The famous MrKrinkle's method, now with mesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

NexPax

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Salzburg
I followed the usal oxidizing process but instead water I used PG to quench the mesh (5 times) and the mouthpiece should not touch the mesh.

And I think is easier if the R wire / NR wire joints are on the ceramic channels and not under the mesh.

What's the benefit of using PG instead of water, Ariel?

cardboardcutout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
scotland
tank finished :D

The best pictures I could take with this old cell phone:

3142yb4.jpg

wgqdeb.jpg

As you can see it is a mesh tube, the first one I used was the same but with the ends flattened -the scissor did that-, I think it worked better with the ends pinched, I have to try also without the center hole (solid mesh)

how does the juice get to the wick ? i thought their would need to be wick to feed the wick at the coil.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
The channels themselves feed the juice to the wick or mesh elimanting the need for long wick.... and the wick itself blocks the channels from over flooding down into the center pin.... this means that there is less fiddling with juice control because it only needs a little to saturate the wick.... The typical movement of vaping and fluid dynamics along with the laws of gravity all make the short wick possible....

Last edited:

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
First of all kudos to Mr. Krinkle for his research on this topic and to Ariel for adapting(i.e. trying it out) this with mesh. I already gave up mesh inside the Odysseus and now I am happily vaping my DripMode Ody on a Bottomfeeder and a mesh roll! :)

I am going to try this in my BigMode Ody as soon as I need to change coil there next time.

IMG_2123.jpg

Last edited:

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
First of all kudos to Mr. Krinkle for his research on this topic and to Ariel for adapting(i.e. trying it out) this with mesh. I already gave up mesh inside the Odysseus and now I am happily vaping my DripMode Ody on a Bottomfeeder and a mesh roll! :)

I am going to try this in my BigMode Ody as soon as I need to change coil there next time.

View attachment 97121

If that's a Woodvil, colour me impressed. After using the Ody, I can't even enjoy my Woodvil with Cartos or China Atomizers anymore. I'm not even trying to sound pretentious, it literally doesn't taste good to me anymore. I just need a rebuildable core piece to get my Drip Mode working on my Woodvil and I'll be a happy camper for sure.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
That is a Woodvil in Cocobolo. It is dark wood but its not that dark as it appears on that picture. When I first got my Odysseus I thought I would never use the DripTip mode but now that I tried it I know that it is a great thing to have, I use it for experimenting with coils, testing juice, on work on my Reo and sometimes in my UFS.
I am sure you will be amazed once you tried it!

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
I tried something different today. A combo of Ody wick and 400 SS mesh just on the coil. I used 0.16mm Nichrome resistance wire and 0.20mm Nickel Non-resistance wire. I made my coil and metered out to 1.9ohm before wrapping it I then assembled every thing and when I was finished metered again and it came out to 0.9ohm. Actually was a good vape with good wicking of the juice and great flavor.
Took some pictures for you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread