Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
ECF Members;

The ECF Troubleshooting Guide has been revised with added tips and was created to help both new and old members find and correct problems which may arrive using your E-Cigs. This is a downloadable file that you can download, and have in your computer for future reference. This is a .PDF file and consists of four (4) pages. It covers factory recommendations, how to use a digital multimeter, troubleshooting information and e-liquid tips and information. Simply click on the link, click on “Save" and save it to your computer. The file has been scanned, and is virus free. Good luck, and happy vaping.

Attachments

• E-cig Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3.pdf
    192.5 KB · Views: 4,755
Last edited:

mrchrees

Aug 12, 2009
I bought an e cig from a company in the uk called miniciggy.com. Although I'm very happy with it I've had problems with the batteries. In 2 weeks I've gone through 5 batteries. I get a new one, charge it up and it works fine. Then for some reason it stops vaporising. The LED still lights up when you draw on it and the charger light is green indicating the battery is fully charged. I have 3 chargers and 2 atomisers so it can't be any of those.
Why does this keep happening. The company just offers to replace them but it doesn't solve the problem. My latest battery stopped working after I put it on charge before it was empty. Could this be the problem? Do these batteries have a cut out switch? If so can I reset them in some way? Help

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I bought an e cig from a company in the uk called miniciggy.com. Although I'm very happy with it I've had problems with the batteries. In 2 weeks I've gone through 5 batteries. I get a new one, charge it up and it works fine. Then for some reason it stops vaporising. The LED still lights up when you draw on it and the charger light is green indicating the battery is fully charged. I have 3 chargers and 2 atomisers so it can't be any of those.
Why does this keep happening. The company just offers to replace them but it doesn't solve the problem. My latest battery stopped working after I put it on charge before it was empty. Could this be the problem? Do these batteries have a cut out switch? If so can I reset them in some way? Help

Download the troubleshooting file, and use the step by step guide. You may want to print it to make it easier. If you still have problems, or don't understand something, jump back in here, and we'll do our best to get you on the right track.
Cheers;
jd

Cecelia

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2009
USA, Georgia

Having same problem with 901 batteries. Lost 5 in 6 days.
Did you ever figure out problem?

Superstargoddess

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Very helpful, it helped with the problem that I was having. It seemed that I had to drag terribly hard and wasn't getting much vapor after only 3 days of having this new PV. Cleaning with Alcohol helped a good bit, and I think that right now it is just repriming itself from being cleaned. If I have more problems, I will try the more extreme measures or ask a question. Thanks!

madesigns94

Sep 20, 2009
Hello there, maybe you can help me!! I just purchased my first e-cig, it is from a company called OMG. after charging the bats i put on a new cart and the first two puffs were ok with good throat hit and good vapor, after that I would get harsh throat hits and no visible vapor and other times I would get good vapor and no throat hit and other times I would get this disgusting burnt flavor and this is all within the first 2 through 15 puffs.
So I did some research and bought a 510 titan from wicked and I am having the same problems. So I tried dripping, I tried topping off the cart . I just cant seem to get consistent vapor out of either one of them.
I would greatly appreciate your advice as I want to quit smoking, but it will not work for me unless I can produce a consistent vapor to get me by. Thank You in advance,
Mark Z.

allgoodnamestaken

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
United States
ECF Members;

The ECF Troubleshooting Guide has been revised with added tips and was created to help both new and old members find and correct problems which may arrive using your E-Cigs. This is a downloadable file that you can download, and have in your computer for future reference. This is a .PDF file and consists of four (4) pages. It covers factory recommendations, how to use a digital multimeter, troubleshooting information and e-liquid tips and information. Simply click on the link, click on “Save" and save it to your computer. The file has been scanned, and is virus free. Good luck, and happy vaping.

View attachment 3997

It says in the guide to wait 3 minutes between drags. Really? Did I read that correctly?

breecee

Dec 5, 2009
South Jersey
Hi! You seem like you must be the 'battery' expert. I use vapor4life and I'm happy with the product. However, I seem to go through batteries like crazy. This style is the two part .... battery and cartomizer. The 'vapor lock' batteries seem to get tough to draw on after a few uses. I tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol and 'blowing' through the battery, but it just won't budge.

I recently began using the manual batteries. My newest one is a 'supersize' that was lasting all day long. It was terrific! However, for some reason once I attach any cartomizer, it blinks when I push the button as though it's running low on power. When I remove the cartomizer, the light stays on when I push the button. I found that the first few times just plugging it back in the the charger for a few minutes would fix the problem. However, that has stopped working and I'm back down to one manual battery, two mini's (that I have to pull up the contacts after every use) and a regular battery with virtually no draw. HELP!
Thanks!
Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread