The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I thought something was funny and I'd share it on this thread. So I'm watching vapnfagan's YouTube review on the Zephyrus? CLEAROMIZER with the rba option and it was clear he wasn't impressed with it. I mean he showed all the parts and how the deck looked and how everything worked and I wasn't impressed with it. Another assurance that I made the right buy with the Billow V2. So I scroll down to the comments and there were so many people giving all these tips and stuff to work it so that vapnfagan might like it and he was just replying "I don't like it. It's not for me it's not for me " and one guy was like"the Zephyrus is the best RTA on the market right now hands down" or something like that so I replied like "uh, have you heard of the Billow V2?". It's just funny all these people trying to convince him that it's the bees knees and the one guy saying it's the "best RTA" when it's not even a true RTA.

Oh here's another Billow question. So mine came so the 510 pin is just almost flush with the threads when screwed all the way in. I'm not sure if they all come like that or if the 510 is adjustable.

Is the 510 pin adjustable? And do any of you guys use your Billow V2 on a hybrid mech mod?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I thought something was funny and I'd share it on this thread. So I'm watching vapnfagan's YouTube review on the Zephyrus? CLEAROMIZER with the rba option and it was clear he wasn't impressed with it. I mean he showed all the parts and how the deck looked and how everything worked and I wasn't impressed with it. Another assurance that I made the right buy with the Billow V2. So I scroll down to the comments and there were so many people giving all these tips and stuff to work it so that vapnfagan might like it and he was just replying "I don't like it. It's not for me it's not for me " and one guy was like"the Zephyrus is the best RTA on the market right now hands down" or something like that so I replied like "uh, have you heard of the Billow V2?". It's just funny all these people trying to convince him that it's the bees knees and the one guy saying it's the "best RTA" when it's not even a true RTA.

Oh here's another Billow question. So mine came so the 510 pin is just almost flush with the threads when screwed all the way in. I'm not sure if they all come like that or if the 510 is adjustable.

Is the 510 pin adjustable? And do any of you guys use your Billow V2 on a hybrid mech mod?

I use it on a tesla II mech mod with mosfet. The 510 should be adjustable. You can take the bottom section off and apart to verify or just try screwing it out some with a flat head screwdriver and see if it works.

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
there are a few sellers on ebay right now selling the Billow v2.
I ordered 3 Billow V2 yesterday from Gearbest with expedited shipping, did not realize it was a preorder. Thanks for the ebay info I had not checked them. I just Ordered 3 from one of those guys and emailed cancellation to Gearbest. I have used Gearbest before but wasn't really impressed, shipping can be slowww not to mention a preorder.

Reactions: gone3uo6

jcmcphail

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2014
Virginia Beach, Va
Been reading about the Billow V2 here and other reviews. I'm a flavor chaser and currently running Lemo, Lemo Drop, and Lemo 2. I usually keep 10 tanks loaded with different DIY juices. Lately been finding Lemos to be somewhat muted and a little finicky. I hope the Billow will fill my needs.

I have not used any dual coil tanks, currently run Macro 3mm coils 25ga kanthal 8 wraps 0.9-1.0ohm. Seems to be some question if that type coil will fit Billow V2 deck. Don't really want to subohm too much or high wattage, I still run some DNA30 devices and they don't like below 0.5-0.6ohm. Do you think I can work with this Billow V2 or did I just get some more drawer fillers. Sorry so long winded.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Been reading about the Billow V2 here and other reviews. I'm a flavor chaser and currently running Lemo, Lemo Drop, and Lemo 2. I usually keep 10 tanks loaded with different DIY juices. Lately been finding Lemos to be somewhat muted and a little finicky. I hope the Billow will fill my needs.

I have not used any dual coil tanks, currently run Macro 3mm coils 25ga kanthal 8 wraps 0.9-1.0ohm. Seems to be some question if that type coil will fit Billow V2 deck. Don't really want to subohm too much or high wattage, I still run some DNA30 devices and they don't like below 0.5-0.6ohm. Do you think I can work with this Billow V2 or did I just get some more drawer fillers. Sorry so long winded.

I don't know much about the Lemos but I know they were popular in their time for flavor and whatnot. (I thought the Lemo 2 was a dual coil deck?) Anyway, from what I understand dual coils generally produce more flavor than single coils. You won't have to run macro coils in the Billow V2 to stay around 1.0 ohm I think. You might just have to use a thinner gauge and smaller ID but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA

I use 11 wraps of 28 AWG, 3 mm ID, and there's not a whole lot of extra room but it does fit. I'd think 8 wraps of 25 AWG might fit if you get it in there just right. Length of 8 wraps should be no problem but width might be a problem with that thick of a wire. If it won't fit, I'd be happy to take the b2's so they don't languish in a drawer lol. I don't use or even have any coil wire that thick so I can't say for sure if it will fit or not.

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Anybody know where to get a steel tube to replace the glass tank? I broke mine pretty quickly, had a back up, and am ordering more glass, but would like to not worry. This tank is PERFECT, except I am in construction and need a tank that's dependable but not breakable, easily anyways. I know sometimes other companies come out with pieces for other tanks, or maybe another tank piece will work, I can switch? At this point I'd buy another tank to use only the steel tank piece lol. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Anybody know where to get a steel tube to replace the glass tank? I broke mine pretty quickly, had a back up, and am ordering more glass, but would like to not worry. This tank is PERFECT, except I am in construction and need a tank that's dependable but not breakable, easily anyways. I know sometimes other companies come out with pieces for other tanks, or maybe another tank piece will work, I can switch? At this point I'd buy another tank to use only the steel tank piece lol. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
I wonder if the 23mm steel tank from an erlkonigon would fit? (I know that's horribly spelled wrong but hopefully you know what RTA I'm talking about)

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
I wonder if the 23mm steel tank from an erlkonigon would fit? (I know that's horribly spelled wrong but hopefully you know what RTA I'm talking about)
Lol yea I know what ya mean. I have passed on trying to spell that one myself. I'll check some YouTube vids on the elky-deal. See if it would work. Would be awesome if so. Thanks!

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I'm still loving mine except I had another leak yesterday. I know that it was my fault but I just thought I'd mention it here. At least with how some of us wick it, you really can't have it on its side or at an angle for more than a few seconds I think. I had it out with my yesterday in my shorts pocket and it was just tilted at an angle as my pocket isn't big enough for it to fit completely horizontal. But the angle was great enough I guess for after a few minutes I reached inside my pocket to a juicy mess.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I've learned to take my time constructing the coils to get them to fire equally. And when ive done that, and wicked them, i'll tighten the screws thoroughly to ensure the coils continue to fire equally. Wicking using makes them a little loose and upsets the balance.

Trying not to completely bung up the juice channels, i'll trim the wicks and fiddle with them until i'm satisfied. It's only when i screw the chamber back on i'll worry that the wicks will get shifted about by it. So once that's on i'll use a paper clip and just tease them slightly through the top of the chamber.

All this makes a world of difference to vapour production. I can vape at 45 watts using two 26g, 6 wrap 2.5mm id coils ohm'ing in at 0.4 and get pretty substantial clouds.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I'm still loving mine except I had another leak yesterday. I know that it was my fault but I just thought I'd mention it here. At least with how some of us wick it, you really can't have it on its side or at an angle for more than a few seconds I think. I had it out with my yesterday in my shorts pocket and it was just tilted at an angle as my pocket isn't big enough for it to fit completely horizontal. But the angle was great enough I guess for after a few minutes I reached inside my pocket to a juicy mess.

Bummer. Close airflow control before putting in pocket. It's not a perfect air seal but it will help prevent leaks to some degree. I sat through movie last night for over two hours with it in my pocket, basically almost completely on its side, and luckily not a drop leaked.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Bummer. Close airflow control before putting in pocket. It's not a perfect air seal but it will help prevent leaks to some degree. I sat through movie last night for over two hours with it in my pocket, basically almost completely on its side, and luckily not a drop leaked.

You know it's funny, I was actually thinking about two things in your post last night. Firstly, I was contemplating if any sort of "seal" that may be achieved with the AFC ring closed would help mitigate leaking. Secondly, me and the wife were supposed to go to the movies as well and I was considering taking the Billow V2 with me in as opposed to a dripper but was wondering how would I keep the damn thing upright while in there. If we were to have gone I think I might have just stuck it in the cup holder of the theater seat :yawn:

Reactions: Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
You know it's funny, I was actually thinking about two things in your post last night. Firstly, I was contemplating if any sort of "seal" that may be achieved with the AFC ring closed would help mitigate leaking. Secondly, me and the wife were supposed to go to the movies as well and I was considering taking the Billow V2 with me in as opposed to a dripper but was wondering how would I keep the damn thing upright while in there. If we were to have gone I think I might have just stuck it in the cup holder of the theater seat :yawn:

Saw Jurrasic World. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. :)

Yes, closing the AFC ring will prevent a leak into the AFC, but won't prevent a leak into the chimney. Chimney remains open to atmosphere through the drip tip. It does help a lot though and will even if it does leak a little into the chimney, closing the AFC will keep juice out of your pocket.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same type of leak but it will definitely leak if any of the juice holes are no longer covered by the juice in the tank. It should not leak just because its tilted as long as none of the juice holes are exposed to the air bubble in the tank.

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Saw Jurrasic World. I won't spoil it if you haven't seen it. :)

Yes, closing the AFC ring will prevent a leak into the AFC, but won't prevent a leak into the chimney. Chimney remains open to atmosphere through the drip tip. It does help a lot though and will even if it does leak a little into the chimney, closing the AFC will keep juice out of your pocket.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same type of leak but it will definitely leak if any of the juice holes are no longer covered by the juice in the tank. It should not leak just because its tilted as long as none of the juice holes are exposed to the air bubble in the tank.
Whenever it leaks on me it's because liquid has leaked out of the airholes

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
I was thinking about making 1 on the lathe for the same reason--although I haven't broken mine yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread