The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The FDA Is Considering a Ban on Online E-Cig Sales

Discussion in 'FDA Regulations' started by capthook, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Vappin Phil

Vappin Phil Full Member Verified Member

Jan 3, 2013
    Florida
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Lets not forget states where a large portion of convenience store sales are from alcohol products!
    Big tobacco isnt going to let up anytime soon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ipster

Ipster Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Gotleib is another disaster of this administration. Ive been involved full time in past two years with doctor/patient groups batlling FDA absurdities. Its not a battle thats gong to be won until we have new governance in DC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You should really compare how the previous "governance" in DC, and the previous head of the FDA wanted to treat vaping. If they had their way we wouldn't have any of these new devices and most vape companies would have been put out of business with the extremely high cost of "compliance". If we go back to a similar Administration before we get this ironed out, you can kiss vaping goodby for good.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Key would be to clear most if not all of the malefactors in the legislature who do the bidding predominantly of special interests, indeed promote them. We would do well to also be rid of those gallant spectators who've stood by to do nothing about this. If I had my way it'd be magic eraser time for many, both party's, and much of what passes for legislation in recent decades. Particularly any pretense of using children as human shields as the collateral damage is us. The sucking sound I've been waiting for is the one that cracks open the Capitol dome to take the above with.

If there's anything really evident given that the purpose of our laws has been to protect us from such damage by government it's that we've degraded the former only to ensure the latter. Yes, we are the enemy within the gates.

Good luck all. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. marianna

marianna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    No problem as long as online buying is not banned.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Any gov powerful enough to ban the juice is just as capable of banning the vaper.

Good luck. :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The apathy that has infected US citizens is the enemy and ironically only the apathetic citizens hold the cure.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The good news is that they can't ban instantly. They have to propose rules, collect feedback, and then implement the ban. Giving people one last window to stock up. You can bet if they propose a ban on raw nic base I'll be stocking up, other than that I am already covered, so they can't stop me.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good thing for me that a liter of 100 mg/ml will last me at least 8 years after I break it down. I've got a liter of 24 mg/ml that I haven't even opened yet, and a liter of 100, with more than enough PG an VG to mix it down to whatever levels I desire. So even if a ban goes into effect later today, I'm good for the next 10 years..

• Like Like x 1
  13. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Instantly is a purely theoretical concept to government. And that is the bureaucrat's downfall, that they must make a pretense of following their own rules. The more complex and convoluted they are, ever more bureaucrats must be involved in the process to the effect of virtual meaningless irrelevancy (Brazil).

So I can't imagine anything that would more ensure vaping's (lucrative) survival far into the foreseeable future than banning nicotine.

• Like Like x 1
  14. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Yes it's been rather ludicrous to see the word "consent" thrown around so frivolously of late when so many have lost sight of its significance (freedom).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    They don't want freedom anymore, too comfortable letting others do their thinking for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    If nicotine is banned too many tax dollars are lost. My fear is they will limit mg and ml purchase, that would hurt new and experienced vapers both.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MacTechVpr

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The best way to get a bureaucrat on your side is to let them think it's their idea.

Good luck all. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I said raw nicotine base. They will never ban the older nic containing products like cigarettes, cigars, etc. They could try to ban the ability to buy 100mg/ml nic base for the DIY'ers though.

• Like Like x 2
  19. marianna

marianna Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    Netherlands
    In the EU we already have all kinds of regulations since the TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) in 2014... so what? They can't ban PG, VG and food graded flavors, nor rebuilding materials.
    If the gov will ban the whole vaping business, including China, well, the DIY-types will make their own vape machines, and others will buy second hand mods, RBA's, RDA's, RDTA's.
    I've got about 15 tanks, 7 drippers, 3 mods, 2 mech mods, lots of VG, flavors, wire, Muji cotton, tools, ...enough to survive 6 years.

• Like Like x 2
  20. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    One of my Favorite Quotes...

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.