Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Pics or it didnt happen! buy 2 get one free riiiiight?
I still can't find anything wrong with them. Blem life!

e117d9560198e0c39d9e62c732c79c42.jpg
a3a3b6ae7f6da4e2401c0e3a9e67e275.jpg
2ab12b4979b4c18b012c01793467866a.jpg

smiley-face-thumbs-up-animation-huge-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
I hate to ask again, but if anyone is re-building their Insider, I'd be more than gracious if you could snap a couple of photos of your build. I fixed the grounding issue and the vacuum issue, but still have trouble getting a consistant juice feed on mine.

I just re wicked my Insider, used the same SS coil I had, hope this helps you:

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg

TheSneakerHoarder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
DFW
I just re wicked my Insider, used the same SS coil I had, hope this helps you:

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4313.jpg

IMG_4314.jpg

IMG_4315.jpg
Thank you! Looks like a ton of cotton but I'm obviously having issues my way. I'll try your method tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

NeoGoldenBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
Thank you! Looks like a ton of cotton but I'm obviously having issues my way. I'll try your method tonight.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's actually not a lot, just fluffed up. I cut the tails at a 45 degree angle, fluffed up the cotton, add some juice and put it close to the liquid channels with just a small amount of cotton inside them (a millimeter and a half or so.)

One thing I also do is align the juice holes to the front of the tank (4th image,) that might have something to do also.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Love those @TheotherSteveS where ya getting them?

VapinArt bro!

Search Page

Looks like they just got a new batch. Not cheap but pretty well made. There really is a gap in the market for BB cases/sleeves I think but in the grand scheme of things, there sin't that much demand so hence the price premium I suppose. Might try to maike a couple myself. Quite like leather work ;)

Fit is very tight on the blue one and slightly less on the red so get them to check before they send! They are sleeves so no base protection but when inserted correctly it rests on the leather not the BB itself so no biggie. I put some clear tape on the bottom of the BB anyway for a bit of protection.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I made a sleeve for one of my DIY squonkers before, I must admit that I no longer use it.
View attachment 668145
It was made from a thin leather and just glued down the seam. It was really easy to make.
you are a very talented chap! Your mods are really nice!

To be honest, I wish I hadnt had a rush of you-know-what to the head and bought these. Should have thought of making them myself but too lazy i guess.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Well, I expect to see what you guys create! I did buy a few cases off the book of faces - I know they'll be nice I'm sure but would be nice to be able to make a few myself - m0 $$ for BBs!

I can't get to the fabric store till Monday afternoon and I do not possess the skills to create but I'm going to give this a go! Should be fun :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Well, I expect to see what you guys create! I did buy a few cases off the book of faces - I know they'll be nice I'm sure but would be nice to be able to make a few myself - m0 $$ for BBs!

I can't get to the fabric store till Monday afternoon and I do not possess the skills to create but I'm going to give this a go! Should be fun :)
i did some leather work years and years ago with no special tools. It's not too hard to make something half decent I think and leather is surprisingly cheap.

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I took my new rev 4 to work with me today with my rev 3, and I noticed that there was a noticeable different in taste. I had them set up exactly the same, same bridge, same coil and same juice. I just figured out why. It is the air flow, on the rev 3, the air flow is just slight more restricted then on the rev 4. I really did not think the it would make that much difference, but it does. :?:

KAS

Exactly. This is my frustration, if you will, with the Rev4. I still tinker with ways to reduce airflow, but the vape is not the same.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
I would imagine that it would be difficult to fit and secure a bottom piece in there, I'm sure it could be done, but it wouldn't be easy, I don't think.
I have a few leather Provari tubes (sorry, can't remember the name of who made them), and you don't really need to put a "bottom" in. What they did was glue a narrow strip of leather on the inside bottom edge of the tube (or fold up the bottom edge and glue to keep it flat), to keep the mod from sliding all the way to the bottom.

Also, if the wraps are very snug, you can use a bit of baby powder to help the mod slide in and out more easily.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have a few leather Provari tubes (sorry, can't remember the name of who made them), and you don't really need to put a "bottom" in. What they did was glue a narrow strip of leather on the inside bottom edge of the tube (or fold up the bottom edge and glue to keep it flat), to keep the mod from sliding all the way to the bottom.

Also, if the wraps are very snug, you can use a bit of baby powder to help the mod slide in and out more easily.

It was serenity gear, I have a bunch of his stuff for my Provari 2.5's. I did get one of his leather holsters for the BB, and it is awesome I use it everyday. A leather sleeve tho I do not have. I just use a paper towel with some rubber bands around it, if I am taking an extra BB with me. It is not as nice but it works to protect the finish. I miss serenity gear's products, there were several things I had on my wish list when he shut down. :(

KAS

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
It was serenity gear, I have a bunch of his stuff for my Provari 2.5's. I did get one of his leather holsters for the BB, and it is awesome I use it everyday. A leather sleeve tho I do not have. I just use a paper towel with some rubber bands around it, if I am taking an extra BB with me. It is not as nice but it works to protect the finish. I miss serenity gear's products, there were several things I had on my wish list when he shut down. :(

KAS
That's the place! :) I actually don't use any covers on my BB's. The anodized ones are pretty much bulletproof. I would like to maybe make a cover for my v1.0 BB, since the nekkid aluminum can mar so easily. Fortunately (sorta), I have a leather jacket that was murdered by EMT's (cut through the zipper, FFS!) that has been waiting around for repurposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread