Status
Not open for further replies.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/cornell-diehl/shandygaff/product_id/164537

Extracted - January of 2022
Mixed (30/70 w/10mg Nic) August 2022

A mixture of Burley, Turkish and Perique that was developed by Atlas Blending Corp. Cornell & Diehl bought the rights from Atlas Blending.
Described as a Medium tobacco with a taste of ginger and salty sea air. I don't know about that, but it produces a mild-medium to medium vaping experience. The Burley and Turkish own the blend. The Burley is the earthy, almost nutty type. The Turkish is similar to cheap generic cigarettes. Yet the blend still comes off smooth, as the Burley and Turkish play well together. The Perique is barely a condiment flavor, perhaps adding a little peppery aftertaste.
I really can't compare this blend to anything, it has it's own flavor. Don't know if I will reorder. Most reviews online are either love or hate, I would rate it slightly higher than "meh". It's not offensive in any way, but it is rather plain.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Brigadier Black Alamo - Pipes and Cigars

Extracted (Cold Maceration) - Winter 2022
Mixed (30/70 w/10mg nicotine) - 10/7/2022

After about a three week steep, I revisited the Brigadier Black Alamo. I extracted this flavor last year but can't remember if I had done it Heated Ethanol or Cold Maceration.
An "Old Codger" Burley is the base of this selection. Various websites seem to differ on the blend and top notes, but it's pretty obvious to me this uses a stout Burley, then sweetens the Burley in various ways. A Black Cavendish is added, which by itself would sweeten and soften the flavor. But this Cavendish has a top note that I personally would describe as something similar to a Mocha Latte, some cocoa and coffee notes, and maybe a touch of vanilla to sweeten it even more.
The Burley is stout enough to keep this from becoming on overly-sweet "dessert vape". The additives keep it from being a true tobacco vape. The flavor and strength are probably a touch below "medium", but it still makes for an enjoyable vaping flavor.
Will be on the 'reorder' list for awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread