ECF Newsletter - FDA Considering Ban on Online Ecig Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renaissance Man

Aug 26, 2018
Greetings to you all,

Yes, I am brand new to this forum and I am new to vaping as well, but with that said. after reading this thread, I feel obliged to put in my two cents worth.

The government of the United States, as it is presently constituted and constructed, is, at least IMHO, not at all what the founding fathers had in mind. The people we choose to represent OUR INTERESTS, by and large end up representing only THEIR OWN INTERESTS, partly out of necessity due to the way our system of government works and partly out of plain, unvarnished AVARICE (That's the old fashion word for greed y'all. Is it any wonder that it's at the top of the list of The Seven Deadly Sins?).

Unless and until the government gets back to representing the interests of WE, THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, WE, THE PEOPLE are well and truly screwed. And until the sheeple among our fellow citizens are awakened to exactly what our government is doing to them (and all of us), there will be no change.

Until that bright and blessed day arrives (and I hope I'm around to see it), all those of us who are aware can do is to RESIST and finds ways to circumvent the foolish rules that are put in our way.

As the character Ten Bears says: "That is all I have to say"

Maria S.

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Tampa Bay
Lol, I made a post about this last month and all I got was "this isn't going to happen, you're just worry is all" and now look.plus I watched his press conference and he means all products, pods,mods,rda's,rta,rdta and juice none nic and there's talk about making it hard to buy vg/pg and nic and of course a couple people are going to say "NO WAY THEY CAN'T DO THAT!!!" Or the "I have all my stuff stocked up i don't care" well some of us a lot of us don't!!! Keep telling yourselves that they won't stop nic and vg sales because as we've learned it's the government they can do whatever they want too.all the "I quit smoking because of this flavor" signs won't do anything.jai haze is doing a live show and he had a great point.no pro vaping origination has done anything at all.we never even see them speck, no videos, pod cast, no new conferences nothing.we need to start doing something ourselves.we need to really start getting involved and we've keeping saying "ooooo they can't do that"for so long and now it's a month and I don't even know where to start.I'm going to start calling my state representative to start off with and I'm going to tell everyone i know to start e-mailing and calling them because that's the only way we're going to keep vaping alive guys.......US!!!!!!!!WE!!!!! I don't vape because it saved my life.when I smoked i couldn't breathe and now I can.God I don't know what I'd do without vaping, smoking isn't an option i guess just withdraw from it all.
That's exactly how I feel, I have been vaping for 6 years and honestly I have been buying my juice from the same place, and I don't make my own coils, I would be screwed. I have been worrying about this day for along time. They can ban what ever they want! The government is messed up, the fda haha its all about the tobacco companies losing millions because of vaping. It's sick. It's freaking population control, vaping is the healthier option, God forbid they want there fellow Americans to turn to a healthier option, they want all those thousands of chemicals going into us. It's just terrible!

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
That's exactly how I feel, I have been vaping for 6 years and honestly I have been buying my juice from the same place, and I don't make my own coils, I would be screwed. I have been worrying about this day for along time. They can ban what ever they want! The government is messed up, the fda haha its all about the tobacco companies losing millions because of vaping. It's sick. It's freaking population control, vaping is the healthier option, God forbid they want there fellow Americans to turn to a healthier option, they want all those thousands of chemicals going into us. It's just terrible!
This is a huge problem, see the government had been training us for alone time.we as the people are told to always do as we're told and listen to the police,teachers,judges anybody that's considered "important".pay our taxes and don't ask questions if you do question it you're deemed some kinda anarchist or anti government nut instead of what we really are which is people that want to be free, free of government rule about what I can drink,eat,vape,smoke or whatever.school is the starting point of this do as you're told training then it just keeps on rolling from there.we're lead to believe that our taxes go to paying for roads,schools and our military it don't go to any of that it pays off some of the debt we owe to other countries you know that huge trillion dollar debt.that has nothing to do with vaping but its just an example of how we're blatantly lied to and we belive it and that sucks.so thanks to all the people that say "don't talk back or talk down to the police" because of that kind mindframe we're here at this point where our government that we vote for can tell us grownups what to do.tell you what's also a good one is they ok the sells of cigs which can kill you then they tax it because it can kill you and is bad for you they tax it and tax it......and keep taxing it, I remember saying "man cigs went up another 50¢ if they go up to 3.00$ I'm quitting" one year later -----" man cigs went up 70¢ they go up to 4.00$ I'm quitting " I said that about 20 times when I smoked but they got use hooked and they know we'll pay it, they get us hooked and keep rasing the price they're like a bad drug dealer.I can rant about this all night sorry for going on with my bad grammar and spelling lol.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Maybe Now would be a Good Time to start Learning how to do DIY? As well as getting some Wire and an RTA and try your hand at making your own Coils.

Neither of the them is very hard. All you need is a Little Practice. And some Good Advice that can be Found Here on the ECF.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Maybe Now would be a Good Time to start Learning how to do DIY? As well as getting some Wire and an RTA and try your hand at making your own Coils.

Neither of the them is very hard. All you need is a Little Practice. And some Good Advice that can be Found Here on the ECF.
That's true but all of us has already come to the fact that if this goes down they'll stop everything and just like she's said and lots of other people have said we can just pre buy a huge tube of vg and have it in the kitchen lol.I'm sure they'll always be wire available but vg,pg and nic is going to be a tricky one.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's true but all of us has already come to the fact that if this goes down they'll stop everything and just like she's said and lots of other people have said we can just pre buy a huge tube of vg and have it in the kitchen lol.I'm sure they'll always be wire available but vg,pg and nic is going to be a tricky one.

My Dad used to have a say'n about being Learning and being prepared. And that was "Never attempt to learn how to use a Coleman lantern on the 1st night of a camping trip."

By that he meant it is always Better to Learn how to do something when you are Not Dependent on it working on your 1st try.

Like I said, DIY and building you Own Coils is Not Overly Hard. But it takes to Practice. And a degree of Trial and Error.

I would Encourage Anyone who doesn't know how to do Either to Start. If for Nothing else, the Peace of Mind that you would No Longer be Dependent on an Online Site or B&M for e-Liquid/Coils. And for the Humongous amount of Money that can be Saved.

I vape about 7ml/day. And I spend Less than 5 Bucks a Month on e-Liquids. And Coils and Cotton cost less than 50 Cents.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

VG and PG are not a vaping specific product. PG is sold at pharmacies and other stores because people need it to mix with certain medicines, and use it to make some foods. VG is used to make soaps, conditioners, lotions, and other personal care items. These products will be available, maybe not listed for vaping, but avaliable. If they take those two products off the market, it will hurt much more than the vaping community.

Flavorings are not made with vaping in mind either, they are for baking. Vape related companies just relist it as a vaping product. They are not going anywhere either.

Liquid nicotine may be an issue though. They can put a stipulation on how it can be purchased, making it very difficult for us to aquire. This is where they can place a strangle hold on the DIY community.

Cotton is a non issue, and wire should not be hard to get if you know what to look for.

While I'm not thrilled to hear this happening, I'm not going to just set on my hands and wait either. I am going to stock myself up the best I can, while I can. My number one goal has to be to look out for myself, and my family first. After that is to do what I can to try to stop it. Even though the best routes we have as individuals can make a difference sometimes, sadly they also can make no difference other times, so there is no great way to approach this issue as individuals. But we have to try.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have been vaping for 6 years and honestly I have been buying my juice from the same place, and I don't make my own coils, I would be screwed.

You're in the Tampa Bay area, and I'm about an hour away. If you'd ever like to meet some place in the middle...I'd be happy to bring the necessary supplies and teach you (and some of your vaping friends if they'd like to come)...the basics of DIYing eliquids. I've met and taught an ECF member from Lakeland, another one from Palm Coast, and 2 people from Lake Wales. Even 1 member from NC learned how by email and phone. It's not hard to learn at all.

Could also bring some pre-wound coils and rayon to show you how to use an RTA, install a coil, and wick it. The coils are dirt cheap and so is the rayon. Have wire to build coils, too, from scratch, but even learning how to use the pre-wound ones (about 3 cents each from FastTech) would help you no longer be dependent on factory, drop-in coils. :thumbs:

ETA: Forgot that another member I taught how to DIY is in India...and he learned how to do it through many pages of PM's on here.

Last edited:

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
You're in the Tampa Bay area, and I'm about an hour away. If you'd ever like to meet some place in the middle...I'd be happy to bring the necessary supplies and teach you (and some of your vaping friends if they'd like to come)...the basics of DIYing eliquids. I've met and taught an ECF member from Lakeland, another one from Palm Coast, and 2 people from Lake Wales. Even 1 member from NC learned how by email and phone. It's not hard to learn at all.

Could also bring some pre-wound coils and rayon to show you how to use an RTA, install a coil, and wick it. The coils are dirt cheap and so is the rayon. Have wire to build coils, too, from scratch, but even learning how to use the pre-wound ones (about 3 cents each from FastTech) would help you no longer be dependent on factory, drop-in coils. :thumbs:

ETA: Forgot that another member I taught how to DIY is in India...and he learned how to do it through many pages of PM's on here.
lol better then me I make my coils not just for me but I sell them too and I use a lot of wire, framed staples,staggered,staggertons so on and so on i recently started making my own juice but I vape about 15 to 20ml a day I can only dream of 5 $$$ a month and I'm so sick of this " they sell vg at bla bla bla.it has no use to any one for public use really let's face it when is the last time (other then for vaping) you heard yourself saying "hey hunny I'm going to Wal-Mart to pick up a jug of vegetable glycerin" i can't stop laughing every time I read that stuff I showed a guy at my local Vape store the " they sell vg at pharmacys" comment and we all got a lol out of it.yes it can be used in some things and yes vg/pg is used for a lot of industrial implications but as for the public they can just make it to where you can only but so much or you need to jump through some red tape for it and as for Maria ----start watching YouTube it's the best way to learn a lot of stuff if you need anything else im sure alot of people would help you, if you need to know how to buy wire or mods,rda, tanks anything inbox me I think you can send personal messages on here in not sure never have done that in here only on Facebook and Instagram anyways I can give you my real name on Facebook and I'll be more then happy to help you good wire comes from a good company.I use to buy fasttech wire and pre made coils but they're garbage the wire is gritty and dirty so is the coils if you buy them pre made from online stores i hope you have an ultrasonic cleaner it's not hard to make your own coils with kidney puncher wire or lighting vapes wire.most my mods,rda or rta's come from fasttech or gearbest.if I need it fast vape cheap or vaper dna is great vaper beast vape 101.if you want some really good cotton go to cottonman.com it's the best or just look up Egyptian cotton wicks fast and taste good.yes something you can go cheap on and I don't mean to disagree with some people but somethings you just don't want to go cheap on, no Chinese cotton pads and me personally i stay away from rayon but that's me.

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Actually glycerine has a LOT of uses.....icing and fondant, Painters (as in acrylic and watercolor), it makes a wonderful conditioner....the lists can go on and on. Just cause the vape shop dude doesn't know, doesn't mean it's main purpose is in vaping for an average consumer. I've used it for years in my art studio. VG isn't going anywhere ;)

Edit: Oops...I forgot another use my family has used it with.....wine making :D

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
lol better then me I make my coils not just for me but I sell them too and I use a lot of wire, framed staples,staggered,staggertons so on and so on i recently started making my own juice but I vape about 15 to 20ml a day I can only dream of 5 $$$ a month and I'm so sick of this " they sell vg at bla bla bla.it has no use to any one for public use really let's face it when is the last time (other then for vaping) you heard yourself saying "hey hunny I'm going to Wal-Mart to pick up a jug of vegetable glycerin" i can't stop laughing every time I read that stuff I showed a guy at my local Vape store the " they sell vg at pharmacys" comment and we all got a lol out of it.yes it can be used in some things and yes vg/pg is used for a lot of industrial implications but as for the public they can just make it to where you can only but so much or you need to jump through some red tape for it and as for Maria ----start watching YouTube it's the best way to learn a lot of stuff if you need anything else im sure alot of people would help you, if you need to know how to buy wire or mods,rda, tanks anything inbox me I think you can send personal messages on here in not sure never have done that in here only on Facebook and Instagram anyways I can give you my real name on Facebook and I'll be more then happy to help you good wire comes from a good company.I use to buy fasttech wire and pre made coils but they're garbage the wire is gritty and dirty so is the coils if you buy them pre made from online stores i hope you have an ultrasonic cleaner it's not hard to make your own coils with kidney puncher wire or lighting vapes wire.most my mods,rda or rta's come from fasttech or gearbest.if I need it fast vape cheap or vaper dna is great vaper beast vape 101.if you want some really good cotton go to cottonman.com it's the best or just look up Egyptian cotton wicks fast and taste good.yes something you can go cheap on and I don't mean to disagree with some people but somethings you just don't want to go cheap on, no Chinese cotton pads and me personally i stay away from rayon but that's me.

My wife works in a pharmacy and sells PG to non vapers on a daily basis. So you can believe it or not, but it was here LONG before vaping, and if vaping is banned, will remain readily avaliable LONG afterwards.

Same with VG. Lots of individuals and small businesses use it every day, and rely on it to make a living. I am sure you use lots of products that contain it pretty much every day. It has been around well before vaping too, and is not going anywhere either.

You personally may not encounter these items on a daily basis, but lots of people do. Some people's health and well being actually relies on it for their medications. If they put stipulations on it, more people that don't vape will be effected than you seem to want to believe.

billthetroll

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2016
Huntington West Virginia
Haha Sure guys it just flys off the shelf that's why I can right now go to any store that has it and I'll have to blow the dust off the top of it lol you guys kill meyes they're lots of things and not one person goes to Wal-Mart passes head & shoulders and grabs vg blahahaha I'm sure next someone will say "i hate head & shoulders and I always use vg" I'm sure it will losen the bolts of a car and fix that squeaking sound of a cabinet door, great paint remover, helps remove light bulbs, gets car pee smells out of carpet none of that helps the fact that if they want to stop the sale of it to the public they can.maybe putting it behind the counter with 500 other products if they want.maybe an all out ban of sales i don't know and at this point I don't care im just trying to think up logical ways to still make juice and not keep telling myself "it's ok it goes into stuff that everyone uses so they'll never ban it" because that logic had gotten us to this point the "they can't do that" method of thinking just a month ago-almost all of you told me "you're over reacting they won't stop vaping" lol and yet here we are and ones again I'm reading the same played out stuff so you guys keep up the good fight with 5 people a day buy gallons of this stuff so they can't ban it.I wonder how many people used Sudafed right before it got ban and put behind the shelf.another good one was the ingredients that killed bed bugs.it was really good stuff will the government stopped sales of it something about it was would kill pets & could harm people but if you simply keep dog and cats out of it and watched your kids like you supposed too it was ok.but no they stepped in stopped sales and now it's a bed bug epidemic in the USA.so if they'll allow a epidemic to happen how hard will stopping the sales of vg be???? Im sure the " but but but it goes into (add anything here comment) so they can't stop it" they can and will.and I'm really sorry if I come off as a smartass because I know that's exactly how it seems it's just.....I see things as they are not from clouded eyes guys and I've seen everyone in this constant state of denial and it's sad.makes me sad.I feel like we're all lossing something really really important to us.

• Optimistic

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Haha Sure guys it just flys off the shelf that's why I can right now go to any store that has it and I'll have to blow the dust off the top of it lol you guys kill meyes they're lots of things and not one person goes to Wal-Mart passes head & shoulders and grabs vg blahahaha I'm sure next someone will say "i hate head & shoulders and I always use vg" I'm sure it will losen the bolts of a car and fix that squeaking sound of a cabinet door, great paint remover, helps remove light bulbs, gets car pee smells out of carpet none of that helps the fact that if they want to stop the sale of it to the public they can.maybe putting it behind the counter with 500 other products if they want.maybe an all out ban of sales i don't know and at this point I don't care im just trying to think up logical ways to still make juice and not keep telling myself "it's ok it goes into stuff that everyone uses so they'll never ban it" because that logic had gotten us to this point the "they can't do that" method of thinking just a month ago-almost all of you told me "you're over reacting they won't stop vaping" lol and yet here we are and ones again I'm reading the same played out stuff so you guys keep up the good fight with 5 people a day buy gallons of this stuff so they can't ban it.I wonder how many people used Sudafed right before it got ban and put behind the shelf.another good one was the ingredients that killed bed bugs.it was really good stuff will the government stopped sales of it something about it was would kill pets & could harm people but if you simply keep dog and cats out of it and watched your kids like you supposed too it was ok.but no they stepped in stopped sales and now it's a bed bug epidemic in the USA.so if they'll allow a epidemic to happen how hard will stopping the sales of vg be???? Im sure the " but but but it goes into (add anything here comment) so they can't stop it" they can and will.and I'm really sorry if I come off as a smartass because I know that's exactly how it seems it's just.....I see things as they are not from clouded eyes guys and I've seen everyone in this constant state of denial and it's sad.makes me sad.I feel like we're all lossing something really really important to us.

Whatever man. You can just keep telling yourself whatever you want. But comparing VG and PG to a methamphetamine ingredient is kind of bordering the tin hat area.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If you hover over the states in the map at this link it's illegal for anyone under 18 to buy or in some cases use e-cigarettes. The law is there, but enforcement is obviously not on the radar for local police. They have bigger fish to fry. Don't you have to be over 18 or possibly 21 or older to obtain your own credit card?

I guess teens have larger weekly allowances than the teens of my era. Most of my spending money came from the band I played in from about age 15 and up. Back in the late 60s I raked in $15 to $25 a night playing at youth centers and skating rinks on Friday and Saturday nights. ;)

US Vaping & Ecig Laws: State By State Guide of Regulations & Bans | License to Vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread