???the best battery period???

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
Not Sure why a Mech mod can't have a wire in it? Maybe someone can Chime in on this?

All I'm trying to get at here is if there are Hurdles to overcome with a Design that has the Battery Positive End Pointing away from the User, and there is an Easier Way to Vent a mod keeping things the Way they are, why aren't All OEM Putting Vent Holes on at the Positive end of Mech mods?

My thought is ... They just don't care ... simple as that

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
i would like to talk about batteries i have 2 vtc4s & 2 vtc5s i just bought a lg the other day i want to try the efests but some people say there not that geat anyone try
any vamps i think they are around 40amps and then like my mvp i have i have to charge around 8oclock when i start vaping on at 6am and mine not that old i had the skinny itaste vv/vw mod with 5 iclears before i sold it to my sister inlaw but off topic back to the mvp some of the employs at local shop have theirs last a few days and this might be for another thread but sometimes i have to adjust the pin on it when using different tanks
This is one L O N G run on sentence. Does your keyboard even have punctuation marks?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
From a Fundamental Point of View. If a Battery is Designed to Vent from the Positive End of the Battery, would it be Better to have the Positive End of the battery Pointing at the User?

Or would it be Better to have Positive End Pointing Away from the User?

Pointing away obviously I think?

It would seem to be the Better of the Two Choices for a Tube Style Mod.

Since when did pressure push in one direction only?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Since when did pressure push in one direction only?

It Does seem to be a Omni Directional Force.

And If/When a Battery Swells, that Force can be Contained on one side of the Battery if the Battery Vents from the Positive End.

And that is the End that Doesn't have any Vent Holes in it on Most Mech Mods.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
From a fundamental point of view, it would be best if the battery was located remotely from the user.

That makes a lot of sense tj :thumb:.

Or use line current and get away from batteries all together? Of course we do like to be able to go anywhere with our vapes, but a lot of my vaping could be done from a wire plugged into the wall.

69CamaroSS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2014
Upstate, SC, USA
Not Sure why a Mech Mod can't have a wire in it? Maybe someone can Chime in on this?

All I'm trying to get at here is if there are Hurdles to overcome with a Design that has the Battery Positive End Pointing away from the User, and there is an Easier Way to Vent a MOD keeping things the Way they are, why aren't All OEM Putting Vent Holes on at the Positive end of Mech Mods?

I scan down the pictures of Mech Mod after Mech Mod on a site like Focalecig. Hard to find a Mech Mod that has Any Venting besides the End Cap Hole.

There's always the AR-15 MOD ;) All the venting one could ask for!
ruty9a6u.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And If/When a Battery Swells, that Force can be Contained on one side of the Battery if the Battery Vents from the Positive End.

I'm not sure that batteries swell enough to make any difference to the direction of the resultant force. Heck, I'm not even sure that batteries swell at all when they vent. I don't remember any vented battery in mod videos where the battery had to be drilled out, but those vids are always using batteries that are IMR or hybrids.

So, how safe do we need to make these puppies ... ICR safe?

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'm not sure that batteries swell enough to make any difference to the direction of the resultant force. Heck, I'm not even sure that batteries swell at all when they vent. I don't remember any vented battery in mod videos where the battery had to be drilled out. But those vids are always using batteries that are IMR or hybrids.

I'm not sure How Much they do either. Or if the Shirk Wrapper plays any roll it when it happens. As some have Said it Might.

And I have Never seen a Vid of someone Venting a Battery in a Mech Mod with not Top Vent Holes. Guess No One wants to Sacrifice $35 in the Name of Science.

What would be Nice is to Know what was the Exact Mod and the Exact Battery that the guy had at Vape Blast 2014. Because it might be Able to Answer some Questions about all his.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
And I have Never seen a Vid of someone Venting a Battery in a Mech Mod with not Top Vent Holes. Guess No One wants to Sacrifice $35 in the Name of Science.

Here's one video with a few examples. I don't know what the mod is, but it doesn't seem to have any top cap vent holes.

What would be Nice is to Know what was the Exact Mod and the Exact Battery that the guy had at Vape Blast 2014. Because it might be Able to Answer some Questions about all his.

For sure. Heck, I would settle for the battery type alone.

ETA: Let's not forget build resistance :rolleyes:

Last edited:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Of course. But as you and Rossum pointed out, most batteries will vent from the top. Since a venting battery may swell in size, the increased physical volume of the battery could block the gas pathway to the bottom of the mod. Essentially no venting possible out the bottom. Maybe side vent holes in addition to a bottom hole are a better idea?

meh...

there's a reason mods are built to vent from the bottom. choosing between top and sides is simply choosing between directly or indirectly at your face ... or between your face and your hand.

we just need to figure out how to point the batteries in the right direction...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
meh...

there's a reason mods are built to vent from the bottom. choosing between top and sides is simply choosing between directly or indirectly at your face ... or between your face and your hand.

we just need to figure out how to point the batteries in the right direction...

I know we can Only Speculate, but what do you Think would cause a Mod to Explode like the Mod that did during Vape Blast 2014?

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
A pipe bomb will also explode even though there is a hole for the fuse in it... If the pressure increases faster than that can be relieved through a hole or series of holes, the thing will explode.

In theory, if the mod's walls are weak enough and the burst hard enough, it can even explode without a bottom cap at all

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I know we can Only Speculate, but what do you Think would cause a Mod to Explode like the Mod that did during Vape Blast 2014?

pressure.

likely built up gasses.

hence why i like where you were going and think it would be beneficial to point the positive end of our cells away from our hands and faces.

though, i do think there was a likelyhood of ignored warning signs and mistreated equipment. (namely batteries)

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
pressure.

likely built up gasses.

hence why i like where you were going and think it would be beneficial to point the positive end of our cells away from our hands and faces.

though, i do think there was a likelyhood of ignored warning signs and mistreated equipment. (namely batteries)
Not so sure... What would you rather have? A) the mod exploding and killing you or b) mod exploding, shooting out the bottom cap and killing a bystander?

Most people I know vape with the mod close to horizontal so it will me "aiming" at someone....

Just playing the devil's advocate here...

Regards
Tony

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Not so sure... What would you rather have? A) the mod exploding and killing you or b) mod exploding, shooting out the bottom cap and killing a bystander?

Most people I know vape with the mod close to horizontal so it will me "aiming" at someone....

Just playing the devil's advocate here...

Regards
Tony

think venting gasses escaping freely. yeah, they'd likely be hot, but nobody would die... unless they're by the curtains next to a canopy bed used as a clothes line that's pushed against the only escape route in a room with a small child sleeping adjacent to all this... when it vents... which could and likely would happen on the charger instead.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
think venting gasses escaping freely. yeah, they'd likely be hot, but nobody would die...

Yup, avoid the pressure build up and you've got the bomb part taken care of. Box mods have the advantage here. It's very easy to put vents in the sides and there is a lot of clearance around the battery. With tube mods I think holes drilled at the top and bottom would do the trick, or you could mill slots in the tube. It's easy to do this right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread