The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor Cloudchaser

Jun 25, 2015
So, build #3 is rockin in my BV2. Claptons (too lazy to make my own, bought UD 26AWG*32AWG*5mm), 5 wrap 2mm ID and running at .5ohm. It is kicking out serious clouds, but spits more than it vapes. o_O Not sure if I just don't like more complex builds (24G twisted kanthal is just too hot, .5mm twisted Ti isn't bad, but not great...) but I will probably be sticking with 6 wraps of 24G kanthal. Anyone tried vertical coils yet?

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So, build #3 is rockin in my BV2. Claptons (too lazy to make my own, bought UD 26AWG*32AWG*5mm), 5 wrap 2mm ID and running at .5ohm. It is kicking out serious clouds, but spits more than it vapes. o_O Not sure if I just don't like more complex builds (24G twisted kanthal is just too hot, .5mm twisted Ti isn't bad, but not great...) but I will probably be sticking with 6 wraps of 24G kanthal. Anyone tried vertical coils yet?
Not sure if I mentioned before here but those UD pre-made wires are crap. If your claptons at 0.5 spit more than they vape then mine at 0.2 should be splashing. Now it pops, but not more than it gives me a wonderful flavorful vape. No offense, really, but I'm pretty sure when people say they don't like complex builds and they're referring to the flavor or vape, then they're doing it wrong, or in your case here I believe just purchased inferior wire. I wrapped my own 26/36 claptons and they are on par with a drippers flavor. Twisted and clapton builds that are meant fit flavor do just that, they by nature, produce a more dense and flavorful vape. I guess I'm just saying don't give up. Try making your own claptons one day. I still try standard coils in my rdas and billows every now and then and the decreased flavor is so noticeable I rip it out and put in at least a twisted build after a few hits.

Twisted 24 would have similar resistance to solid 22 gauge Kanthal, which is quite low. Try twisting 28 gauge Kanthal tight till it breaks and doing 5 or 6 wrap 2.5 mm in your billow. That's what I have in one of mine and the flavor and heat is great. Comes out to about 0.25+ resistance but you can do fit more wraps if you want it cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
No offense, really, but I'm pretty sure when people say they don't like complex builds and they're referring to the flavor or vape, then they're doing it wrong, or in your case here I believe just purchased inferior wire.
I don't like complex builds. But I'm just too freaking lazy to build them. :D

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hey all, I got a pretty decent build first try a few days ago after my BV2 showed up... loving it so far... I'm just wondering how the standard wicking (cotton in the cups, not the channels) holds up on 70 % VG or higher? Sorta want to know before I order higher VG juice. thanks, and thanks for the build recommendations

m00shie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Malaysia
I 'chain' vape 80%VG up to max vg and I never have any issues so far. As Thor C's comment, the less wick the better. I just fluff up the tail ends...snip off the access fluffs to reduce its density. Just enough to fit into the cup without clogging it and dense enough not to cause leaks. Once u get the balance, it's pretty simple.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
So.... Is the cotton that they include in the box japanese.?
Is it off-white like slightly brown and has little brown specks in it? That's what my Japanese organic cotton looks like. But I never use the ones that come with attys and whatnot but that's just me. I always wonder how many people and what unclean hands have touched that sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Haylon357

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I finally received the Billow V2 along with some 26 and 28ga Ni200 yesterday. Built dual Ni200 coils, 28ga 7 wraps that came out to .08 ohms. First impression, DAMN!!! This is one of the best tanks I have ever personally tried, if not THE BEST (Now I keep telling myself don't jump the gun, you have only had it since last night ;):lol: ) Great airflow, excellent taste, and big clouds. So far, this tank is really a winner in my book!

(Left to Right) Gold EHPRO Kayfun Light V2 on an IPV2S, Billow V2 on an IPV3 Li, SS EHPRO Kayfun Light V2 on a Lost Vape Tan V2 (My Baby :):thumbs: )
Phone%20Pictures%20751_zpsxwiwpdpv.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20756_zpsswr3dtvw.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20714_zpsoyfhgtch.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
I finally received the Billow V2 along with some 26 and 28ga Ni200 yesterday. Built dual Ni200 coils, 28ga 7 wraps that came out to .08 ohms. First impression, DAMN!!! This is one of the best tanks I have ever personally tried, if not THE BEST (Now I keep telling myself don't jump the gun, you have only had it since last night ;)[emoji38] ) Great airflow, excellent taste, and big clouds. So far, this tank is really a winner in my book!

(Left to Right) Gold EHPRO Kayfun Light V2 on an IPV2S, Billow V2 on an IPV3 Li, SS EHPRO Kayfun Light V2 on a Lost Vape Tan V2 (My Baby :):thumbs: )
Phone%20Pictures%20751_zpsxwiwpdpv.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20756_zpsswr3dtvw.jpg

Phone%20Pictures%20714_zpsoyfhgtch.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
I have been fighting dual coil ni 200. I have access to 32, 30, and 28 gauge. What was the ID of your coils in your Billow V2?

Tapped From My LG G4

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I have been fighting dual coil ni 200. I have access to 32, 30, and 28 gauge. What was the ID of your coils in your Billow V2?

Tapped From My LG G4

I wrapped the coils around the blue screwdriver that came with the Billow V2. It was getting late and I wanted to get a build in it. If I had to guess, Id say around 2mm and it is very tight.

Good luck,
Steve

Haylon357

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
USA
Your welcome and yes sir, I just gently pulled them apart until evenly spaced (nudging with a small screwdriver helps). The thing is, you can't put too much space between wraps and still fit them in the chimney as your probably already painfully aware of.
Oh I'm very aware. Thank you for the advice

Tapped From My LG G4

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
The thing I'll say about the BV2 is that it just works. The machining of it is awesome as well. There is nothing you can say about it that is bad, there is nothing you can say about it that is outstanding. I will just say it's nice to have a piece of vape gear that just simply does what it is supposed to do without being super finicky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread