

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Last edited:

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
hello pete , great mod was wondering how long would you use the foam for before throwing it out and making a new one? Know you moved on to cartos which will be in the future , heaven-gifts says 4 weeks out for the 510 cartomizers from them.
As crazy as it seems, I've used the same darts for months. I just wash them under running water every few days and pat them dry with a paper towel.

ricky59

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
North Carolina
Pete, did you get your cartos from eastmall? I have a few of theirs in blanks, but just testing them with the multimeter I found their resistance way higher than my atty's and so I don't expect much. I just cant find a low resistance cartomizer. I just cannot handle the lack of vapor from them and I'm quite convinced it is the higher resistance of the atomizer built into them.

I don't like regular attys for my eGo either. I'm stuck with having to use the LR atty's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread