The Darwin From Evolv!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
Ah to be handy! My x took two of mine apart to fix them and never finished. I have 4...Does Brandon still do repairs? I'm feeling quite nostalgic ;(
My Darwin doesn't work anymore either. It still turns on fine, but won't fire anything. It stopped working a few months after I had the battery replaced too. :(

volcano vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Irving, TX
Are they still doing battery replacements on the Darwins? Mine finally kicked the bucket and need the battery replaced. Also the screen is a little burned in, I wanted that repaired also but heard they will not do board or screen replacements. There was talk here about a new replacement board being manufactured for old Darwin out of warranty repairs but there was no update about it.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Hi all, looks like at least some of the old bunch around! I'm still a daily Darwin kinduva guy. I don't believe Brandon is doing anything more on Darwins. I'm just now hearing abt Drew, wow. Life is fragile. I'm still mixing, thanks Ski for steering me in that direction.

I was scraping up old usernames/PW to move to a differnet PC, and thought I would drop in.

I have what must be the toughest Darwin in the world. It's one of the second-gen bluescreens. Through fault of no one but myself, it got left in pants, and went through the washer. Wash. Rinse. Spin. Not discovered until the next day.

Completely dead, but in desperation I put it in a ziploc of rice. Next day, nothing, fresh rice. Two days later still dead, nothing after overnight on the charger. It went into the vaping Museum Of Things Past. Er, I mean the drawer.

Months later, saw it, spun it up, lo and behold, it lit up! Charged to a full charge. With the original battery it's now down to a lowly 12 hours a day, but dang, I still like it. Tubes roll away. 18350s can be a pain. I love that I can fold the stem and safely sit on it in my hip pocket.

I got a vaporshark dna-40 recently, very cool stuff. I don't personally get into the 'personal steam engine' of 90/10 VG/distilled water, but whatever keeps us from smoking.

Edit: dang, no HTML in a sig? harrumph. I can paste a static pic, anyway...

1305642600_30_1_USD_5.00_light.png

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
nano! Hi hi hi! Good to see you (and yes, I owe you a PM reply...... soon!).

I'm not sure what all Brandon is doing with D'wins (if anything) at this point, so I think we're all in the mystery. Mine thankfully is still cranking out it's lovely watts and behaving like the sweet child it always was. It's not in daily rotation anymore, but it's not a device I would ever give up.

I think it's called First Love. :wub:

You washed and dried yours??? :shock: Amazing that it still kicks! :D

I'm sure the news about Drew hit you hard as it did all of us. RIP, Drew.

Glad you mentioned the Ski-ster. I'm sure he's happily zipping down the slopes somewhere, but I do miss him, too.

We had quite the gang, did we not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread