~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Got the Rev-2 stripped down, and thoroughly cleaned (she was a very dirty bird). Got her back up and running, and she's happy as a clam!
33b2e5f05b10daf8b3936e1cc6862ab4.jpg

My Rat has a girlfriend!
00c0ecb3204a034ea0b9780443f2558e.jpg

She's had a rough life (her previous owner apparently had butter fingers), but he sees her for what she can, and will be.
Cuz, for those of you who only know me from this thread, well...lets just say I've got a personal vendetta against the "status quo".
She won't look like this when I'm done with her!

You have made some interesting comments about the Delrin tank vs the Boro. I don't have a Rev 4, but have the Rev3s. I always use a Boro, but fight with the darn gasket...all the time. It frustrates me to no end and yes, I know all the tips and tricks - tried them all. Sometimes its fine, sometimes not. So, your happiness with the delrin inspires me to give them a try, again.

What coil are you using with the Delrin and how are you filling it? Are you using the syringe from BB? Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You have made some interesting comments about the Delrin tank vs the Boro. I don't have a Rev 4, but have the Rev3s. I always use a Boro, but fight with the darn gasket...all the time. It frustrates me to no end and yes, I know all the tips and tricks - tried them all. Sometimes its fine, sometimes not. So, your happiness with the delrin inspires me to give them a try, again.

What coil are you using with the Delrin and how are you filling it? Are you using the syringe from BB? Any tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to throw out a response before heading off to work.

Use a needle tip. The pinks are fine, the greens are fine, as are the COOL new black ones that come with the r4.

Lay the tank flat and insert the tip at an angle. I usually angle mine straight down, from the top of the tank. Then fill and lift the tank straight up, so you can see the level of juice. Stop before filling it completely (just a small bit of air is all that's needed).

After removing the needle, squeeze the face of the tank, and wipe down any residual juice. Reinsert tank (IF you removed it), and vape away.

It takes literally seconds, and works every time. The amazing thing to me is that I'm still using the ones I got WAY back when. I'd have thought the balls would have broken by now, but they haven't. Go figure.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'm going to throw out a response before heading off to work.

Use a needle tip. The pinks are fine, the greens are fine, as are the COOL new black ones that come with the r4.

Lay the tank flat and insert the tip at an angle. I usually angle mine straight down, from the top of the tank. Then fill and lift the tank straight up, so you can see the level of juice. Stop before filling it completely (just a small bit of air is all that's needed).

After removing the needle, squeeze the face of the tank, and wipe down any residual juice. Reinsert tank (IF you removed it), and vape away.

It takes literally seconds, and works every time. The amazing thing to me is that I'm still using the ones I got WAY back when. I'd have thought the balls would have broken by now, but they haven't. Go figure.

Thank you! You are talking plastic needle tips and not metal, correct? Just want to make sure I don't end up causing damage. Thank you!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you! You are talking plastic needle tips and not metal, correct? Just want to make sure I don't end up causing damage. Thank you!

Yes - definitely plastic tips only.

Pretty cheap on Amazon. These are the pink (20g) ones.
Dispensing Needle, Plastic Tapered Pink 20 ga 0.024id x 1.25" Tip, 50 pcs: Science Lab Needles: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

If you use thicker juices, you can select different sizes.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_s...pensing+needle+plastic+tapered,industrial,128

Sometimes I snip the very tips off the pink ones, just for fast filling. Obviously that makes the juice come out more quickly, so you need to think about that when you're turning a bottle upside down (or anything).

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
And I'm still using the original tanks I got! The ones with the clear plastic front, and they still work fine too! :)

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
Yes - definitely plastic tips only.

Pretty cheap on Amazon. These are the pink (20g) ones.
Dispensing Needle, Plastic Tapered Pink 20 ga 0.024id x 1.25" Tip, 50 pcs: Science Lab Needles: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

If you use thicker juices, you can select different sizes.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_25?url=search-alias=industrial&field-keywords=dispensing+needle+plastic+tapered&sprefix=dispensing+needle+plastic+tapered,industrial,128

Sometimes I snip the very tips off the pink ones, just for fast filling. Obviously that makes the juice come out more quickly, so you need to think about that when you're turning a bottle upside down (or anything).

Thank you, again! Do you have a specific bottle you purchase, too? Or, do you just put these on a syringe? Sorry for all the questions...

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I always just use the bottle that BB sends with all the boxes... I have about 4 or 5 of them at the moment and they work great.. The only minor bummer is transporting them.. I think I use to have a little rubber thingie that I could slip over the top of the tip but I no can find it / them..

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Having just received my first BVC Bridge, my thoughts are: He|| no!
I do not like the press-fit top tube at all.
It's a mechanically weak connection, and I will only use it as a last resort.

I love the classic bridge with the BVC.. I got my 1st BB back in mid 2013 and started using the Billet Bridge right when it came out for the BB...

I've never had issue with the connection between the 2 parts and it simple and works every time.. Sure the screw in style of the comfort might give a more secure warm and fuzzy but the bridge with BVC is super duper a-ok in my book...

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I'm assuming RTD has a upstanding and long-standing reputation?

In "My" limited experience - "Randy" the owner of "RTD" is very customer orientated and provides great service . . . Matter of fact, I've sent a few people over to him already . . . Just tell him Your "Uncle" sent Ya' (Not like that will do anything for Ya', but it is Humorous if "Your" in the know . . . :p ) . . . ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

Sorry I didn't respond sooner...
I don't think your post was in response to me. I prefer Boro over Delrin...

But your post seems to match DP and/or Raqball...
I know both of them prefer the Delrin.

-------

Anyone know where I can get them fancy clear-front Delrin plates?

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I always just use the bottle that BB sends with all the boxes... I have about 4 or 5 of them at the moment and they work great.. The only minor bummer is transporting them.. I think I use to have a little rubber thingie that I could slip over the top of the tip but I no can find it / them..

Next time you go to your doctor ask him if you can have the plastic cap thingy that goes over a syringe needle. They fit nicely over the plastic needle tip when its on the bottle.

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I came into a bit of extra cash via a credit card rebate, so I decided to keep my orange Rev. 4 (ding and all) and get either a red or a dark blue tomorrow...or maybe black or green. I hope the F5 war doesn't get out of hand, although it looks like they'll have more stock than they did 2 weeks ago.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Just wanted to post this. Apparently it is a real billboard and vapors are blowing up their phones and FB to have it removed. View attachment 567603

f4e59c560256348aed205a9035fafff2.jpg

So now, mental illness is a tobacco product?

I called and told them to remove the billboards.

Sounds like they're getting a TON of negative feedback from vapers.

Let's add to the fire!

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I just called the number on the billboard and politely told them that I had a comment on one of their billboards. I was then given another number that connected me to the American Lung Association. I guess they are getting overloaded with calls about their blatant lies.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I came into a bit of extra cash via a credit card rebate, so I decided to keep my orange Rev. 4 (ding and all) and get either a red or a dark blue tomorrow...or maybe black or green. I hope the F5 war doesn't get out of hand, although it looks like they'll have more stock than they did 2 weeks ago.
Call me a silly ol bird, but it makes me so happy to know you're going to keep your Rev4 Kurb! I hope you get whichever color you most want, tomorrow. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread