The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

DIY Getting started cheat sheet - good information gathered from ECF

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Marc411, Sep 1, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks much:) I lot of info in one spot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Marc411

Marc411 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    My pleasure Fran. It's all information supplied by ECF members, I just plagiarize it into one workbook ;)

• Like Like x 4
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Makes the info easy to find if you're looking for something:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Added Flavour Art and Inawera

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. HipGnosis

HipGnosis Full Member

May 15, 2015
    Wisc
    How do you clean eJuice bottles to use them for DIY?

• Like Like x 2
  6. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @Ethan diy Check this out. Lots of great info all in one place thanks to @Marc411 !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member

Supporting member
    Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @HipGnosis Two comments up in the download, start here:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Possum64

Possum64 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    @Marc411 Many thanks for all the time you have put in to this workbook. It is a wonderful resource you have created!
    Catherine

• Like Like x 3
  11. brooksva

brooksva Full Member

Feb 18, 2018
    Super awesome information on this thread, much appreciated! Seems longer but 6 months today smoke free and most of that time I have honed rebuilding factory coils until I have a winner with 26 gauge ss, around 8 wraps gives me .7 ohms. I just got a fastech order from stuff I ordered the first week of May to keep that going for probably years. I'm now ready to pull the trigger on DIY liquid. Tired of spending big bucks on liquid and then most often, it's color is all wrong and I'm doing things like leaving it a hot car or wrapping them in a heating pad to try to speed steep them, I might as well make my own. I see nic river has a kit for 50 bucks and has like a thousand different flavors but strangely enough, many of the recipes I see call for flavors they don't have. Much like my experience with finding "the one coil", I think juice will be the same for me whereas I will look only for "the one". This is currently anarchist pink lemonade and that is pretty much what I want to make although I haven't found a recipe of someone trying to emulate it. All that said, is the nic river kit option still the way I should go? The link with all the PDF with all the flavors in here is very exciting, just looking for an opinion other than my own inexperienced one. Any advice/direction would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Usually recipes have such a varied use of flavors that do not come from just one vendor. A good flavor shop BullCityFlavors carries a lot of different vendors flavorings but not all the vendors that are out there. More often than not Ecigexpress does the same but carries some of the vendors the BullVity does not. Another good one in Alltheflavors carries lots of options of flavors.
    So as you can see it is not size fits all.
    Lots of mixers like to combine 2 different vendor flavors that have the same flavor. Each one offers something a little different in how they taste. So combining 2 flavors in 1 recipe helps the mixer to have a fuller, more rounded taste than just using one or the other.

HTH

:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marc411

Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    Added All The Flavors on the vendors page

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 21, 2015
    If you're located in the US...I'll send you a small sample bottle of Pink Lemonade flavoring from OSDIYShop. It's one of their own proprietary "One Stop Flavors". With it...all you have to do is add about 5% to your own plain PG, plain VG, and nic base...and you've got a finished mix. Their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends are already a combination of flavorings, so you don't need to add others to it, unless maybe you want a little sweeter Pink Lemonade. Then I'd add only a drop or 2 of TFA Sweetener or CAP Super Sweet...if needed at all. Just PM me your address, if you're in the US, and I'll get it sent this coming week.

About ordering a kit - Many who have been DIYing for awhile usually do not recommend them, unless you're pretty sure you'll use everything that comes in the kit. Otherwise, you're still paying for some of those supplies, even though you won't use them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. asmcriminal

asmcriminal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    cali
    "Weight of pure nicotine" should be changed. Is that in PG or VG? The units are g/ml which is density. Pure nicotine would be in grams or mg. Maybe it should say "Density of pure nicotine." I don't know what was trying to be achieved.

16. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    The operative word here is weight....these numbers are for specific gravity(SG) and are input into a calculator so that when you mix by weight not by volume, the calculator knows how many grams to calculate for the weight of pg/vg. Flavors are usually just considered to weigh 1 gram as most flavor makers don't always suppley the SG info(some do, some do not).
    Since no diyer ever uses Pure Nicotine I am sure the author placed it there as a reference point to the rest of the chart.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. asmcriminal

asmcriminal Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    cali
    The issue is that it is in this format.
    Weight of pure nicotine 1.01 g/ml

g/ml is density. Not weight.