~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
nautilus 0.7ohm coil has settled into 0.8 ohms, running it at 20 watts...this is a pretty good factory coil so far!

They did a great job with that coil. The only negative is when it's done...it's DONE. Great flavor coil though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
They did a great job with that coil. The only negative is when it's done...it's DONE. Great flavor coil though.

I was really hoping they wouldn't creep up in resistance, but true to Aspire/factory coil form, they do just that.

I'm at about 0.85 ohms now...kind of a bummer.

But hey, the airflow is PERFECT for me.

And the flavor is pretty damn good!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I never minded the creep if I could get longevity with the flavor. Whatever you do don't get the Nautilus Claptons. Not a great vape.

That's what I've heard...

I did try the Triton Mini 1.2's...not so great in the Kabuki or the BBox...

DougFNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
New Jersey
That's what I've heard...

I did try the Triton Mini 1.2's...not so great in the Kabuki or the BBox...

My best experience has been with the 1.6 and the .7.

On 1.6 I find 10.6 watts has been the perfect spot. I vape Vanilla Custard Tobacco which is pretty sweet, so I tend to get 4 days out of a coil before I get that "taste". I hit the .7 at around 20 watts.

I have his this Box for a week now and I am not even looking at my Provari's or Dani Box. I felt it when I got it, this is the perfect mod. All day plus on battery, I have easily been getting through a full workday on a full tank. This is the first time that I don't feel like I have to have a bottle of juice with me if I'm going out for a couple of hours.

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
My best experience has been with the 1.6 and the .7.

On 1.6 I find 10.6 watts has been the perfect spot. I vape Vanilla Custard Tobacco which is pretty sweet, so I tend to get 4 days out of a coil before I get that "taste". I hit the .7 at around 20 watts.

I have his this Box for a week now and I am not even looking at my Provari's or Dani Box. I felt it when I got it, this is the perfect mod. All day plus on battery, I have easily been getting through a full workday on a full tank. This is the first time that I don't feel like I have to have a bottle of juice with me if I'm going out for a couple of hours.

I'm going to have to try a .7 one of these days.

Four days out of a 1.6? I guess it's the custard and tobacco. I get 4 to 6 weeks out of my coils. No flavor, with a little menthol added, or MBV Menthol.

Mandro

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Tamworth UK
I've been using a billet box for just over a week and it's fast becoming my favourite, so much so that I now have 3.
One of them is a Rev3 that's been modified with a Dna60 board and single lipo. It's got a charge board installed but I'm thinking of changing the lipo for a couple of 16340 in parallel. I might have to loose the charging board unless I can fit it in somewhere else.
It's also the first time that I've used pre maid coils and I'm surprised at how good they are.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I've been thinking about trying the new Nautilus .7ohm coils. Just to confirm, I need the Racing bridge correct? That's the one that fits?

It's been a pretty decent experience so far...after about 6-8 hours at 20 watts, however using a new (to me) flavor...

I'll really know once I try a known-good flavor with one.

The Racing Bridge isn't the right one.

This is it:

Billet Bridge-Nautilus

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
So with my current BB limping along I need some exocet help. 26g SS on 3mm bit 8 wrap at .7 ohms. Wicking is having trouble. I've tried other builds and they are too cool or do not fit. Any suggestions for better wicking?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
I've noticed if I open the tank window it feeds great. I'm used to rdtas and rdas. It appears this is a new devolpment for me in 6 years having wicking issues.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I've been using a billet box for just over a week and it's fast becoming my favourite, so much so that I now have 3.
One of them is a Rev3 that's been modified with a Dna60 board and single lipo. It's got a charge board installed but I'm thinking of changing the lipo for a couple of 16340 in parallel. I might have to loose the charging board unless I can fit it in somewhere else.
It's also the first time that I've used pre maid coils and I'm surprised at how good they are.
i guess if you loose the charging board, the USB goes with it?!?!

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I've noticed if I open the tank window it feeds great. I'm used to rdtas and rdas. It appears this is a new devolpment for me in 6 years having wicking issues.
My guess is you have too much wick in the wick holes on the side. Its a problem with the exo and the doggy. I have 27g NiFe48, 7 wraps around 2.5mm, wick quite tight in coil but obviously less to go through the wick holes given the smaller coil diameter. You could try thinning out the wick tails a bit and keep to 3mm!!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
So with my current BB limping along I need some exocet help. 26g SS on 3mm bit 8 wrap at .7 ohms. Wicking is having trouble. I've tried other builds and they are too cool or do not fit. Any suggestions for better wicking?

I use Ko-Gen-Doh cotton pads

I cut one pad into four strips

Using one strip, I nick off a corner and strip off one "outer layer"

I roll the cotton fairly tight, and slide it through the coil

I pop the chimney onto the Exo, and snip off the excess cotton, leaving about 3-4mm

The cotton is tighter in the coil than any other deck I've built on, but it seems the Exocet likes a tighter cotton roll in the coil

The cotton still slides out easily, either direction, but it's definitely tighter in the coil

Saturate the wick, install and fill tank

Coil build:
Two-wire twisted 28g Kanthal
5/6 wraps on 2.8mm (7/64") bit
Builds out to 0.5~ ohms
Firing at 25 watts

Juice:
80VG
20PG

Wick:
Ko-Gen-Doh cotton
(Amazon, medium size)

------------

I'm sure your wicking procedure sounds/looks/feels very similar mine

ToSS may be right.

Your tails might be too dense.

Getting good wicking when you slide the tank open means you're not creating vacuum in the atomizer to pull the juice into the chamber.

Also make sure to leave a bubble of air in the tank, AKA don't fill it to the brim, since that bubble will help wicking take place.

I'm sure after 6 years of experience you know this stuff, so I'm just trying to walk it through from the ground up, since I can't actually get my hands on your gear and see what's up.

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I use Ko-Gen-Doh cotton pads

I cut one pad into four strips

Using one strip, I nick off a corner and strip off one "outer layer"

I roll the cotton fairly tight, and slide it through the coil

I pop the chimney onto the Exo, and snip off the excess cotton, leaving about 3-4mm

The cotton is tighter in the coil than any other deck I've built on, but it seems the Exocet likes a tighter cotton roll in the coil

The cotton still slides out easily, either direction, but it's definitely tighter in the coil

Saturate the wick, install and fill tank

Coil build:
Two-wire twisted 28g Kanthal
5/6 wraps on 2.8mm (7/64") bit
Builds out to 0.5~ ohms
Firing at 25 watts

Juice:
80VG
20PG

Wick:
Ko-Gen-Doh cotton
(Amazon, medium size)

------------

I'm sure your wicking procedure sounds/looks/feels very similar mine

ToSS may be right.

Your tails might be too dense.

Getting good wicking when you slide the tank open means you're not creating vacuum in the atomizer to pull the juice into the chamber.

Also make sure to leave a bubble of air in the tank, AKA don't fill it to the brim, since that bubble will help wicking take place.

I'm sure after 6 years of experience you know this stuff, so I'm just trying to walk it through from the ground up, since I can't actually get my hands on your gear and see what's up.

No worries, and TY guys for the suggestions. This is the first time building on a 14mm atty inside a vacuum. I figured I have seen it all, how hard could it be? I'll try thinning the tails out as the cotton is TIGHT in the coil.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Carbon fiber panels hand check, relaxing Sunday doing some drawing...

IMG_20170604_155515.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread