Whistle vs round carts? Is this why none of my mods work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katsmeeoww

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Okay, so I've tried new polyfill, blue foam in the straight in the tube version, with a cut straw, and with a "shotgun" cut straw for my 510 cart mods. Polyfill sucks up all the juice and doesn't give it back. Blue foam straight up does the same. The straws sounded really cool, but I ended up with massive amounts of leakage and mouthfuls of juice. I basically just top off my carts now all the time...just like dripping. It isn't very good if you like to change flavors very often. I also can't believe how much liquid has been totally wasted. It is kind of annoying. The posts that the straw mods with plugs work great are really intriguing. I can't seem to get mine to work that well though. I'm wondering if it is because my carts are all the flat, whistle tip version, instead of round. Does anyone know if this makes a difference? Thanks for the input.

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
What model cart are you using?? The 901 or 510? The 510 should have a ledge/lips down inside about a 1/4" down from the top. The 901 has a D shape and no lips as the air path is on the opposite side of the D.

Both the round and flat tip 510 i have the inner lips.

I have a new plug coming out tonight if i get the time.. wife wants to chirstmas shop. :(

I'd ask what kind of juice your using if its either PG or VG based.. but that dont matter with the new mod.. neither does 3.7v or 5/6 volts :)

Here.. cut a different plug out of the Blue Foam rite size U. I mention that as you need to make sure you have the right style as it matters as i've noticed the other styles are different material thats more like fluval.

Cut a piece thats a 1/2 long and 3/8ths wide. Now with the piece in front of you laying long ways across from left to right. Cut a ^ shape out of the middle thats about 1/4" from the top. Now it should look like a bridge with legs on each side. ( I actually used a paper hole punch to cut the ^ shape from the middle hehe)

Now to insert it is different from my other mods. Stand the bridge up on its legs. Pick it up with your thumb and index finger squeezing it together ( the legs together) Now insert it into the top of the cart so that the legs are touching the round sides with no lips. Push it down into the cart a little so that its resting on the lips. I doubt this will work on carts with no lips like the 901/801.. straw mod would probably be out.

Oh and fill the cart before ofcourse! hehe. Add a drop or 2 afterwards on the plug if it looks dry.

That should do it.

Make sure to hold your e-cig on an angle (45 degree) while your using it or just inbetween hits. Why? Well thats how the juice will flow down the cart on the smooth sides where the inner lips are not.. would be the same on any other cart as the juice will flow down the walls.. if you just have it standing straight up the juice will hold down in the cart. When its resting on the walls the juice will flow down the fall slowly as it has a path to follow.

If you ever get a dry fire and you know you got more in the tank thats probably whats going on. Hold the cig on an angle and it will flow down to the tip.

My new mod will grab that juice when it reaches the bridge legs and direct it to the center of the plug where its needed insted of just leaking right on threw.

katsmeeoww

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hmm. This may be where I'm having a problem. Mine is a 510, but these lips you speak of...aren't in the inside of the cart. I don't think my camera will get a good enough picture to post, but there are ridges on the outside of the cart; the part that goes into the atomizer. The inside of the cart, where the filler goes, is smoothe. There is a very, very slight wave in the plastic on the inside, opposite the outer "ledges" (too many inner and outer lip references), but you can't even see it. I can barely feel it with a paperclip. It is pretty much just straight up and down inside the cart. Mine are about 2 weeks old, straight from a wholesaler in China. Do you think they might be different?

Also, yes, I have the Blue rite size U "Marineland". Also have some fluval from DIY flavor shack...not sure what manufacturer it is. I had the same wicking problems with that...no leaking, but no vaping either. I've pretty much ended up using a straw mad to force the blue foam to stay up by the atomizer, then sort of drip on it every now and then. If you fill up the whole thing with 12-15 drops in my carts, you'll be drinking it. (even at a perfect angle) FYI, the TW 36 mg juice does make your tongue go numb. Maybe I will try some of your new mods. Thanks for the reply!

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Hmm. This may be where I'm having a problem. Mine is a 510, but these lips you speak of...aren't in the inside of the cart. I don't think my camera will get a good enough picture to post, but there are ridges on the outside of the cart; the part that goes into the atomizer. The inside of the cart, where the filler goes, is smoothe. There is a very, very slight wave in the plastic on the inside, opposite the outer "ledges" (too many inner and outer lip references), but you can't even see it. I can barely feel it with a paperclip. It is pretty much just straight up and down inside the cart. Mine are about 2 weeks old, straight from a wholesaler in China. Do you think they might be different?

Yeah it may be different then the norm. You could try the straw.. you just gota make sure its not too long to where it may be too close the bridge or coil and melt.

I'm grab some new carts though.. www.altsmoke.com sells both the round and flat and there pretty cheap. TW is way too expensive for carts and thats where i bought mine long ago when i first started vaping.

Yeah no leakage and no vaper = either the foam isint touching the plug or is too dense to wick.

With no lips in the cart to hold the plug, its probably fallin down in the cart to where its not touching the atty bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread