DIY Getting started cheat sheet - good information gathered from ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I say water bath rather than speed steep but I have found that using less flavoring in a DIY mix I get much more flavor than I had before. My last mix was a Turkish tobacco steeped at 130 F for six hours using less flavoring than I had previously. Very easy to tell it was a stronger flavor. I'm comparing this to a Turkish mixture that was mixed and put into a fridg. Maybe left in there a few months. At this time I'm amazed at the results, I should try both methods in the future.
I don't do tobacco anymore (funny considering that is how I started vaping) other than the occasional RY4. The only things I put in the fridge are my real flavors super concentrate flavorings (the owner said 12-18 month shelf life, or 3 - 4 years if stored in the fridge) since I have so many (and they go a long ways at 3.5% flavoring per recipe), and the bulk of my 100mg/ml nic in the freezer obv. A fridge would likely slow down the steeping process of a mixed juice I would think. All my mixed juices go in a cabinet in my Michigan cement block basement which stays a nice cool temp all year long.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
My pleasure Opinionated, I just gather all the links and most of the members here did the work.

Hopefully it will help people out when they are debating whether or not to start DIY. It will give them a good starting point on consolidated information.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Real Flavors have changed their site. Link broken for SCs. Perhaps just link to front page= realflavors.com- It has a graphic menu making concentrates easy to find.

Thanks ilporcupine, link updated

Attachments

• DIY information.pdf
    512.4 KB · Views: 47

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Untitled-1.png

And I didn't notice until just now, congrats at getting off of smokes. 3 days is a great start and it will get easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread