Status
Not open for further replies.

renilyn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Lol, I'm still waiting to see if anyone else wants first ;)

Curiosity of the day, what led people here to using TFA flavors over other brands? For me, I actually started with Capella mostly, but over time was ordering more and more tfa, just curious ....do most here use majority tfa and supplement with other brands? I mean I do still like some capella ones too. And I hope to try some inawera some day. I'm probably the biggest oddball ever who tried fa and it didn't wow me as much as I expected...just curious if price, variety, transparency, or simple enjoyment of flavors/taste or some other reason was a deciding factor for others....as a noob, $1.15/6 ml @bcv, large variety were sort of big factors for me purchasing, plus the camaraderie here and assistance/no pretentious 'tudes/highly active thread..just food for thought/discussion.

I was eyeing up a p3, but that little eleaf I stick looks so cute and probably more in my budget especially with holidays/baseball personal training for the elder son coming up...thinking of getting my mom one for christmas too with a mini nautilus tank, problem is she frequently breaks glass tanks

Frankly for me, customer service. PERIOD! They are amazing. Linda and crew bend over backwards for their customers and I love that! Not only that, but they are a small business in a world where that is fading. I figure if I can do my part to help, well.... what's bad about that?

eLeaf iStick....... WANNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ItTechy

Information Tragedy dOOd
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2009
The State of Confusion

Curiosity of the day, what led people here to using TFA flavors over other brands? For me, I actually started with Capella mostly, but over time was ordering more and more tfa, just curious ....do most here use majority tfa and supplement with other brands? I mean I do still like some capella ones too. And I hope to try some inawera some day. I'm probably the biggest oddball ever who tried fa and it didn't wow me as much as I expected...just curious if price, variety, transparency, or simple enjoyment of flavors/taste or some other reason was a deciding factor for others....as a noob, $1.15/6 ml @bcv, large variety were sort of big factors for me purchasing, plus the camaraderie here and assistance/no pretentious 'tudes/highly active thread..just food for thought/discussion.

I was eyeing up a p3, but that little eleaf I stick looks so cute and probably more in my budget especially with holidays/baseball personal training for the elder son coming up...thinking of getting my mom one for christmas too with a mini nautilus tank, problem is she frequently breaks glass tanks

Pretty much what Ren said.......LOL

I have used quite a bit of Capella' as well, and even worked with the owner in the past; for me it was that their (Capella') flavors were not true to form for some of the ones I was using....

Overall I have found TFA to be great to work with!

If you have a question you can call Linda or Bob and they will take as much time as necessary to assist you, not to mention their flavors are pretty true to form.

I have only used FW when a recipe calls for them, and they have been good so far, but as we all know they are limited in their selection.

Lastly TFA is by far the best priced on their bulk sizes of any place I have dealt with.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia

For me, when I was getting started, I checked out the different suppliers. Wizard Labs sold not only Nic, PG, VG, bottles, syringes, etc, but also sold flavorings... $1.49/8ml. One stop for almost everything! (and fair shipping prices) I knew I had to have a LOT of flavorings to get started, so it just seemed like a deal to me.

Over half of their flavorings are TFA, so I decided to stick with them as much as I could. (I have 2 non-TFA flavors) Since I still have LOTS of flavorings to try out, I still buy them mostly at Wizard. Ones for ADVs come from TFA in bulk sizes. I do plan on buying more from TFA directly, once I have a better variety.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
18 new ones to play with today! :D:vapor::w00t::thumbs:
WLFlavors.jpg

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Great responses!!! Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming....deb, do you raise araucana(sp????) Chickens? The egg colors on profile pic, reason asking, yes off topic but...

I'm starting another flavor wish list, it's become like a weekly thing for me too, sooner or later will have all I plan on using/trying excluding ones not interested in at all...and still waiting if anyone else interested in being milkshake coordinator..........or not.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
This is my portable Juice Lab! I bought the case at Goodwill for $5. It was designed for make-up and such. I had actually bought it for crafts years ago. When I started DIY, it seemed the perfect thing to use!
20141024_122912.jpg
In the door and top are flavorings. I store droppers and misc. stuff in the top drawer. Second drawer is syringes and needles. Bottom drawer is bottles and gloves. On the side is my VG, PG, Nic, 4 oz flavorings, Gloves and a couple of graduated cylinders. Some stuff is missing from the pic.
20141024_122810.jpg
I'm going to have to move some things around for the flavorings I got today.

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
Great responses!!! Thanks for sharing, keep 'em coming....deb, do you raise araucana(sp????) Chickens? The egg colors on profile pic, reason asking, yes off topic but...

I'm starting another flavor wish list, it's become like a weekly thing for me too, sooner or later will have all I plan on using/trying excluding ones not interested in at all...and still waiting if anyone else interested in being milkshake coordinator..........or not.

I have Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks, Buff Orpingtons, Araucanas and mutts. lol 20 in all, 18 hens and 2 roosters. None of my chickens are "show" or "pure." I just have feed store chickens that produce awesome eggs! Brown, tan, pink, blue and green. It's like Easter every day at my house. :) I also have one rescue roo. He is the mascot for the Air Force Archery team. We take care of him for them.

I keep a wish list going. Who knows how long it's going to take to get them all. *sigh* I know I will be missing key ingredients for milkshakes. You never have everything you need.

I vote for baseballmom as Milkshake coordinator!! Do I hear a 2nd??

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
I don't know when the Milkshake vapathon will start, but here's my :2c:

I make very simple milkshakes at home. I use:
Vanilla Ice Cream
Milk
Chocolate syrup
and sometimes some vanilla on top

For Strawberry, I would add strawberry syrup.

So I guess I will start by ordering some Dairy Milk. They also have Malted milk for those who like Malted milkshakes. I don't have any Vanilla bean ice cream either :ohmy: I don't like things delivered when I am not home, so I will have to get my cart ready and then order when I go online at night at our campsite. Then hopefully it will be here the day after we get back from hiking.

jbushman26

Aug 19, 2014
Houston, TX
Props. I think it's a GREAT idea to make a solid MILKSHAKE recipe or 3. Mine will start with something like the following and may very well be horrible:

Strawberry (Ripe) 8%
Banana Split 4% (all I have is "Banana Split" from Nature's Flavors, which are all VG based)
French Vanilla 4% (huge fan)
Vanilla Bean Gelato 3% (fairly new to me, haven't made up mind on it but I think it might add a saltiness which could be helpful)
Dairy Milk 3% (haven't tried)
Malted Milk 3% (haven't tried)
Sweet Cream 1%
Brown Sugar 1%
Koolada 1%
EM 2%

That should come out to about 30% flavour. (I've never mixed higher than 25% since diy, but Bill's posts have quelled my fears) I know that's a lot of ingredients but I don't shy away from using as many as needed and my fav creations typically have several ingredients. I have NOT tried Dairy Milk or Malted Milk and would love opinions on them. I know Dairy Milk has a couple of the custard notes we don't want but seems like a necessary ingredient for a proper milkshake recipe if, in fact, it tastes like milk when mixed. Maybe Dulce de leche or something would work instead, haven't tried that either. And this probably needs more sweetener.

I think 1-2% Caramel or Vanilla Swirl wouldn't hurt. Of course you could swap Str/Ban for whatever primary. Bittersweet Choc/Ban maybe? I haven't made this but fully support us developing some solid MILKSHAKE recipes and I will mix soon and update results, although I'll need to order some Milks 1st....

Malted shakes are delicious. If MM isn't good, I've heard good things about "Malt" from NF, although I have "Chocolate Malt" from NF and feel like the choc covers whatever malt flav it was supposed to accomplish.

So iced creams, milks, sugar, sugar, sugar seem like where to start. Thanks for any input! Let's do this!

jbushman26

Aug 19, 2014
Houston, TX
I don't think 2% str would do it for me but I could start at 5 or 6%. I agree with vanilla swirl. Marshmallow, I love, but I use it to make mixes "lighter" and feel a milkshake should be thick and creamy. But who knows, maybe it helps. I have EM but not Vanillin. Is the later much different or is it just a sweetener/flav enhancer too?

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I don't think 2% str would do it for me but I could start at 5 or 6%. I agree with vanilla swirl. Marshmallow, I love, but I use it to make mixes "lighter" and feel a milkshake should be thick and creamy. But who knows, maybe it helps. I have EM but not Vanillin. Is the later much different or is it just a sweetener/flav enhancer too?

Vanillin can work as a sweetener or enhancer depending on how much is used.

I normally only use 1-2% along with other Vanillas to enhance them.

More creams may also help in this, think layers.

I'd even add some TFA Brown Sugar Extra rather than EM or Sweetener, but that's just me.

I find that EM and Sweetener mutes the other flavors, and that is why some need 30% total flavoring to taste anything IMO.

But they are OK when used at 1-2 drops for EM and maybe 1 drop of TFA Sweetener to 15ml, (a little bit goes a long way).

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
This person is PURE EVIL! :evil:

I now live paycheck to paycheck, surviving only on the mere left overs after my direct deposit to TFA for my flavorings twice a month! :D

LOL

It's a conspiracy i tell ya.Bill says his wifes name is Jo,i think the truth is her name may be Linda haha,and i think he may be sitting in a back room at tfa posting all these recipes knowing we will all be missing a few flavors and have to send more money haha.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
WElcomE To the world of flavor buying addiction...I am starting to lie to my wife when she sees the vape mail and tell her they are free samples...I don't feel bad because shoes from DSW that come in the mail for her are free samples also :D

Haha,i know that feeling all too well,i'm so addicted to buying them,that several times i have filled my cart with what i knew i wanted,sit there for a minute and said ah,1 or 2 more wont hurt anything,and end up ordering stuff i've never even heard of haha.I do the same with the wife,there have been a few times,i have played it off,Oh wow,that finally showed up,that's the other part of that order from like a month ago,remember i told ya they only sent part of that one order haha.She hasn't started the shoes yet,but she has been getting a steady supply of "samples" from old navy for the last few months haha.

Man, I just started getting more serious with this DIY thing, and I ALREADY know what you guys mean -- on the 15th I ordered 4 TFA flavors from Wizlabs; couple days ago I ordered sugar cookie and vanilla cupcake, and since ecigexpress FINALLY got cake batter back in stock, just now I ordered some of that, and also some of that "AP" stuff! :facepalm: Good thing flavors don't cost much! :D I've got 4 other flavors on my wishlist at bullcity, but they'll have to wait till payday! ;)

And to the rest of you guys... I'm just kinda lurking, both here and in the TPA/TFA recipes forum or thread or whatever it is, just soaking up the knowledge, and I appreciate the hell out of all of you, doing all this fine work and then posting it! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! :wub:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I have recently found him coming home from work, arms loaded down with gearand walking by the mailbox sniffing lol Cause you can smell that vape mail a mile away! Then I get the "I *think* you have mail out there-The mailbox smells good again. How much was THAT order?!?!" I smile and pull the teenager signature blank look until he goes "Well, at least you're not smoking anymore" and walks away

*snicker*

He'll love the smell of the mailbox next week. I have 4 flavor orders coming hahahahahahahahahaha

I'm really glad to know I'm not the only one who can smell them when they're not even opened yet! I got the vanilla cupcake and sugar cookie flavors yesterday, and even in the ziplock bags the bottles are in, I smelled them all day, sitting over on the counter. My husband tells me I'm imagining it, he could barely smell them when I opened the bottle and held it directly under his nose! But that vanilla frosting smell permeated the whole kitchen, I smelled it as soon as I got in here this morning, reminding me I needed to do my first test batch of those, to learn their "base" taste before I try getting fancy with mixing other flavors in. :D

And on the very rare occasions when he voices a mild inquiry about all the vape goodies, *I* remind *him*, "I'm not smoking anymore, we have lots of money for this stuff!" :D He nods, oh yeah, that's right, and can I buy some more coins? :lol: (he's a coin collector like I'm a vape gear collector).

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok I have a question for all you flavor geniuses... What exactly is the difference between bavarian cream and custard? All my life, I've thought that bavarian cream in the doughnut *was* custard... :confused:

Haven't tried either one yet, I'm afraid to, since I have no idea how they're different. I hope someone can enlighten me!

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Began tweaking the Danish recipes (for the missus). Here's her mix:

Raspberry Frosted Danish

Raspberry - 8-9%
Vanilla Custard - 4%
Brown Sugar - 3%
Sweetener - 3%
Waffle/Belgian Waffle - 3%
Sweet Cream - 2-3%
Butter - 2-3%
Cream Cheese Icing (LA) - 2%

This is delicious right out of the can. Jo loves it. New ADV for her. This is a full 30% mix now. Just a wonderful explosion of sweet delicious flavoring with nice separations. Can be used without the CCI, but it adds a lot with the Raspberry. Good luck! :toast: :D :rickroll:

:2cool: :vapor:

I'm wondering how I might adapt this for blueberry instead of raspberry -- can't abide raspberries, but blueberries really ought to be their own food group, IMO. :D

I've got Blueberry Extra and Blueberry Candy -- would either or both of those work, and if so, similar percentage as that shown for raspberry here?

Thx!
Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread