Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I like this tool....it is small....light... blonde friendly.........sweeeeet:D

However the cartomizers I ordered are the pre-punched micro hole tank design ones .....the device will not allow the larger flat circumference base into the hole... .. The micro hole on the pre-punched cartomizer is just too small for the more viscous juice I use and i need to punch the hole a wee bit larger........so blondie here needs to order the correct cartomizer which are long enough for a tank and would fit in the hole..... and those would be? :confused:

Last edited:

Nic-holio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
North Carolina
Just got a notification these were back in stock and ordered one.

BTW (since I didn't see this video review already posted in this thread), here's a good youtube of it in action (though the newer ones come with a handle rather than an alan wrench):

Carto Punch - YouTube

Thanks for carrying these and for the discount code!

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
I bought the C.O.V. carto punch tool. It works well for thin liquids, but for the heavy stuff, the holes it makes are too small. Looking at the "pin" used to punch the holes it looks way smaller than the "pin" I see on other vendors carto punch tools that are of a very similar design (block of milled aluminum with a set screw for the depth and the punch screw at 90 degrees in the same plane).

I tried 2 holes but it doesn't help (the bubbles form with too small a surface area so they don't "break off" on their own. I have to thwack the tank HARD to make the bubbles leave so the liquid can flow in.)

Does C.O.V. offer wider punch "pins" so I can get bigger holes ? Cause the liquids I vape the most are too thick for this as it is currently offered. It's becoming a $40 paper-weight.

AZCraig

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
The New Updated COV Carto Punch v2 is now in stock.
It's slimmer with all the functionality of the first one.
COV Carto Punch v2
punch.jpg

Harley

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
Yonder Way
Thanks !

I also had problems with AV's Boba's Bounty. It's 100% VG IIRC, so I kinda expected it to not work with a punched hole.

AZ,,, Sorry it has taken so long to get back to this. I have used Both Massive Choc. Mint and Boba's bounty.. I have had not issues with the juice wicking into the Carto... BUT i do a dry pull every so often to bring juice into the carto so this may be why i have had no issues, You may want to give it a try.. Just a couple sharp pulls thru the drip tip without firing it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread