Status
Not open for further replies.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I understand that a lot of our 'blood, sweat and tears' (and smiles and laughter) have gone into the PVT and this leads to an emotional attachment. But, the current crew is going to relinquish it's ownership of the thread at year's end. The concept, however, will always be Whiskey's (and ours :)).

If the current PVT thread can continue with a new crew, I'm all for it. Even if the Thread is closed at the end of the year, this doesn't preclude the possibility of someone starting another one at some future time.

I like the current version of "The Message". I think that having it as a separate post just before the List post may make it stand out a bit more.

Excellent work!!

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
The thing is, when we started out, we never knew what time a turning would occur. That was half the fun :D

but who'd be online now to check every hour on the hour to see if a turning occurs? we all breathed a sigh of relief when juicy found a way to narrow it down :D

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    well - if there's a continuation or not, the 2012 thread would be closed anyhow on 12-31 ............

and yes, j0ker is the one to decide on a 2013 contest if it happens. somehow, i don't think that's a go either. he seems to be much busier in the rw than ever before. the ecf store is still down from september, there have been no mini contests since then and i had to remind him to run the monthly drawing for october when he ran days late.

back to pvt - instead of offering to hand over our baby we can rephrase it along those lines - ''even though pvt is closing we'd be more than happy to provide start-up assistance to anybody who wants to keep the celebrations going''

I agree. It should be closed.

CES

optimistic cynic
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Birmingham, Al
    I'm good with the version currently on page one.
    this:

Announcement!

The PVT crew would like to take this time to thank all our members, participants and vets for helping make the pre-veteran celebrations such a success. It's been so much fun doing these parties and welcome threads. We are, however, getting rather worn out.

Keeping up with this for the last two years, with parties happening at any time of day on any day is a bit challenging. We've decided to close it down "when the ball drops". Parties scheduled through December remain, however reservations for January or later are not being taken.

Even though pvt is closing we'd be more than happy to provide start-up assistance to anyone that wants to keep the celebrations going in whatever form they choose for 2013.

Posting separately prior to or after the list is good at first. as we get towards the end of December and the list dwindles, we can incorporate the list into the announcement might be good
    something like this:

The PVT crew would like to take this time to thank all our members, participants and vets for helping make the pre-veteran celebrations such a success. It's been so much fun doing these parties and welcome threads. We are, however, getting rather worn out.

Keeping up with this for the last two years, with parties happening at any time of day on any day is a bit challenging. We've decided to close it down "when the ball drops". Parties scheduled through December remain,

{insert remaining prevets here}

However reservations for January or later are not being taken.

Even though pvt is closing we'd be more than happy to provide start-up assistance to anyone that wants to keep the celebrations going in whatever form they choose for 2013.

(with or without the reference to start up assistance to another crew)

TomCatt

Da Catt
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Upland, PA
    OK, so now we have post #1, and post #40 (old way).

IDK which one you meant that you liked, Tom...

Well, seeing as how you all changed it up in the middle of my composition, I was referencing the 'old way' (post #40). However, either one is fine with me. Like the tibster said, the Thread will be closed at the end of the year (as has been done before); so it's six of one, a half dozen of the other ;).

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    That's what I love about you Tibby....you don't give up easily! lol.

Of course, the current 2012 thread will be closed no matter what. That's not even a question. The current offer of helping anyone that wants to "pick it up in some form", and if classy will still help, are the only issues.

yup! ;) and what i love most is our crew doesn't have a problem discussing different options ...

lord, i'm gonna miss you guys :cry:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread