Florida
Reactions: stols001

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Now FDA says they are considering banning vaping products from being sold in convenience stores because they don't check ID's enough. If they do that they must also ban tobacco sales and for the same reason.

The vape companies could threaten to pull accounts from stores found to be selling to minors but the problem is the convenience stores buy from wholesalers that the vape companies can't control.

Lets not forget states where a large portion of convenience store sales are from alcohol products!
Big tobacco isnt going to let up anytime soon.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
The thing mr gotleib doesn’t get is that the drop in teen smokers did NOT coincide with anti smoking marketing, but DID coincide with the introduction of ecigs. Meanwhile, if vaping and smoking are lumped together the numbers remain in line with historical trends. If he regulates ecigs out of the hands of everyone all he will do is create teen smokers

Gotleib is another disaster of this administration. Ive been involved full time in past two years with doctor/patient groups batlling FDA absurdities. Its not a battle thats gong to be won until we have new governance in DC.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Gotleib is another disaster of this administration. Ive been involved full time in past two years with doctor/patient groups batlling FDA absurdities. Its not a battle thats gong to be won until we have new governance in DC.

You should really compare how the previous "governance" in DC, and the previous head of the FDA wanted to treat vaping. If they had their way we wouldn't have any of these new devices and most vape companies would have been put out of business with the extremely high cost of "compliance". If we go back to a similar Administration before we get this ironed out, you can kiss vaping goodby for good.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Key would be to clear most if not all of the malefactors in the legislature who do the bidding predominantly of special interests, indeed promote them. We would do well to also be rid of those gallant spectators who've stood by to do nothing about this. If I had my way it'd be magic eraser time for many, both party's, and much of what passes for legislation in recent decades. Particularly any pretense of using children as human shields as the collateral damage is us. The sucking sound I've been waiting for is the one that cracks open the Capitol dome to take the above with.

If there's anything really evident given that the purpose of our laws has been to protect us from such damage by government it's that we've degraded the former only to ensure the latter. Yes, we are the enemy within the gates.

Good luck all. :)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Any gov powerful enough to ban the juice is just as capable of banning the vaper.

Good luck. :)

The good news is that they can't ban instantly. They have to propose rules, collect feedback, and then implement the ban. Giving people one last window to stock up. You can bet if they propose a ban on raw nic base I'll be stocking up, other than that I am already covered, so they can't stop me.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    You can bet if they propose a ban on raw nic base I'll be stocking up, other than that I am already covered, so they can't stop me.
    Good thing for me that a liter of 100 mg/ml will last me at least 8 years after I break it down. I've got a liter of 24 mg/ml that I haven't even opened yet, and a liter of 100, with more than enough PG an VG to mix it down to whatever levels I desire. So even if a ban goes into effect later today, I'm good for the next 10 years..

Reactions: Letitia

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The good news is that they can't ban instantly. They have to propose rules, collect feedback, and then implement the ban. Giving people one last window to stock up. You can bet if they propose a ban on raw nic base I'll be stocking up, other than that I am already covered, so they can't stop me.

Instantly is a purely theoretical concept to government. And that is the bureaucrat's downfall, that they must make a pretense of following their own rules. The more complex and convoluted they are, ever more bureaucrats must be involved in the process to the effect of virtual meaningless irrelevancy (Brazil).

So I can't imagine anything that would more ensure vaping's (lucrative) survival far into the foreseeable future than banning nicotine.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The apathy that has infected US citizens is the enemy and ironically only the apathetic citizens hold the cure.

Yes it's been rather ludicrous to see the word "consent" thrown around so frivolously of late when so many have lost sight of its significance (freedom).

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    So I can't imagine anything that would more ensure vaping's (lucrative) survival far into the foreseeable future than banning nicotine.
    If nicotine is banned too many tax dollars are lost. My fear is they will limit mg and ml purchase, that would hurt new and experienced vapers both.

I said raw nicotine base. They will never ban the older nic containing products like cigarettes, cigars, etc. They could try to ban the ability to buy 100mg/ml nic base for the DIY'ers though.

marianna

ECF Veteran
    Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    Any gov powerful enough to ban the juice is just as capable of banning the vaper.

In the EU we already have all kinds of regulations since the TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) in 2014... so what? They can't ban PG, VG and food graded flavors, nor rebuilding materials.
    If the gov will ban the whole vaping business, including China, well, the DIY-types will make their own vape machines, and others will buy second hand mods, RBA's, RDA's, RDTA's.
    I've got about 15 tanks, 7 drippers, 3 mods, 2 mech mods, lots of VG, flavors, wire, Muji cotton, tools, ...enough to survive 6 years.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    The apathy that has infected US citizens is the enemy and ironically only the apathetic citizens hold the cure.

One of my Favorite Quotes...

6a0120a610bec4970c01bb07f549ee970d-450wi

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread