The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2014
Baker, MT
I don't have a v2, but when I had a v1, I never put any wick in the slots. I used larger coils, 2.4mm to have a thicker wick. And trimmed the edges to fit the curve of the deck. Never had any flooding or dry hits. Maybe try that?
That's what I would suggest. The v1 had those grooves too, just smaller. Wick level with the deck and call it good.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Ok, not sure which atty this is. It might be the Silverplay, but hope it helps. You can see how I trimmed one wick. Cutting to fit the deck edges:

1. Prevents liquid from getting past the wick.
2. Prevents the chimney from grabbing and moving the wick. Especially helpful when you have a one piece chimney and can't see if your wicks are still in place.

20150301_151316_zpsd85c4t9n.jpg~320x480

If your having harsh/dry hits, give this method a try.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I absolutely love this tank. Solid craftsmanship--flawless finish. No leaks, excellent flavor, easy to build on. Came with 2 2.5mm 26ga coils which were an extremely tight fit in the inner sleeve, but work wonders in this big *** tank.

Using the heck out of my v2 as well. Yep, gonna grab another asap.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I absolutely love this tank. Solid craftsmanship--flawless finish. No leaks, excellent flavor, easy to build on. Came with 2 2.5mm 26ga coils which were an extremely tight fit in the inner sleeve, but work wonders in this big *** tank.

Hmm, mine came with 3mm coils that would not fit at all..

bmj105

May 28, 2014
Las Vegas, Nv
That really stinks. Sorry you're having trouble. Did you notice in the manual that the deck can be removed from the base by taking out the 510 pin and unscrewing the deck counterclockwise. It's how you remove the airflow ring apparently. Maybe something is wrong under the deck that could be easily fixed?
Found a small burr inside the threading of the 510 that I missed on initial cleaning. It's working great now, no leaks or any other issues.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Kelseyr561989

May 19, 2015
I've wicked all the ways everyone has posted on this thread. Burnt hits. constantly, had to adjust the 510 pin on the bottom with my SX mini M class to get the ohms to stop jumping, but it doesn't seem to care how i wick it, my friends have tried, can't get it either. I have two of them both wont work at all. ive tried cutting flush then tucking the tails into the wick slots, i've tried letting some in the juice channels, i've tried cutting further then the deck and barely letting it sit in the wick channel. I tried wicking it like the billow one. doesnt matter. burns every time after one or more hits. This makes me so frustrated because i know i will love this tank if i can figure out what im doing wrong.

Reactions: erieboyz

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I've wicked all the ways everyone has posted on this thread. Burnt hits. constantly, had to adjust the 510 pin on the bottom with my SX mini M class to get the ohms to stop jumping, but it doesn't seem to care how i wick it, my friends have tried, can't get it either. I have two of them both wont work at all. ive tried cutting flush then tucking the tails into the wick slots, i've tried letting some in the juice channels, i've tried cutting further then the deck and barely letting it sit in the wick channel. I tried wicking it like the billow one. doesnt matter. burns every time after one or more hits. This makes me so frustrated because i know i will love this tank if i can figure out what im doing wrong.

You must be using too much cotton, nothing else would be causing it..

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I may be... I'll wick one up soon and post some pics
If I remember correctly you said earlier that you are vaping at 4.2 volts, I wonder if that is just too much power for your build to keep up. I am happily vaping without issue on a .4 ohm build at 25 watts or 3.3 volts.

Do you have the ability to turn down the power and slowly move up to find the billows happy place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread