Status
Not open for further replies.

NebulaBrot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2010
in the NEBULA
What fits the Darwin? I used my and then was finally able to fully quit, but want to give it to my girlfriend and all my atomizers and juice are almost 2 years old now and I want to give her something fresh.

What should I get to go on my Darwin that is working well now?? I have to nearly start fresh and it's been years since I been here!\

Thank you,
I agree with Retired for the most part, but I prefer the Boge 801 cartos. Darwin will handle anything (with correct adapters). Vaping is 100% subjective to personal preference. If your GF is new to vaping, you might consider starting her on gear that is super easy to use like T3 or Evod clearomizers. Those two models are both bottom coils, easy to replace the coil assembly and easy to refill. Some people prefer the top coil versions like the CE line (CE2, 3, 4,5). I do not care for top coils but I hear the higher numbers are the newer versions and may perform better.

Like juices - coils, cartos, tanks, etc are all a matter of personal preference. I'd say just start her on something easy to use and she can try other models over time and find HER preferences.

murf43143

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
Savannah, Georgia
The Boge 801's are what is on both of my Darwins.

Thank's to all above for the comments and suggestions. I am going to pick up some of these Boge 801's and I suppose an adapter if I need one as well some some new juice. Anything else you can recommend for this?

* Actually, do I need an adapter for my Darwin to use the Boge 801's? I am about to order but I will wait until I can get verification. If so, do I need the 510 > 801?

I believe the Darwin is a natural 510 but I can't remember.

Also, what volts are you guys using with the 801 and the Darwin? Thanks again!

Last edited:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yep, you'll need a 510 to 801 adapter to use the 801 cartos. As for what volts, well it's gonna vary based on your personal taste and the resistance of the carto. Like with anything else, just pick a good starting place (7-8 watts is a good place to begin) and adjust up or down to suit your preference from there

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I suggest you get standard resistance ohms. These days most atomizing devices are sold with a selection of ohm's to choose from. Higher resistance is great for Darwin and means longer time between charging. As you may remember, there is no need for a low resistance atty/carto on a Darwin since one monitors the vape via watts.

I've used all kinds of "toppers" on my Darwin. I often just use carto-tanks on it and just leave it on, for home use, when I'm not dripping with it.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
photo.JPG
Took a cool pick of 3 different colored darwins at ECC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnysb

Moved On
Sep 25, 2013
San Jose, CA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Linkspammer

thewomenfolk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Colorado John 3:16
I really need an email address to someone who can replace a Darwin battery and fix a Darwin that was dropped in water. I tried emailing Nhaler but don't think the email went through, it just took me to a blank Web page when I pushed the submit button. I'm getting desperate for an email address to get these problems resolved as these 2 Darwins belong to people who are not happy at all to not have their Darwins in useable shape. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me.

Credo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2011
MS
I really need an email address to someone who can replace a Darwin battery and fix a Darwin that was dropped in water. I tried emailing Nhaler but don't think the email went through, it just took me to a blank Web page when I pushed the submit button. I'm getting desperate for an email address to get these problems resolved as these 2 Darwins belong to people who are not happy at all to not have their Darwins in useable shape. Thanks to anyone who may be able to help me.

I'm also looking into getting mine refurbished (it overcharges or something now).
I was advised by Evolv to consider waiting a few weeks...could be something special on the way for the Darwin chassis ;)

Red Dog

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Massachusetts
www.facebook.com
I'm also looking into getting mine refurbished (it overcharges or something now).
I was advised by Evolv to consider waiting a few weeks...could be something special on the way for the Darwin chassis ;)

I was just told the same thing when I emailed Brandon yesterday. My Darwin stopped working last night, just reads 12.9v 0.0A 0.0Ω when I hit the button. Guess I'll be vaping my Super T Precise for the next few weeks... hard going back to 3.7v when I've been using my Darwin for the last 2.5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread