The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Got mine yesterday and it seems I may have a defective base. I put my go to build in it, dual 24g at .4 ohms. First read on my meter said 1.9ohms. Checked the screws and made sure the coils were not touching anything they shouldn't. Read 2.1 ohms for a second on the meter then it read shorted, haven't been able to get it to read since. Checked it on my sigelei 150 and got the check atomizer message.

I put a different build in but got the same result. I cleaned and dried it as well, no dice. I'm pretty bummed out but I have contacted Eciggity and they have always been good to me on the customer service side so I hope to get it figured out.

I know it's only been out a day or two but has anyone else has this problem?
That really stinks. Sorry you're having trouble. Did you notice in the manual that the deck can be removed from the base by taking out the 510 pin and unscrewing the deck counterclockwise. It's how you remove the airflow ring apparently. Maybe something is wrong under the deck that could be easily fixed?

Reactions: sanctus_fumus

Kelseyr561989

May 19, 2015
That really stinks. Sorry you're having trouble. Did you notice in the manual that the deck can be removed from the base by taking out the 510 pin and unscrewing the deck counterclockwise. It's how you remove the airflow ring apparently. Maybe something is wrong under the deck that could be easily fixed?

I'm having this same issue, as well as major wicking issues, I can wick everything except this, and ibe tried eberything...

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I wicked mine exactly like my goblins and have been having no issues.

I vape 50/50 juices. I usually thread some Japanese cotton so it's snug in the coil than I trim just a little bit off the tails so it's not an overwhelming amount trying to place in the channels. Wet the wicks and tuck just the tips very lightly down into the channels just a few millimeters. You also need to look under your coils and make sure no part of the wick is touching the lip of the air holes.

With a 26 gauge, 2.4 mm, 8 wrap, .4 ohm dual coils at 25 watts, I'm having no issues with leaking, dry hits or spit back.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I've tried every way, at 25 watts on .4 ohms... That's incredibly low... Wicking this thing is a nightmare. I've done it exactly like the video, like a few people have described, ohms jumps constantly and it will work for a few pulls them burning or spit back again often both. So far I'm extremely dissapointed.

Incredibly low meaning ohms or the power level I'm using?

My Billow V2 is working flawlessly and I'm burning through a tank and a half everyday. I feel really bad that you are having issues and I'd really like to help. So please don't take anything I ask as an insult to your intelligence.

Can you list as many details about your build and what you are using, such as:
Gauge, diameter and ohms of your build
Wicking material
Watts
Mod you are using

Can you post some pics of your build and how you have it wicked?

Do you have any other dual coil RTA's that you have had success with? (I cut my teeth for the last three months on two Goblins and that really helped me have immediate success with the Billow.)

Ohms jumping typically is caused by loose deck screws not tightly holding the coil leads. That would definitely cause instant burning. Deck screws are commonly known to back out especially as coils are repeatedly heated and cooled. Make sure the deck screws are snug and none of the leads have broken.

You may simply have a defective unit. Have you tried removing the deck from the base as it shows in the manual? Maybe there is a torn o-ring or insulator that is causing your ohms to jump? I have not separated my deck and base so I have no idea what it looks like, but I plan to break into it the first time I rebuild it.

I hope you can figure it out. I am absolutely loving mine! When they become more widely available I'm going to buy another one. IMO they vape very similar to a Goblin but are so much better in every way!

Kelseyr561989

May 19, 2015
Oh no I'm not taking anything personally! I'm grateful for any help! Low as in your voltage is really low. I've tightened down the screws so many times to try and see why it's jumping and nothing... No wires touching anything either than what they are supposed to... It's baffling me. I ran and still run the version one billOw no problems whatsoever. .4 ohm build usually with "the dude" 30/70 pg/vg at 4.2 volts

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Oh no I'm not taking anything personally! I'm grateful for any help! Low as in your voltage is really low. I've tightened down the screws so many times to try and see why it's jumping and nothing... No wires touching anything either than what they are supposed to... It's baffling me. I ran and still run the version one billOw no problems whatsoever. .4 ohm build usually with "the dude" 30/70 pg/vg at 4.2 volts
If you don't notice anything odd under the deck than I'd contact eciggity and see about a replacement.

At 4.2 volts that's 40 watts, for me that would be a hot vape. It's perfect for me at 25 watts.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I've tried every way, at 25 watts on .4 ohms... That's incredibly low... Wicking this thing is a nightmare. I've done it exactly like the video, like a few people have described, ohms jumps constantly and it will work for a few pulls them burning or spit back again often both. So far I'm extremely dissapointed.

The key is to place the wick into the wick nooks but, while saturated, take the screwdriver and smush the wick so that the juice channels are not blocked whatsoever. But keep the wick in the nooks. Also make sure you're only using enough cotton to slide through the coils but have resistance. Enough resistance to almost tip your mod over. I don't know what else to tell yah. This is the best tank I've ever used, and I haven't gotten a dry hit once. Also, I had to tighten my screws to an uncomfortable level, I thought I was snapping my leads. Other than that, it's flawed in some form..

zerosm0ke

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Boulder, CO
Well, I received mine today. Just finished the build. Resistance seems stable, no jumping around or anything.
I like the looks, still vaping so the jury is out on that. I may need to go back and rewick with more cotton.

The feel seems a little off. Does anyone know what this is made of, besides glass of course? It doesn't quite feel as solid as my goblin or my STM.
More like a light, plated metal, kind of plasticy, if that's a word.

It is definitely an airy beast though. Time will tell. Running 25w on 6 wraps of 28ga at .6ohm with KGD.

So, just as I was about to hit the reply button I took a vape and there was a pop and it jumped from .6ohm to 1.2ohm, like I lost a coil or something.
I'm going to redo the whole build tomorrow and just take the goblin to bed.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I feel kind of guilty that my Billow V2 has been working flawlessly.

Light plated metal? Mine feels exactly like all my other tanks that are stainless steel. To me it feels more solid than my STM and much better built than my Goblins.

This completely. Love my Billow v2 and I actually thought to myself as soon as I held it: "wow, this feels pretty solid.". Lol

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
For those that are interested... here's a couple of pics of a Billow V2 base taken apart. Remove the 510 pin then grab the deck and unscrew it from the base. Wicked easy.

a19111bafff75c4a66c1c5cea63d36d6.jpg

1c3251725d2de8338c2c4a86dfa88fbb.jpg

598aeadfda0ef47d751e6c97b1f5aa5a.jpg

You can take the airflow control ring off but you will need to remove the black oring that's above it.

Last edited:

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I've been vaping the B2 all afternoon and evening. So far it's flawless, if you don't count the juice disappearing in clouds in a flash. 26ga, dual coil, 2.5mm @ .5ohms.
Wicked kinda a hybrid between the B1 and Goblin. Have the tails in that notch above the channel. Wicking nicely at 26 watts. The reassuring bubbles are seen after the draw.

Reactions: Btsmokincat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread