The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Maybe we all have to get our orders in before the new 25% tax tariff starts in August 24th? I think it was the 24th?
Do you remember where your heard/read that? And if true why are they holding up ecig stuff now?

Thanks
:)

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Do you remember where your heard/read that? And if true why are they holding up ecig stuff now?

Thanks
I read it this morning on Facebook I can’t remeber who though sorry, but they did mention P. Busurdo commenting on it. Right now it’s probably just the international mail thing, sometimes it’s slow other times surprisingly fast.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I read it this morning on Facebook I can’t remeber who though sorry, but they did mention P. Busurdo commenting on it. Right now it’s probably just the international mail thing, sometimes it’s slow other times surprisingly fast.
I don't do FB, or listen to P. Busurdo.....but thanks for the info.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
So I haven’t been closely following the tariff situation with FT, but is it still “safe” to order from FT - at least before the 24th? I’ll get my cart ordered if it is....

Don't know for sure yet. That will probably take someone getting something after the 24th.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
So I haven’t been closely following the tariff situation with FT, but is it still “safe” to order from FT - at least before the 24th? I’ll get my cart ordered if it is....

I think you'll find it will always be safe to order from FT or any other Chinese retailer after the tariffs take effect. Importation tariffs should only apply to vape stores and other businesses that buy in retail quantities. Importation for personal use is exempt and in the US you guys have very generous allowances when you purchase internationally. The last number I saw was up to $800 can be spent duty and tariff free and as long as you are an individual (not a registered business).

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
01hz.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
While looking around to see if tariffs are actually on ecigs (they are mentioned but no rates given so I think they may be just counting, nicotine however is a different story) I found this.
I think we're pretty safe, although I think the $2000 limit is technically per year. But there does seem to be a bit of "we do what we want, you're at our mercy" to it.
Internet Purchases | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I just put in another order that will probably be right around the 24th,so i'll see how it goes,but i don't expect any issues.
Yeah, I have some stuff I would like to get myself, but unsure because I still have not received my last order. I just checked track 17 and at least the package isn't stuck on the conveyor belt any longer as the last update was 8/6/18. Maybe it really did get on a plane this time. LOL

I was reading some of FT's forum posts and they all are saying that another sale will be around the 15th, but that info is coming from FT's customers not FT.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
While looking around to see if tariffs are actually on ecigs (they are mentioned but not rates given so I think they may be just counting, nicotine however is a different story) I found this.
I think we're pretty safe, although I think the $2000 limit is technically per year. But there does seem to be a bit of "we do what we want, you're at our mercy" to it.
Internet Purchases | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Technically, they always can do whatever they like so things are not likely going to change with new tariffs slapped on vapes. If you're an individual you have lots of leeway provided you are not trying to import something that is outright illegal.

Not that they can't mess with you and hold your package for a month before releasing it. They have lots of leeway at their disposal too. :rolleyes:

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, I have some stuff I would like to get myself, but unsure because I still have not received my last order. I just checked track 17 and at least the package isn't stuck on the conveyor belt any longer as the last update was 8/6/18. Maybe it really did get on a plane this time. LOL

I was reading some of FT's forum posts and they all are saying that another sale will be around the 15th, but that info is coming from FT's customers not FT.

I was leary of placing another order until i see if everything is still intact with the current one after it went through customs,but the one i just ordered was only like $23,so not nearly as worrisome as the other that is just shy of $100.
Noel posted on the new products page that they have a new promotion coming soon,but didn't give a date yet.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
5 days from FT to ISC. Even though it's Chicago ISC this one might make it here in record time.
My best so far was 6 days from the time i ordered to sitting in my mailbox.Probably never happen again,but was a nice surprise haha.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
5 days from FT to ISC. Even though it's Chicago ISC this one might make it here in record time.
Can I ask which shipping options you both picked?

Was it the one that says 'routed by FT? Or the other free one?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA

This was the contest prize so I don't know. I think I go with the routed by FT usually (whatever it defaults to I don't change).

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Mine was the Express epacket,i think i paid like 30 cents extra for it on a $35 or so order.That was the 1 and only time i've ever gotten one that fast,but i have had several in the 8-10 day range,i always use Express epacket.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Mine was the Express epacket,i think i paid like 30 cents extra for it on a $35 or so order.That was the 1 and only time i've ever gotten one that fast,but i have had several in the 8-10 day range,i always use Express epacket.
That is the one I picked also. Once ordered tho, there is no way to tell because once in the que they both said the same thing.
I am wondering what the difference is between the 2. 1 of them says 'routed by FT'. Now with all the tariff stuff going on, it makes me wonder if they are paying for an agent to get packages through quicker?

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread