The eGo/Echo Kuwako Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I'm thinking my Echo cartos may last me a long long time using the Kuwako. When they are plugged and need cleaning it is almost like using a regular tobacco pipe where you have to make several puffs to get it going before you get a good hit. I find myself plugging the top of the bowl with my fingers like I would on a regular pipe to get it to fire but of course it doesn't make a difference only the feel. I also don't have to constantly use a cig lighter to get it going and don't miss that habit. If I was vaping like using a cigarette it would be frustrating and it would be in the (to be cleaned someday bag) of course I have another PV close at hand if I want a quick hit or more nic. lol;)

Last edited:

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I'm thinking my Echo cartos may last me a long long time using the Kuwako. When they are plugged and need cleaning it is almost like using a regular tobacco pipe where you have to make several puffs to get it going before you get a good hit. I find myself plugging the top of the bowl with my fingers like I would on a regular pipe to get it to fire but of course it doesn't make a difference only the feel. I also don't have to constantly use a cig lighter to get it going and don't miss that habit. If I was vaping like using a cigarette it would be frustrating and it would be in the (to be cleaned someday bag) of course I have another PV close at hand if I want a quick hit or more nic. lol;)

It's not a bad way. I've been hitting it like that for awhile. The auto bat lets you stoke on it and the coil seems to respond by progressively getting warmer. This type of draw would be impossible with a manual battery. Interested to see too if the echo-e is better on an auto battery like the regular 808 echos. Do you have any or did you order any echo-es?

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Thanks for the stock update guys. I'm liking my Kuwako more everyday. Last weekend my wife & I went to the coast & hung out on the pier. Carrying a "pipe" just felt right. Nobody gave it a second glance like I often get when carrying other PV's in public.

BTW - earlier in this thread somebody mentioned their Kuwako having a "loose" fit on the battery. I have noticed that different eGo style batteries can have slight variations in diameter. My 650mah with a black rubberized finish fits nice & snug. But my 900mah with a chrome finish is slightly loose. So even a coat of paint can make a difference.

What I had done, was fold a piece of e-tape over the bottom of the opening. Made things nice and snug. But I've taken it off now for my echo stealth. The rubberized finish looks and fits better in the kuwako and nothing can obstruct the pin hole as long as it's in the kuwako.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
It's not a bad way. I've been hitting it like that for awhile. The auto bat lets you stoke on it and the coil seems to respond by progressively getting warmer. This type of draw would be impossible with a manual battery. Interested to see too if the echo-e is better on an auto battery like the regular 808 echos. Do you have any or did you order any echo-es?

Yeah I have a couple of echo-e's around here somewhere.lol I've really got to get myself organized being as my stock keeps growing and growing! I'll let you know how it works when I get my batt.

DSL

Jun 13, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Hey JJ I ordered a 1100 510 sealed auto from Victoria at VaporGirl and will let you know how it works in a few days. Lots of colors and Good prices . 14.25 with ecf5 code Ego Automatic 1100 Battery
:2cool:

Did you order the pink one to go with your Kuwako? LOL! Wish they were 650, I like using the smaller auto ego. Do let us know your impressions. I'm just happy more autos are becoming available in the Ego. FYI, I'm enjoying my "LF" auto 510 Egos (650). Works great with the Echo-E cartos...both regular and dual coils. No problems after a few weeks of daily use.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
My World Vaping Day gift is here! Love it!

Show off time ;) Here's Kuwako with VS 'vGo' 1000mAh Auto + iGo cartos

Photo Mar 22, 9 57 47 PM.jpg

I found Echo 1300 is too long for my own comfort, how about on Echo 650? Is it too short? Currently I found my setup is a bit long too.

If 650 is not too short, I am thinking about getting eGo 650, but AFAIK eGo is 3.4v and does it has something in comparison with Echo/iGo cartos?

Well, that's all for now. Now... tobacco pipe juice hunting time :vapor:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Did you order the pink one to go with your Kuwako? LOL! Wish they were 650, I like using the smaller auto ego. Do let us know your impressions. I'm just happy more autos are becoming available in the Ego. FYI, I'm enjoying my "LF" auto 510 Egos (650). Works great with the Echo-E cartos...both regular and dual coils. No problems after a few weeks of daily use.

lol nope no pink for me. I got the chrome.

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Looks nice Clovehunter! It looks about the same length as the Echo 1300. I know my ego manual 1000 is exactly the same length.

Thanks TX!
It's a tiny bit shorter than Echo 1300, probably because my 1000 is auto (shorter ring - without button)

How's the auto 1100 ego? Got yours already?

hangin1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2010
central illinois
Well I got my Kuwako today and I must say it looks great with my echo 1300 mah auto battery. It is a little longer than I thought it would be with the battery attached but it will grow on me. I think it will slowly become my travel PV as I think it will be less noticiable than the lava tube I was currently taking everywhere with me. Hope all have a great week!!

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Well I got my Kuwako today and I must say it looks great with my echo 1300 mah auto battery. It is a little longer than I thought it would be with the battery attached but it will grow on me. I think it will slowly become my travel PV as I think it will be less noticiable than the lava tube I was currently taking everywhere with me. Hope all have a great week!!

Welcome to the Echo Kuwako vaping club. :thumbs:
Make sure it is pushed in all the way. If you use the 801 whistle tips you can boil them and then bend them. It is a little more comfortable to hold for hands free vaping, at least it is for me.
:2cool:

LFC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
NC
Hangin, quick question, I see you ordered yours on Monday the 19th, which shipping method did you choose and did you receive a 'dispatched' notification? Curious as I placed an order on Wednesday and haven't heard anything since... I picked standard post as I figured I wasn't that far from their location.

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Hangin, quick question, I see you ordered yours on Monday the 19th, which shipping method did you choose and did you receive a 'dispatched' notification? Curious as I placed an order on Wednesday and haven't heard anything since... I picked standard post as I figured I wasn't that far from their location.

I think hangin1 and I order at the same time, Mon 19th, 4:49PM (first order notification mail).
Since I live on the same state, I use standard post ($2.00).
Received 'Shipped' notification on Tue 20th, 5:42PM - no tracking number.
Arrived Thu 22nd, around 2pm.

So yeah, you probably want to contact them to ask about the shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread