The Iatty is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Many thanks to all those that helped me get this going. I used to not be a 3.7v guy due to lack of flavor and throat hit. Thats all changing now.
I've been able to wrap some tight little 1.2-1.3 ohm coils that blow my mind.

I brought the iatty into our 8:30 production meeting and i had 5 guys all hitting on the thing non stop trying to kill my coil. Reminded me of college... em, when we shared the only calculator, yea, thats it, the calculator...don't bogard the calculator we used to say...

I can only imagine what the new iatty will be like. Looks like they'll be out for Christmas? How cool is that?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I am glad that Iatty is so strong guys! The multiatty will be strong as the Iatty but different. I hope that I will be able to show you soon. But I just learned that customs will have a 10 days strike in Greece starting from tomorow, so the custom ceramic will not be as soon as I thought in my hands

gratefulbuddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2010
KC MO USA
I'm coming up on 2 months with my original 3Ω coil. I have had to replace the wick once about one month in but otherwise still hitting just as good as ever. Running at 6v using all the supplies that came with the iatty. I have some silver nr wire, some of the e2 wick and some different kanthal to try but I don't want to tear this apart unless I need to. So far so great.

Poppa D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I'm coming up on 2 months with my original 3Ω coil. I have had to replace the wick once about one month in but otherwise still hitting just as good as ever. Running at 6v using all the supplies that came with the iatty. I have some silver nr wire, some of the e2 wick and some different kanthal to try but I don't want to tear this apart unless I need to. So far so great.

That is impressive!

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
My fire button is now getting hot so I think I may have a short. I played hooky today just to play with the iatty.

The biggest newbie iAtty mistake I made was over wrapping the NR wires and like most figured more contact area better current but the action of overlapping the NR wires around the center post wont allow the plastics to seat right causing to much air flow causing a huge loss in vapor production... so RULE #1 don't overlap the wires its like GHOST BUSTERS don't cross the streams RAY.... I have also found thinner wire takes less length to make higher ohm coils and I find that Kanthal A works better than Nichrome for larger ohm coils.... 1mm Crimp beads are your friend and make a very clean connection and are less likely to cause a short long as you make sure to not make contact with the top cone.... and as far as wick is concerned my best results have been with XC-116 that has been Kiln heated not only does it seem to have a better flavor than torch treated XC-116 it is less brittle and does not lose as many fibers as torch treated XC-116... so that being said I guess Im going to need to make friends with the art teacher at the local high school pottery department and get her to Kiln treat all my wick material...

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Para
What r wire and wick do you use to get to 3.4 ohm? I can't seem to make a HV coil that will last longer than a few hours on hv

.13 or .16 mm kanthal
XC 116 ceramic wicking

I never use anything below 3 ohms anymore. Higher resistance and VV provides (for me) the best vaping experience; so much so I made a dedicated VV PV for the Iatty.

Torqueguy

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Thanks. And I like your avatar. I kept trying to swat it while I read this! You got me

.13 or .16 mm kanthal
XC 116 ceramic wicking

I never use anything below 3 ohms anymore. Higher resistance and VV provides (for me) the best vaping experience; so much so I made a dedicated VV PV for the Iatty.

RippleInStillWater

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I am glad that Iatty is so strong guys! The multiatty will be strong as the Iatty but different. I hope that I will be able to show you soon. But I just learned that customs will have a 10 days strike in Greece starting from tomorow, so the custom ceramic will not be as soon as I thought in my hands

Can you take a road trip up to albania to mail the UFSs next week?!?!?!? 8-o8-o8-o

I totally agree with you TG! I had to snap up a 2nd I-atty just to make the sure the first one didn't explode... What could Imeo do to make this better, I have no clue.

Did the same!!!:laugh: And its almost idot proof once you get the hang of it -- but that;s the way it is with most of the GG line.....:)

You guys are starting to make me want to try HV. I can't seem to keep a wick and coil combo past 3 or 4 days. Much better then my origional 1-2 but a month or 2 would be great.

I made myself a 4 ohm coil and I am rocking 7.4 like I never have before and I have tried the crap out of HV attys before, 306s, 510s, 901s, even 801s, and never felt this type of vape.:thumb:

I almost never smoked 3,7 volt Para. Its useless to me. Its like I vape pure oxygen lol

You remind me of my friend Jill who vapes 48mg becuase otherwise there's not enough hit -- like a buddy of mine used to say, if you ain't hacking, you ain't trying, huh, Imeo?!?!??! :lol::lol::lol:

Rick.45cal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Lakeland Florida
I almost never smoked 3,7 volt Para. Its useless to me. Its like I vape pure oxygen lol

3.7 and low wattages are too much work to get vapor for me. It's akin to smoking a capri cig... sucking through a coffee stirrer.

HV really shines with iAtty, IMHO. It's going to be hard to top the iAtty... that being said... I have no doubt you will blow my mind again Imeo.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Picture124.jpg

I tried to top it, just not going to happen.

32 awg Kanthal A-1 + nextel 116= perfect !

Very happy with the 32 awg kanthal a-1, trying to find some 30 or 28 also. Plenty of kanthal D in those sizes, but no A-1.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
3.7 and low wattages are too much work to get vapor for me. It's akin to smoking a capri cig... sucking through a coffee stirrer.

HV really shines with iAtty, IMHO. It's going to be hard to top the iAtty... that being said... I have no doubt you will blow my mind again Imeo.

I will do it for sure Rick. I only need the stuff I ordered to see how it really works!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread