The [Idiots] Beginners Guide to e-smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Being relatively new to e-smoking myself, and being a total eejit when it comes to abbreviations, shorthand, and forum-speak etc :oops: I thought it'd be a good idea to collate our language and pass it on, for the benefit of the new users.

I'll start with what I've learnt:

901 = the usual [generic] model of e-cig that looks like a real cig, tends to be the 'newbies' best seller

E juice= Nicoteine juice that can be used to either fill up a cartridge [topping off] or added straight to the atomizer [dripping].

Topping off = adding a few drops of ejuice to a spent cartridge

Dripping= dropping a couple of drops (the juice should come in a 'dropper' bottle) straight onto the atomizer.

TW= Totally Wicked ejuice

vaping= the appearence of smoke, except, unlike smoke, it's vapour exiting from your mouth.

Carts= catridges, either full [of nicoteine juice] or empty (if you buy them empty). Can be reused by adding e Juice.

Please feel free to add/correct as appropriate. :)

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Forgot to add; Dse901 and Dse901b are the same model. The b stands for black, rather than the original white. :)

Penstyle = quite literally means that it looks like pen, rather than a traditional cigarette.

The Pen looks like a sharpie marker, get your facts straight Weegie ;) :D ... j/k ...

DSE901 and DSE901b - If they come in any color other than white with gold writing, they are actually an RN4075.

A true DSE901 has gold writing on the atomizer.

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
burd, you hit a lot of the jargon that might confuse someone new. that was thoughtful.

I know, still being knew at this, that I've got a lot of it wrong but it I hope we can help a wee bit. :)

The Pen looks like a sharpie marker, get your facts straight Weegie ;) :D ... j/k ...

DSE901 and DSE901b - If they come in any color other than white with gold writing, they are actually an RN4075.

A true DSE901 has gold writing on the atomizer.

Right on cue I've got it wrong... :D

I had to google sharpie markie to compare. *mortified*

The RN4075 (to you guys) is our [as newbiews] 901. ;);)

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
I hate to say it, but same difference...as far as basic looks...don't know about the quality, i tend to think they are real close. Then you gotta look at warranty and customer service. Cash is a bit sensitive when it comes to this subject cuz he carries the 901 and knows a bit more about the differences than most. I will say if they are basically the same thing, do a search, you will see Mr. Cash has an incredible rep for speedy shipping and great customer service. warranty is a bit short, but if anyone gives a longer one than him, make sure to ask around, or search to make sure that they honor their warranty. I know cash does honor his and is very quick to respond to your concerns....no cash didn't pay me.

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I wish I hadn't started this now. :oops:

I just wanted to break through the jargon, I couldn't give a flying **** about the individual cigs - man mind thyself, I'm finding the ones that work for me. ;)

Vaping, dripping, topping off... they're all phrases I'm using in everyday language. A couple of weeks ago I didn't know what they meant... :cry: :p

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
don't let us get your thread off track. this is to help newbies learn what the heck we are talking about. Makes sense to me. I am still trying to figure a few of the three letter abbreviations that is used on this forum. I am not far from being a newbie myself.

Cheers Kimmie, maybe somone will come along and do it properly. :p

Sorry if I sounded arsey in my last reply,I didn't mean to, I'm tired (well, it is silly o'clock in Glasgow right now).

Off to bed now with my 901, or is that RN4075, actually it's my Sharpie Marker style... maybe I'd be better sticking with my Golden Virginia Rollie (GVR Lou101) model. :D

This e-cig malarky really is a language all of its own. :cry:

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the original dse 901 and the RN 901 version do have differences apart from colour.. kind of the same but not the same.. they come from different chinese factories..

the more common RN version runs hotter than the original dse 901.. this does affect the taste and vapour production.. it also probably affects battery run time.. heat needs battery power.. the original cooler running dse901 will probably have a longer battery run time then the RN type..

this aint newbie stuff but some might find it useful..

trog

ps... we have batch tested both types..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread