Thoughts on Beginning to Extract Tobacco Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
WoW..a whole lot of information in such a short space.
I'm sitting here thinking how previliged we, that came along later are. We step into this wonderful forum and almost instantly find all the info we need to make quality liquid ... the right way.
A HUGE Thank You goes out to all you stalwarts for unselfishly sharing your knowledge and experience. It is very much appreciated :thumbs:
Try not to lift or move to jars any more than absolutely necessary. Every motion will stir up particles and sediment that you are trying to avoid.
I do have a question about this. Why does it matter if particles and sediment are disturbed...I mean its all going to be filtered in the end?

Last edited:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I do have a question about this. Why does it matter if particles and sediment are disturbed...I mean its all going to be filtered in the end?

That comment was made in reference to "sneaking" a ml or so of the top of an unfiltered extraction just to get a idea of what it tastes like. It is still better to wait for the finished product, though.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
once you have a year or two of extract on hand, patience will no longer be a problem.

Yeah... I learned early to put away (steep) at least a jar a month for a while... then, the “waiting sickness” kinda faded away over time, as my stock of finished NET amassed. Now, I have jars that sit around for a year or more, steeping to glorious perfection, due to the volume of my current NET stock. :cool:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I may be a glutton for punishment but I'm real tempted to try this given the progressively more restrictive rules and regulations being put into effect by the various gubmints and regulatory agencies. Plus I always did like the flavor of tobacco anyway.
Turned out much easier and more rewarding than I anticipated to make it. The flavors i'm experiencing takes vaping to the next level for me...second hobby.
Hell I took a drag of a smoke the other day, and to my reconing vaping NET takes smoking to different level. This is how a cigarette should've tasted.
I see myself as an organic smoker now :p

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
I may be a glutton for punishment but I'm real tempted to try this given the progressively more restrictive rules and regulations being put into effect by the various gubmints and regulatory agencies. Plus I always did like the flavor of tobacco anyway.

It will take some trial and error, but finding NET flavors that you like are worth it.
Currently sitting in line, waiting to get unloaded. Vaping on some home extracted Home and Hearth Midtown Chestnut. A complex blend of six tobaccos that is quite satisfying.
Second time in three years I have extracted this flavor. The Latakia is a little milder, which makes it more enjoyable for me personally.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
will take some trial and error, but finding NET flavors that you like are worth it.

True and wise words.

I’m nursing an extraction of (Pre-Peterson addition) Royal Yacht at the moment; one of my favs. That and some Solani Aged Burley are my mainstays; took me 4 years of extractions to find that magic.

I enjoyed the journey though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread