Not open for further replies.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I use almost all TFA flavorings. I just counted them on my spreadsheet and I have 33 altogether, 30 of them are TFA. Actually the main reason I chose TFA when I started mixing was this thread. It being here meant I had a huge encyclopedia of knowledge and helpful people to get me started.

The last order I got from WL I added some Marzipan from Flavor Art. I love Marzipan and that was the first time I had seen Marzipan flavor. The aroma from the flavor bottle was divine. Did some searching on ECF and didn't see much about it, but some people had mixed it with Vanilla. I added a little of the Marzipan to my bottle of vanilla juice. I only did that yesterday and tried it today and it was really good. I think when I make a new bottle I'll use more Marzipan, I put in 2% yesterday and it needs a little more. Or maybe it just needs steeping.

Thinking maybe I should be more adventurous about flavoring and look at other vendors. I've got around 10 recipes I use regularly and I don't go through juice very fast so it takes me a while to get a new one going. Few times I've tried other vendors haven't been such good experiences. Like Inawera Rhubarb.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got the marzipan with my last order. It is really pretty good. I didn't mix it with anything. I just did a single flavor test to see what it tasted like. I've still got several from the last order that I haven't tried. I've probably got close to 150-200 flavors so far. There are some good ones in other brands. I really like the FW lemonade and have been experimenting with strawberry lemonade from them. I just haven't gotten it where I want it yet. I tried subbing the strawberry for the regular lemonade in the same recipe and it didn't quite work. I have my first order coming in a day or two from real flavors. They are supposed to be single flavor concentrates so nothing should have to be added. We'll see.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I got the marzipan with my last order. It is really pretty good. I didn't mix it with anything. I just did a single flavor test to see what it tasted like. I've still got several from the last order that I haven't tried. I've probably got close to 150-200 flavors so far. There are some good ones in other brands. I really like the FW lemonade and have been experimenting with strawberry lemonade from them. I just haven't gotten it where I want it yet. I tried subbing the strawberry for the regular lemonade in the same recipe and it didn't quite work. I have my first order coming in a day or two from real flavors. They are supposed to be single flavor concentrates so nothing should have to be added. We'll see.

What % did you use for the marzipan? The posts I found that mentioned it went from 0.5% through 8%. I found 2% in one vanilla recipe so that's what I used.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    It's not my recipe. It's from the Dropbox originally.

FW lemonade 14%
    EM 8%
    Tfa honey 1%
    Tfa sweet and tart 5%

I think I changed the percentages a little.

Here's the current mix of strawberry lemonade. It's a little sweet but not bad.

FW strawberry lemonade 14%
    Cap sweet strawberry 7%
    Tfa sweet and tart 5%
    Tfa vanilla bean ice cream 4%

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    The vbic gives it a little bit of a milkshake/cream taste but the tartness is still there. I tried it a few different ways and knew it needed something else. The sweetness of the vbic seems to subside a little after it sits for a while.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Has anyone used TFA's vanilla bean gelato? I have and been vaping for a while now. I really like it. It tastes like ice cream but not as strong or sweet as VBIC.

Vanilla Bean Gelato 6% - TFA
    Marsh mellow 2-3% FA (I like 3%) for a smidge of sweet.

It turns a amber color after a couple of days.
    A very good substitute for vbic.

:)

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Has anyone used TFA's vanilla bean gelato? I have and been vaping for a while now. I really like it. It tastes like ice cream but not as strong or sweet as VBIC.

Vanilla Bean Gelato 6% - TFA
    Marsh mellow 2-3% FA (I like 3%) for a smidge of sweet.

It turns a amber color after a couple of days.
    A very good substitute for vbic.

:)
    I used it at 5% on it's own as my adv for several months a few years ago,i really liked it,but got burnt out on it.I may have to try it again,maybe like yours with marshmallow added to it,that sounds pretty good.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I used it at 5% on it's own as my adv for several months a few years ago,i really liked it,but got burnt out on it.I may have to try it again,maybe like yours with marshmallow added to it,that sounds pretty good.
    Try Key Lime with it.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread