RDA The Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
Mine currently has a 26g 3mm 6w dual 0.5Ω.
The coils are filled with KGD even a bulge at the bottom and I cut them about 4mm above the coils.
Its running fine.
Did you check the coils were glowing evenly ?

I have the same setup on my Marquis and it's working great. Taste and decent vapor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ok, have the Ivogo Marquis clone. Looks good. Couple of things though so far..

1. the positivepost screw doesn't have the extra washer-like extension that the authentic does. Makes it a little less convenient.

2. One of the building rods doesn't seat very well in the base hole for vertical builds. Might be able to fix that though.

3. Barrel fit onto the base is very tight but i think that is true of the authentic also.

Other than that its a nice clone! Pretty well machined, no rough edges to speak of!

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I just got a Marquis clone as a free cny gift. I would've never bought it as I didn't get the construction, but I love it. Fantastic flavour, easy to build, fits tons of liquid, pretty much leak proof. Mine doesn't have the washer on the positive post though which is a bit annoying, and the positive pin sticks out way too much.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Since I rely on it the missing washer on the positive screw keeps me from getting a clone. Although I've seen some reviewers note that one of the extra screws in the Goodie Bag has the washer.

I will have a look to see if I have such a washer screw!! Thanks of the heads up either way!

Pocha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ok, have the Ivogo Marquis clone. Looks good. Couple of things though so far..

1. the positivepost screw doesn't have the extra washer-like extension that the authentic does. Makes it a little less convenient.

Check your spares. My Ivogo didn't come with the washer-screw installed but it was in the spares! Go figure.

edit...oops I see somene already let you know. carry on.

Last edited:

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Ok guys, any idea how to solve an issue with the center post spinning? I love everything about this RDA (Tobecco clone), but the spinning center post is driving me nuts. It's workable but I'd like it to be perfect :oops:

tighten the adjustable 510 screw and hold the post in place. worked for every tobeco clone i own.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
Been loving mine with dual 28g kanthal 5-wrapped (at I dunno which diameter) @ 0.6 ohms. Run it between 15-22w. Thick, flavorful, and lovely.
Doesn't burn through as much juice as I'd have thought. My only complaint is I do not consider this thing all that leak resistant - better than most, yes, but certainly nowhere near as leak-free as the Veritas. Veritas is now my take-out and walk-around RDA for me... very pocketable. The Marquis on the other hand inevitably drips out the airholes if I don't close them comepletey, and/or the driptip cap pops off in my pocket. I take it out if I bring a case now and again, but otherwise it's the home vape. I'm retiring the Plume Veil altogether. These two, with occasional IGO-W puffs, are pretty much all I need.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
I have been out of the buying game for awhile. I haven't bought anything new for probably 2 years. I have been using HH357's in my AMP tank for a long time.
Caught the bug again and have been researching a lot recently. A lot changes when you skip about 2 generations in atomizers and builds.
I should be getting my Marquis in the mail today and I am really anticipating the new build. I have always loved Avid's builds and quality of their products. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

LKILO

Jan 25, 2015
Columbus, GA
Just got the tobbeco clone. This thing is amazing, flavor is all there, and because of the amount of wire that is trapped u can run lower omhs at lower watts. Awesome piece of hardware. Straighten a paper clip and wicking is a cinch.
.37 26g gplat 8 wraps at 25w = plume clone .32 kanthal 24g 7 wraps at 90w both dual coil
with draggo cotton
Also came with the washer head screw and a spare. That's another reason if my brick and mortar Rivertownvapor don't have it I don't buy it!

Last edited:

Jace1970

Apr 2, 2015
Bali, Indonesia
Got my Tobeco Marquis today. Very well made, spinning centre post now fixed thanks to users advice on this thread. Got a single 26g 3mm 9 wrap coming in at 1.1ohm on a 50w iStick at 20-25w and I can't fault it. Great flavour, no leaks. Wicked following the straightened paper clip and stuff the wick down the middle of the coil to the bottom and trim top to about 2-3 mm above the deck method as seen on youtube No dry hits, dense vapour and it holds a good amount of juice too.
Only bummer is I didn't get the fixed washer top screw with my kit :( I wont be building dual coils in this and its easy enough to wrap the 26g around the top screw once anyway. Very pleased.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
Since I did not have a device that could do sub ohm, I was using a single coil at 2ohm for a couple days on my old dna20 board. Yesterday went to the local jvapor store and picked up a Dovpo Mini 50w mod. I love this thing, so compact and feels good in the hand. I also got my Revolver Coil jig in the mail, so I decided to wrap me some coils to go dual coil. Got two perfect coils wrapped and running .6 right now. The Marquis is vaping like a beast now. Amazing difference going with dual coil. Hitting 30w and I will see how much further I can go later.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
20150406_063939.jpg

I posted this in the SX thread but, thought I'd put it here in case anyone wants to see the Marquis on the SX Mini S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread