Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Announcement!

The PVT crew would like to take this time to thank all our members, participants and vets for making the pre-veteran celebrations such a success. It's been so much fun doing these parties and welcome threads. We are, however, getting rather worn out.

Keeping up with this for the last two years, with parties happening at any time of day on any day is a bit challenging. We've decided to close it down "when the ball drops". Parties scheduled through December remain, however reservations for January or later are not being taken.

Even though pvt is closing we'd be more than happy to provide start-up assistance to anyone that wants to keep the celebrations going in whatever form they choose for 2013. If you would like to help celebrate veteran turnings in 2013, please post here!

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The PVT crew would like to take this time to thank all our members, participants and vets for helping make the pre-veteran celebrations such a success. It's been so much fun doing these parties and welcome threads; we are, however, getting rather worn out.
Keeping up with this for the last two years, with parties happening at any time of day on any day can be a bit challenging. The "old PVT crew" is just getting tired. So we have two options: 1) Adopt a new crew, or 2) close it down at the end of this year.

If you want PVT to continue, you may volunteer to "Be the new crew" by posting a message to this effect in the main PVT thread. You'll need to watch the thread daily, maintain lists of participants, participate in "turnings", and create welcome threads. Maybe you'd like to reinvent it? Come up with a completely new gig! Cool. You'll need to take over starting January 1, 2013. If nobody volunteers, we'll just close it down "when the ball drops".

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
PVT Volunteers Needed!

The PVT crew would like to take this time to thank all our members, participants and vets for helping make the pre-veteran celebrations such a success. It's been so much fun doing these parties and welcome threads; we are, however, getting rather worn out.
Keeping up with this for the last two years, with parties happening at any time of day on any day can be a bit challenging. The "old PVT crew" is just getting tired. So we have two options: 1) Adopt a new crew, or 2) close it down at the end of this year.

If you want PVT to continue, you may volunteer to "Be the new crew" by posting a message to this effect in the main PVT thread. You'll need to watch the thread daily, maintain lists of participants, participate in "turnings", and create welcome threads. Maybe you'd like to reinvent it? Come up with a completely new gig! Cool. You'll need to take over starting January 1, 2013. If nobody volunteers, we'll have to close it down "when the ball drops.''

Times for our turnings are all Eastern and looked up by an ECF Moderator.
Dates are checked by at least two people but, when dealing with different time zones and the forum software not recognizing leap year, mistakes can happen. ;)

If you don't see yourself listed, or don't see a theme listed for your day and you want one, let us know.
Your presence on the PreVet thread is required if you requested an Avatar Party. Please, join us in advance of your turning time and enjoy the celebration.

November
November 26 - lilac7779 - (20:22 = 8:25 PM) Avatar Party: Autumn and Christmas {Starry}
November 29 - L7D4N - (0:38 = 1:25 AM) Welcome thread only {catt}

December
December 11 - Slowone2 - (17:20 = 5:25 PM) Avatar Party: Rotties, gals and classic cars
December 12 - AmberB - (???) Avatar Party: Dobermans {Fudgey} <<< TIME NEEDED >>>
December 12 - katann23 - (???) Avatar Party: Frogs and Xmas Lights {open} <<< TIME NEEDED >>>
December 16 - siampumpkin - (5:30 = 6:25 AM) Avatar Party: Pumpkins {starry}
December 18 - Constantine - (9:56 = 10:25 AM) Avatar Party: Dragons {starry}

This Month's Calendar

Please, note: Anniversaries & Birthdays are now kept separate from Pre-vet list:)

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
you're doing a great job with this. I think running it by itself, as well as part of the list is a good idea, and starting it on a day with no turnings

I have only one suggestion. What about changing: "The 'old PVT crew' is just getting tired." to "It's time for the 'old PVT crew' to step down"

I'm ok with it either way though

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
you're doing a great job with this. I think running it by itself, as well as part of the list is a good idea, and starting it on a day with no turnings

I have only one suggestion. What about changing: "The 'old PVT crew' is just getting tired." to "It's time for the 'old PVT crew' to step down"

I'm ok with it either way though

I just removed it entirely. ;) That should make Tibby happy too.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
it's not horrible, classy - pvt can be a lot of fun. but right now it's dying and we are worn out. and i don't see much of a chance of anybody new stepping up.
just look at the statistics - 2012 until 9-01 (8 months) >>>>>>>.. Replies: 90,227 Views: 726,984
2012 from 9-01 (3 months) >>>>>>>>>>> Replies: 9,836 Views: 40,109

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread