The Forbidden Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hi and good morning y'all . This is just a little story that I'd thought I'd share with y'all . A few months ago I introduced my best buddy to vaping, with him being an electronics engineer and a heavy smoker what could be better than gadgets and nicotine right ? Well after a few bad experiences with local vendors that left him disgruntled and me looking for something better , he tells me that he is going to get some plain nicotine juice and use vaping as a nicotine delivery system only because no flavor is better than bad flavor . Well as a retired chef I am used to having my cake and eating it too, so that just ain't an acceptable outcome . So I did my research and ordered from several vendors Heather's being among them . When I got my order from Heather's I knew that I'd found what I was looking for . Intensity of flavor is something a chef prides himself on and it was apparent that they are experts at layering flavors as well . Needless to say I was beyond happy with their product . Well a couple of days ago my buddy stopped by for a visit and I gave him a partial bottle of Legend to take with him . The next day I get a call from him and the first words I hear are " OMG that stuff you gave me is freaking delicious , I gotta get more of that ! " He then goes on to tell me that when he started vaping it his wife came into the room and asked him " What's that you got it smells good ?" so he offered her his ego and " MMMMMMMMMMMM YUMMY , MINE!! " and she took off running with him in hot pursuit with him hollering " NO IT'S NOT YOURS WOMAN IT'S MINE! YOU GET YOUR OWN ! " When I could catch my breath from laughing I asked him if he was serious he tells me " Yeah, whenever we go out to eat she steals the food off my plate but I'll be damned if she's getting this too ! " Then he tells me that when he wrestled his ego away from her he had to forbid her from getting into the Legend while he was at work . Well after I stopped laughing I told him I got 2 50mls of Legend in so just come get one and we'll order more . Well it looks like Heather's has got 2 more converts, and I can tell y'all that I'm glad my wife doesn't vape lol. Talk about don't lay a finger on my butterfinger! But dang I gotta wonder what's Heather and Adam putting in this stuff

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Don't stop at Legend... to date, I've only tried 4 of their Purity NET line... Legend, Dragon's Fire, Serendipity and Huntsman. They are all awesome in their own way, from sweet (Legend and DF) to woodsy/spicy (Huntsman) and something settling in nicely in between (Serendipity).

They obviously take great pride in their juices and the work that goes into developing those flavors. Don't get me wrong, some of the vendors out there that sell a lot of more 'off the shelf' flavors have good products, but there is a complexity to HHVs stuff that really stands out. I tried a ton of juices, and I still remember the first time I SMELLED Legend, nevermind vaping it... I knew right there that I found something good.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Desperately waiting for the postman who carries my legend.......I wish I could have a friend like you who gives "a partial bottle of Legend"

You can borrow my mailman stalker, but I'll need him back in a couple days as I'm putting in a new order this weekend.

vulture2.jpg

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I guess we all have our own battles to fight . I'm just glad I don't have to wrestle my wife over my supply of Heather's . The laptop might be another story though . I'm using the playstation to do this on no keyboard is a pain in the ...., and it's probably why the line feed didn't work . But ya gotta choose your fights wisely and I ain't quite ready to pick that one just yet . At least not until I have all the mods I want lol.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Don't stop at Legend... to date, I've only tried 4 of their Purity NET line... Legend, Dragon's Fire, Serendipity and Huntsman. They are all awesome in their own way, from sweet (Legend and DF) to woodsy/spicy (Huntsman) and something settling in nicely in between (Serendipity). They obviously take great pride in their juices and the work that goes into developing those flavors. Don't get me wrong, some of the vendors out there that sell a lot of more 'off the shelf' flavors have good products, but there is a complexity to HHVs stuff that really stands out. I tried a ton of juices, and I still remember the first time I SMELLED Legend, nevermind vaping it... I knew right there that I found something good.
I have no intention of stopping till I've tried all their NET'S , So far I've tried Pirate's Booty, Dragon's Fire, Shadow, Heavenly Tobacco, some Heavenly Army that another friend had along with some Dark Horse, and of course Legend and I liked them all with Legend being my ADV. After I try the rest I'll probably play with some combos too . Can't wait for my sense of taste to come back though .

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
It will return eventually. What are you using? I started dripping and bought a RDA to up the taste quotient a bit... worked well for me. View attachment 243915
Right now I'm using a protank on a vamo , I have to sacrifice a little quality for quantity because I'm still fighting my cigarette addiction so that means I vape a lot. I've got Pirate's Booty in 36mg to get through the rough spots. I've smoked for over 40 years so it ain't easy.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Much as I love them... BCCs tend to mute flavors a tad. I love my evods, but the flavor isn't quite as strong as either my cartotank and either the 510 atty or the RDA I have. My VT is really what got me into attys... had to find a way to pump up the volume a bit. It is improved now, but when I was in the worst of it, I could hardly taste anything in the evod.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Right now I'm using a protank on a vamo , I have to sacrifice a little quality for quantity because I'm still fighting my cigarette addiction so that means I vape a lot. I've got Pirate's Booty in 36mg to get through the rough spots. I've smoked for over 40 years so it ain't easy.

retic1959, I too had smoked over 40 years and vaped quite a lot right off the bat. At that time, I was mainly using a carto tank that comes with a mechanical bat (The Odyssey APV) and some cig-a-like that wasn't doing much for me. I had set a date to stop smoking on the 29 of Sept. last year, but started vaping almost a month before that. I found the transition a lot easier than I expected and practically had to force myself to smoke analogs up to the deadline I had set. This was just before I found the HHV thread and the wonderful juice and marvelous people here and I was vaping some decent juice from Mt. Baker Vapor at about 24mg nic. That carto tank and decent juice were the ticket to finally kick the analog's ....!

For some of us, maybe most of us I believe, there's a certain threshold of euipment/juice quality we have to reach before we are satisfied enough to make the break from the stinkies. For some, the threshold is quite low and the cig-a-likes work just fine for them. For me, that carto tank and soon after a couple eGo Twists and ViVi Nova tanks and HHV NETs were what it took to sustain that satisfaction and I'm still satisfied using the simpler stuff, i.e. Evods and Protanks have taken the place of the Novas. I do have a couple of RBAs to tinker around with, but my main "Go To" devices are Ego Twists and clearomizers just for the simplicity of them.

If it works and ain't broke, don't fix it!

Congrats on giving up the cigs! :toast:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Thanks Chakris, I started off with the Blu and didn't last a week with them before I went to the egos and evods. I've been vaping 4 months and I'm not totally off analogs yet but I've gone from 2 packs a day to 2-3 cigs a day and I'm fine with that for now . I might give WTA a shot too . The mornings are the hardest for me but after that I'm good to go but it does take a lot of vaping .

I still use ego vvs and evods for out and about you can't beat them for that . I got the vamo for the economics of it and to save wear and tear on my egos .
But the vamo ain't practical for doing yard work and I've got enough of that to do. I would imagine the climate here is pretty similar to where you're at mid 90s with humidity to match . It gets hard to keep up with at this time of year. I've got to get a lanyard for my egos I've already made the mistake of dropping one out of my pocket and running over it with the lawnmower. But I'm happy with what I've got right now , and sooner or later I'll just forget to buy cigarettes and that will be the end of it.

Now that's not to say that I'm not going to get a couple more mods or give dripping a try, I've got plans for both but like I said I need quantity right now and I'll depend on Heather's for the quality .

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Thanks Chakris, I started off with the Blu and didn't last a week with them before I went to the egos and evods. I've been vaping 4 months and I'm not totally off analogs yet but I've gone from 2 packs a day to 2-3 cigs a day and I'm fine with that for now . I might give WTA a shot too . The mornings are the hardest for me but after that I'm good to go but it does take a lot of vaping .

I still use ego vvs and evods for out and about you can't beat them for that . I got the vamo for the economics of it and to save wear and tear on my egos .
But the vamo ain't practical for doing yard work and I've got enough of that to do. I would imagine the climate here is pretty similar to where you're at mid 90s with humidity to match . It gets hard to keep up with at this time of year. I've got to get a lanyard for my egos I've already made the mistake of dropping one out of my pocket and running over it with the lawnmower. But I'm happy with what I've got right now , and sooner or later I'll just forget to buy cigarettes and that will be the end of it.

Now that's not to say that I'm not going to get a couple more mods or give dripping a try, I've got plans for both but like I said I need quantity right now and I'll depend on Heather's for the quality .

I hear ya, Retic. I've been doing a bit of backsliding since I cut my nic down to 6mg the last couple orders - one or two every once in a while. Are you smoking regular strength? I switched to lights years ago, but it was really just a numbers game - I may have decreased the amount of nicotine, but smoked half a pack more a day. Marlboro lights 1 1/2 PAD.

Agreed, the eGo are great for out and about - another mod that is good for that are the bottom feeders like the Vmod and REOs, they give the taste of dripping without being tied to the juice bottle and they are rugged. PapawBret on the BIG thread swears by them - he drives a truck and says his REO is indestructible. I'll have to ask if it's mower proof, through. ;)

Oh yeah, it do get warm & sticky out here. Any time the temp drops below 80, they locals get out their scarves and winter coats.

Vape on Bru, one of these days you will forget to buy the cigs. I keep asking myself, "Aside from the nic fix, what is the advantage of smoking this stinky thing?" I can't honestly say. Sometimes I find inhaling deeper and holding it in longer helps get me through the craving.

Good luck with that and welcome to the Army!!! :toast:

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
I hear ya, Retic. I've been doing a bit of backsliding since I cut my nic down to 6mg the last couple orders - one or two every once in a while. Are you smoking regular strength? I switched to lights years ago, but it was really just a numbers game - I may have decreased the amount of nicotine, but smoked half a pack more a day. Marlboro lights 1 1/2 PAD. Agreed, the eGo are great for out and about - another mod that is good for that are the bottom feeders like the Vmod and REOs, they give the taste of dripping without being tied to the juice bottle and they are rugged. PapawBret on the BIG thread swears by them - he drives a truck and says his REO is indestructible. I'll have to ask if it's mower proof, through. ;) Oh yeah, it do get warm & sticky out here. Any time the temp drops below 80, they locals get out their scarves and winter coats. Vape on Bru, one of these days you will forget to buy the cigs. I keep asking myself, "Aside from the nic fix, what is the advantage of smoking this stinky thing?" I can't honestly say. Sometimes I find inhaling deeper and holding it in longer helps get me through the craving. Good luck with that and welcome to the Army!!! :toast:
Hey Chakris, thanks for the welcome , and to answer your question I smoke American Spirit black perique blend. It's probably one of the strongest cigarettes you can buy . It's pure tobacco and additive free but it is still smoke so it can't be good . I've tried lights but just wound up smoking more of them. As far as the REO goes I've looked at them and I'd love to get one but right now my sanity is calling for a man-cave and I've got to prioritise lol. I'm thinking about asking my buddy to come up with something for us. This guy designs and builds laser systems for manufacturing use and 12 ft tall tesla coils for fun. I think the last one he built output hundreds of thousands of volts and he rented out to a local haunted house attraction . He basically has a full blown electronics lab and workshop at his house . I've just got to make sure he understands that I'm not looking to blow up the moon or anything . It should be interesting to see what he comes up with as long as it ain't lethal and it doesn't burn my eyebrows off . I'll keep y'all posted .

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Hey Chakris, thanks for the welcome , and to answer your question I smoke American Spirit black perique blend. It's probably one of the strongest cigarettes you can buy . It's pure tobacco and additive free but it is still smoke so it can't be good . I've tried lights but just wound up smoking more of them. As far as the REO goes I've looked at them and I'd love to get one but right now my sanity is calling for a man-cave and I've got to prioritise lol. I'm thinking about asking my buddy to come up with something for us. This guy designs and builds laser systems for manufacturing use and 12 ft tall tesla coils for fun. I think the last one he built output hundreds of thousands of volts and he rented out to a local haunted house attraction . He basically has a full blown electronics lab and workshop at his house . I've just got to make sure he understands that I'm not looking to blow up the moon or anything . It should be interesting to see what he comes up with as long as it ain't lethal and it doesn't burn my eyebrows off . I'll keep y'all posted .

Wouldn't that be cool to flip on a tiny laser instead of wrapping coils to heat our juice. Sounds like patten time... ;)

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Wouldn't that be cool to flip on a tiny laser instead of wrapping coils to heat our juice. Sounds like patten time... ;)

Shhhhhh... ;-) the trick is finding the right type laser that that is strong enough to vaporize the juice without destroying the volatile compounds in the juice. Battery life would be improved as well. Designed with a modified bottom feeding atty system, you could end up with a killer device.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Shhhhhh... ;-) the trick is finding the right type laser that that is strong enough to vaporize the juice without destroying the volatile compounds in the juice. Battery life would be improved as well. Designed with a modified bottom feeding atty system, you could end up with a killer device.
Lasers and vaping -------HELL YEAH! I was too fired up yesterday with the news on the Big Thread to even think about the implications . But now y'all got me pondering , I'm gonna find out about it , I'm pretty sure it could be done but don't know how much it'll cost. I'll let y'all know .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread