The bf mod that should not have had this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
Use a small binder clip on the tube when recapping.
Some use something to plug the tube, which works also.

Never considered a binder clip. I do have some small ones at home and will give it a try. Thanks!

You might want to try using a 510 refill bottle, no fuss, no mess.

I may end up doing this if I can't find another fix or replacement. But I really don't want to...

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I run 30ml/day pretty consistently, would go batty if I had to remove/replace the squonk bottle each time I topped it off [emoji5]

(With a little practice, a silicone 510 refill bottle is pretty fast/easy. I also avoid having any issues with stretching the silicone feed tube, which happens over multiple remove/replace evolutions.)

kazz63758

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Southeast Missouri
I run 30ml/day pretty consistently, would go batty if I had to remove/replace the squonk bottle each time I topped it off [emoji5]

(With a little practice, a silicone 510 refill bottle is pretty fast/easy. I also avoid having any issues with stretching the silicone feed tube, which happens over multiple remove/replace evolutions.)

LOL. I really hadn't considered that. I'm coming over from REOs where bottle switches are much easier. Thanks for your comment--I'll at least give it a try.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
I did get quite a bit better battery life yesterday with the chip sleep turned down to 2 mins.

Usually, I get about 12-13 hours before the mod refuses to fire. I got a solid 17 hours yesterday. So it did truly last me a full day as a solo device/battery. I usually take something else to bed with me anyways.

Of course this was only at 28w, but I have the boost in use, and also vape pretty heavily in the morning and into early evening.

So the chip sleep feature and turning it down has definitely made a difference for me. Will be interesting to see how it goes for the next week or so.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
After upgrading the firmware, temp control is not working as it was before. I have to turn it all the way up to 315c to get a semi-decent vape. Before the upgrade I was at 225c

I'm using dual SS staggered fused claptons (26ga+32ga)*2 + 32ga. Should I change the TCR and if so what do people suggest?

hermansk

Dec 9, 2011
Belgium
After upgrading the firmware, temp control is not working as it was before. I have to turn it all the way up to 315c to get a semi-decent vape. Before the upgrade I was at 225c

I'm using dual SS staggered fused claptons (26ga+32ga)*2 + 32ga. Should I change the TCR and if so what do people suggest?
Same here with simple dual round wire build ss326l.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Thanks for checking. I do appreciate it.

I just purchased the mech pulse. I like the mod, but hate the bottle! Can fill it w/o getting juice everywhere. Guess I will have to start trying other bottles.

Again, many thanks

I use a simple approach: I place the tip of my index finger over the top of the tube while tightening the cap. I get a tiny spot of juice on my finger.

Oh, and my Pulse 80 is "out for delivery". :)

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I use a simple approach: I place the tip of my index finger over the top of the tube while tightening the cap. I get a tiny spot of juice on my finger.

Oh, and my Pulse 80 is "out for delivery". :)
For me is simple, when remove cap i put my blue screwdriver (i think every vaper have it) in the tube ....
After refill, i hold that screwdriver and screw that cap back, than tighten with hand .......
Kind of simple, easy n clean ...

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

A complex build like that is going to have its own special coefficient, and you'll probably have to trial-and-error it yourself to find out what it is.

It's not a quick and dirty process.

In one of the temp control modes and with a saturated wick, navigate to the TCR option with a cool coil. Make sure your mod is starting with the correct room temp resistance. This is critical. Get starting resistance wrong and temp control will not work.

Turn the TCR down to something reasonably below the recommended TCR for that metal type (SS316L, 304, 430, 317, etc). A few points is good. You may have to look up the right value somewhere.

Exit out and try it. If it's too tepid, repeat the above, turn TCR up a bit and try it again. Repeat until you get a warning hit. Back off to the previous setting or split the difference, maybe.

With the vandy chip, the default SS TCR is '1100.' This I interpret to be 110.0. So for trouble-shooting a single wire spaced SS316 coil, you'd start somewhere below 0920 and work up.

If you use contact SS coils rather than spaced, your build's TCR and the published TCR for that material may not be the same. TC works best with spaced coils forever and ever, Amen.

If you use dual coils rather than single, your TCR and the published TCR may not be the same unless you have identical resistances for both coils. Even a few hundredths of an Ohm can make a difference.

If you get a dry hit then either the coefficient is wrong, starting resistance is wrong, or both. Or, you're trying temp control on a Smok or an Ijoy.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
what do people suggest?
What the seaside bovine herder said plus using thinner gauge for the mantle wire. If you've got too much metal on the outside it'll heat up too slowly and the inner wire will be throttled by TC before the outer reaches operating temp. 36g and up for the outer works fine.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA

i too was dissatisfied with the TC after i upgraded to the new firmware, (don't get me wrong I really liked the rest of the improvements kudos to VV and djslb and to tonyb for pushing out the upgrade!). I ended up going back to Version 005 - (they have it up on the site) and I am back to running at 460F @60watts (on a cthulhu gaia rdta - .45ish ohms - dual coil - spaced coils - ss316l claptons 28g inner core and 38g outer wrap )

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Thanks guys. @Coastal Cowboy good advice. I'll give it a go
Strange, so it sounds like they may have fixed some issues in TC, but at the same time broken it even fundamentally worse? :grr: I haven't had a chance to watch the video on the firmware updates yet. First on my list this am. Maybe I misunderstand. DJLSB always has a way of making things clear. :)

Thanks for the heads up folks. I'm still happy with 0.0.0.6 (not using TC), but I'm going to download the firmware package for 0.0.0.5 in case I need it. Some sites don't leave multiple versions up for the long haul. Also will be waiting to update backup devices until the next release comes out and we have a chance to evaluate it.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Ever since ive updated to 0.0.6 very occasionally I have the new coil/old coil come up when i havent put a new atty on or pressed the + and - twice... wierd...was fine on 0.0.5...... :(
Strange, keep us posted. I haven't had that issue before or after 0.0.0.6.

You know, I wonder if your 510 pin is quirky. I don't think it's really spring loaded. I think it just sits on an o-ring.

If I put an atty on with a really deep 510 pin, going back to a shorty it doesn't even register the atty with the shorter pin. If I pop out the bottle and push on the bottom of the 510 insider the mod, reconnecting the atty with the shorter pin works fine. Not sure if you're switching toppers and perhaps not getting a good connection? If I have the Recurve on (longer pin), going back to the Nudge, I have to 'nudge' the 510 on the Pulse to get it to register the Nudge.

Try pushing up on the pin from inside the mod and see if the issue resolves. Will be interested to see if this becomes an issue for us. Your pin may be touching, but occasionally losing contact?

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
Ever since ive updated to 0.0.6 very occasionally I have the new coil/old coil come up when i havent put a new atty on or pressed the + and - twice... wierd...was fine on 0.0.5...... :(
i do have same issue on 0.0.0.5 version, but solve it by changing other rda .... not sure is coil or RDA issue ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread