The end of the Provari??? 95% WA state tax!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: More political finger pointing

bosun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
in between the ice ages
Perhaps ProVapes could keep their manufacturing facility in Washington but move their sales department to another state? Idaho? I'm not too sure about Oregon. That would minimize impact on some of the employees. Of course, I myself would just say "Pack it all up, we're moving to Idaho and Washington can pack its taxes (and loss of income due to our leaving) in its ear!" Any vapers in Washington should still be able to buy online, until they make that illegal. Then you have to get caught to be guilty...

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Lol I'm not a verbal abuser, I just think it’s amusing to watch how far people go to prove that thier side of the argument is right, no matter how pointless the topic.

I mean what is the point of proving that your right, when the person you’re trying to prove it to thinks you’re wrong?

Like for example IMO a ProVari is just an extremely overpriced Vamo, but if I argued that to someone who thinks that the ProVari is the "Best mod ever" the argument would never go anywhere.

We could literally argue all day about the Provari, and at the end of the day I'll still think it's a overpriced vamo and the other person will still think that it’s "The best mod ever". So what was the point of wasting all that time and effort on an argument THAT CHANGES NOTHING?

Am I the only one that finds that amusing? lol

I find it extremely amusing when someone repeatedly writes argumentative posts about the futility of arguing. Keep it up. :toast:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Wait, I think their calculations are incorrect in another area as well.

Didn't a recent study show that it takes 5 minutes of vaping 50mg e-liquid in order to get the same nicotine levels as smoking a cigarette? Five minutes of steady vaping - that would be what? A milliliter?

These buffoons are saying that 15ml of 12mg is equal to three packs of cigarettes?

LEDBETTER122

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Alabama
I find it extremely amusing when someone repeatedly writes argumentative posts about the futility of arguing. Keep it up. :toast:

I also find it amusing when people have no sense of reading comprehension.

I didn't say arguing was futile, I just said it's futile to argue to someone that you’re right when that person thinks you’re wrong.

:toast:

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
It has NOT passed yet. It passed committee. This original percentage is not what is proposed now. I believe it's at .08 per mg.
I heard that the bill passed already. I believe It passed with a 75% tax....not much better than 95%. I also believe anyone ordering online is subject to this tax. MBV the cheapest e-juice available will instantly become the most expensive. I can't imagine any WA state vendors can survive this tax hike. What worries me the most is how long till other states follow in their foot steps. This is just terrible....our government just sucks.

SO..... THEY need to be FLOODED TODAY WITH RESPONSES. maybe they vote tomorrow?

Last edited:
I believe the true force behind this would have to be big tobacco corporations. We have all seen over the years how the tobacco companies have paid their way across Washington DC to have their way done in the law-making process. If someone messes with their money they try and exterminate that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Will wonders never cease! Washington vaping businesses have at long last drug their heads out of the sand and their targeted butts out of the air to form a trade association. The bad news is that appears as though the lobbyist has found something in the bill that is worse than we thought. :(

This article gets the vapers' side of the story out and it is in a publication geared towards Washington state legislators. It is the type of press that a trade association which can hire professional public relations and lobbying firms can generate, As Vapers Organize, Legislature Scrambles to Impose New E-Cig Tax – ‘Compromise’ Proposal Even Higher Than the Original - Plan Emerging in House Would Quadruple Price of ‘Vaping’ – Could Snuff Fast-Growing Smoking Alternative

An early proposal would have imposed a 95 percent tax. Now, in a bid to pick up votes, a new proposal being floated in the 2014 Legislature’s final days aims to cut that in half. But in the rush to draft a bill it appears that sponsors missed a key detail – and instead of cutting the proposed tax, they tripled it.

“I think clearly it shows they don’t understand the industry,” says lobbyist Stu Halsan, who represents the newly formed Washington Vapes trade association – an organization of vape-shop owners and manufacturers formed in frantic haste in recent weeks when it became clear lawmakers would attempt some sort of move against the business.
Should lawmakers impose a tax so punitive that it would wipe out the business just as it is taking hold? A business that seems to be accomplishing what generations of government anti-smoking campaigns have not? These are the kinds of questions that shouldn’t be decided in a rush, says state Rep. .... Muri, R-Steilacoom, one of the Legislature’s biggest vape-biz boosters.
Then there’s the fact that no one has demonstrated harm. Muri, who appeared at the rally, says that as a member of the Pierce County Board of Health he initially wanted to regulate vaping out of business, but he had second thoughts when he began researching the issue. Nicotine is perhaps a little more harmful than caffeine, he says – which is to say, not very. “Smoking itself has been a huge harm to society; the nicotine was never the thing that was harmful. I’ve seen some analyses that say vaping is less than 1 percent of the harm of cigarette smoking. We need to promote it, to get people to quit the really bad habit, which is smoking.”

There is a bit of the protect the children drivel but is well worth clicking through to read the entire story.

Along with indoorsmokers YouTube: Tuesday Topic: Anti Vaping Legislation & A CALL TO ACTION! | IndoorSmokers - YouTube

I posted ine monday: (not so elegant, much longer, okay, I'm new, but tons more info): Washington State Tax Proposal, Editorial, HELP Keep E cigs a Viable Alternative - YouTube

Note: don't be scared

So, I feel I contribute somewhat

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
  • Deleted by retired1

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
Lol I'm not a verbal abuser, I just think it’s amusing to watch how far people go to prove that thier side of the argument is right, no matter how pointless the topic.

I mean what is the point of proving that your right, when the person you’re trying to prove it to thinks you’re wrong?

Like for example IMO a ProVari is just an extremely overpriced Vamo, but if I argued that to someone who thinks that the ProVari is the "Best mod ever" the argument would never go anywhere.

We could literally argue all day about the Provari, and at the end of the day I'll still think it's a overpriced vamo and the other person will still think that it’s "The best mod ever". So what was the point of wasting all that time and effort on an argument THAT CHANGES NOTHING?

Am I the only one that finds that amusing? lol

Your treading on treacherous territory sir. I don't want this thread to become a Provari VS. (blank)
I ​KNOW my provari is worth it

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread