The BoyCOTT Has Begun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
TTRP,

As it is now, the only 'safe' job is a gov't job. If you have one, don't quit, you are now an apparachik and soon you will be telling the rich people how much square footage in their big houses they will be allocated, while you move your friends into their rec room. lol.

some ones been reading a bit too much Ayn Rand lol ;) j/k no such thing as too much!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
some ones been reading a bit too much Ayn Rand lol ;) j/k no such thing as too much!

Actually I'm reading Marx again, and focusing on the methods and sequencing of transition... ;-) ...although 'We the Living' runs a good commentary on how it happened there. There's a poster in another forum that's tracking which chapter we are in, in 'Atlas Shrugged'. The naming and content of current legislation is eerily similar.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
I've worked for both UPS and as a seasonal worker for USPS and just based upon how packages are treated I would pick USPS over UPS any day of the week.
At PS I've seen peoples packages fall 30 feet off high belts after a package jam, packages on fire as they traveled across the hub on belts, packages thrown, drop kicked, smashed, broken open (i specifically remember a large box of adult toys broken open and traveling the entire hub til they all landed vibrating in the last trailer, and the amusement of the loaders as they tossed them at each other), computers thrown and dropped, the aforementioned walls not built correctly so the trailer overturned on the on ramp to the interstate...I used to joke that if you were going to send anything via ups pack it as best you can and then throw it at a brick wall from a car doing 60 MPH, if it survives...it might make it through UPS unscathed..
Compared to that the updates on tracking via USPS are nothing.

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
USPS has the ability to Track from start to finish but suppliers have to print a USPS SCAN form the Post Office just scans it in and it tracks all packages dropped off -- Problem is even I forget to print the darn form every now and then I remember but its the post offices that should be scanning each package in the SCAN FORM allows them to do them all at once.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
I can't believe everyones problem with UPS. Where I live UPS is king. USPS will get me my packages, although slow, there is no home delivery here and our post office isn't open on Saturdays, so if I can't make it to the P.O by 4:00 I get to wait another day if the package is too big to fit in the box.

UPS has always gotten my packages to me quickly and unharmed. Our local driver actually makes an effort to get to know who the people are on his route and how they prefer their packages delivered. If I get a failed delivery slip from UPS I can fill out the back of it requesting that the package simply be dropped without signature and leave it for the next day. Easy as pie.

Fed ex.. OMG.. I've had packages from them that look like they have been ran over. Sometimes they will actually attempt a delivery to the home, and if they are really lucky they will actually deliver it to a house on the same block as me, and whoever gets it will call or come by and give it to me. Normally they don't even attempt to deliver, they drop it off at the local post office and claim they can't find the address. If given any other choice I will not use fedex.

In my area, shipping goes UPS, USPS, Homing pigeon, dog or larger mammal with the package tied to it's back, then fedex.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
All delivery services have the human element envolved at some point. When that element is added things get screwed up. USPS tracking is a joke compared to UPS & FedEx.

I think most suppliers stick with USPS for the cheaper rates.

Bottom line, really doesn't matter which service you use as long as package is packed REALLY well, as stated earlier. When humans get their hands on it, the delivery will reflect the personal integrity of the individuals that it passes by as to how it will be treated.

I have personal knoweledge of UPS and the way they are PUSHED by management to deliver too many packages in the time they are allowed to deliver them in. So drivers are RUNNING! They will zip up your walk way and be dropping the package as they are pushing your doorbell as they are turning to dash back to their truck. If the drivers get all packages delivered without going into overtime, they are given more the next day. If they don't get them delivered and have to go into overtime they are yelled at for taking too long. Many drivers try their best, a good percentage have figured out how to milk the system and use their union reps to fight management and the pressure.

Just be thankful that overall the services, the greatest majority of packages do get delivered on time in reasonable condition. Again it is a reflection of the personal integrity of the individual humans that the package goes past.

Mr Sinister

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Illinois
I prefer USPS over UPS as well. I have never received a package from the postal service that was damaged. Their tracking has been okay, not great. Any package I have ever received from UPS looks like they played football with it, ran it over with the truck a couple times and then catapulted it to my doorstep, and then they run up and kick it again for good measure.

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
UPS is a steaming dung heap. It's rare to see so many employees who just don't give a crap. Absolutely horrible customer service, compounded with monumental incompetence.
About 7-8 years ago, I took a day off from work to wait for a computer monitor I had ordered online. It was supposed to be delivered that day, so I didn't leave once, for fear of getting the dreaded, 'We missed you note". I started getting worried and called UPS around 4PM to verify delivery would be that day, and was told it's on the truck and should be there no later then 6pm. At 5:30 I check the mail, and there's a note from UPS saying they missed me. My blood was boiling. But it gets worse. The next day I go to the depot to pick up the monitor, and these ...... can't find it. After almost 40 minutes, the idiots finally find my package. They wheel it around on a hand-truck (Big box for 19" monitor), and it's obviously been thru some warzone. Box was banged up pretty good, but no holes in it or really deep dents in the box, so I thought it might be ok, because of the heavy styrofoam packaging, and signed for it. Wheel it out to my car and as soon as I lift it up, I knew something was wrong. The entire bottom of the box, (which I couldn't see when it was sitting on the hand-truck), was smashed in, and there was a hole about as big as a fist, going all the way past the packaging to the monitor. I reach thru the hole and feel broken pieces of plastic. Blood starts to boil again. Wheel it back inside to return it, and they refused to take it, saying I had already signed for it, so now I had to deal with the seller.
To the best of my recollection, it was at that precise moment, my sanity just up and vacated the premises.

I can't really remember everything that was said, because I was so full of rage. But I do remember them threatening to call the cops, and me screaming that I wanted the cops. So you better call them. CALL THEM RIGHT @#$%ING NOW BECAUSE I'M NOT LEAVING. YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE??? WELL I WANT MY COMPUTER MONITOR, BUT YOU IDIOTS SMASHED IT. YOU WANT ME TO LEAVE, TAKE IT BACK.
"But sir you signed for it."
OF COURSE I SIGNED FOR IT ...... I COULDN'T SEE THAT THE BOTTOM OF THE PACKAGE HAD AN EIGHT INCH HOLE UNTIL I GOT IT TO MY CAR AND LIFTED IT, COULD I???
NOW ARE YOU GOING TO TAKE IT BACK? OR ARE YOU GOING TO CALL THE COPS? OR SHOULD I CALL THE COPS? BECAUSE I"M NOT LEAVING UNTIL YOU TAKE IT BACK.

It's also worth mentioning, that it was xmas time, so there was a lot of customers there, and not much was getting done since I was causing such a scene. Even other customers started saying they should just take it back. Then a group of 20 somethings waiting in line started chanting. "Take it back - take it back - take it back." A few others chimed in, and finally they decided, the only way to get rid of me was to take it back. So the Mgr comes over with some special form for returning a package after it's been signed for, (which was obviously for this exact type of situation). I blasted him for not getting out this form 20 minutes ago before this escalated to this level. He just grumbled something.

When I finally calmed down the next day, I wrote a very businesslike two page letter to their corp hq explaining what happened, and they replied with some ........ 3 sentence form letter apology. Also sent the same letter via e-mail, and got a similar standard BS e-mail in return. That just proves their complete lack of indifference towards customers. UPS is one of those companies that has gotten so big, they don't give a crap about the customer. So as far as I'm concerned, UPS as a whole, can go $@%* themselves. :mad: :grr:

Last edited:

Elokin6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2009
Miami
I've personally had MASSIVE problems with UPS. I've been told that my address doesn't exist after something has been shipped to me (my house has been here for 61 years). They won't leave things at my door even when I sign the "leave it at my freaking door" card". They leave small packages out on the part of my front porch that isn't covered rather than right in front of my door. They won't knock on the door for signature required packages even with a big sign on the screen door that says "DOORBELL BROKEN. PLEASE KNOCK". For some reason, they insist upon ringing the broken doorbell.

Fedex is ok. Expensive though.

I really prefer USPS. They've only completely lost a package of mine once, they're cheap, and the longest I've ever had to wait for a package shipped from the US is 4 days.

To each his own, I guess.

llcoolbeans

Nov 13, 2009
Tucson, AZ
LOL, USPS is not a business. A boycott of USPS will not make them get their act together. They will not go out of business if you boycott. They don't care if you are not satisfied with their service, they have no motivation to have better customer service.

If a supplier does not ship by any other method, you certainly have the right to take your business elsewhere, but is that a boycott? Not really, it's just the free market at work.

Generally, a supplier will ship by UPS or FedEx if you ask. The reason many suppliers use USPS is because it is cheaper, and it is cheaper because they sell their services for less than market value.

UPS and FedEx are real businesses and therefore offer a much higher quality product. Unfortunately, they must charge market value. If you choose to use UPS or FedEx I applaud you for paying a little more for better service.

Pyrate

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
UPS and FedEx are real businesses and therefore offer a much higher quality product. Unfortunately, they must charge market value. If you choose to use UPS or FedEx I applaud you for paying a little more for better service.

Yet they dont offer a higher quality product or better service. At least in the case of UPS.
I have never had anything damaged or go "missing" with USPS.
Cant say the same for UPS.
IMO UPS sucks!

If you like UPS thats fine, but it seems like you are the only person in this thread or that I know of that does.

Jayhawks

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
MO/KAN USA
midwestvapor.com
Ok all I worked as a carrier for USPS before I had my daughter..

The one thing everyone is failing to understand is USPS DOES NOT OFFER package tracking. They offer delivery confirmation and it works well. It shows the sender that your package has arrived . The fact that you can go to USPS and put in the confirmation # and see that it has made it from KC to xxx town and is on its way to the final destination is just a bonus.. I wish they would show anything until it was delivered, so that way no one can whine about tracking the package. If it was intended to track its every move like UPS then it would be called tracking confirmation number :p

I use USPS Priority and will continue to do so.. If you hate USPS then I think I seen dietsmokes has Ups.

Delivery Confirmation
Know when it got there with Delivery Confirmation™.
Verify delivery with Delivery Confirmation. Our low cost Delivery Confirmation service gives you the date, ZIP Code™ and time your article was delivered. If delivery was attempted you will get the date and time of attempted delivery. You can easily access this information with our Track & Confirm tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread