The Moment You Quit For Good

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinolofus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2008
chicago
i dont crave cigs anymore and pretty much havent since about a week or 2 after i started vaping again a yr ago. i did buy a pack of cigs a few months ago though. my dog had to be dropped off over night for surgery the next day and the chance of her surviving was only 20%. i needed real cigs and i sucked them down with no problem. luckily she survived and i havent wanted a cig since then.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
For me it was May 2, 2011, shortly after 1:00 am. We went in hot and we went in fast into that compound and within minutes, that militant bearded al-Qaeda turdbass lay dead in front of me. We hauled his lifeless, shower-less-for-months (Seriously, is this why these people hate us? Because we can afford to bathe?) body to the chopper and within second of listening to whir of the blades after the wheels up call, the shocked look on his face from when I put a couple of rounds in his forehead still playing in my mind. Normally after a night of terminating with extreme prejudice we celebrate in the extract vehicle with cigars or cigarettes as a glory smoke but on that night I had no desire. Instead I pulled out my favorite Razzleberry Hubba Bubba Gum e-juice and vaped the night away. That was when I knew I was a vaper....and a hell of a shot.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
nope.. nothing exciting like doing the drill on a live tango or anything like that. i did cold turkey once and know that first smoke from here one will taste nasty. but also know that given chance, i'll smoke again. so.. i had one cig left when i came home on 11/13/2014. check the mail and last piece of my set up was in. i smoked my last cig setting that thing up and that was it. no more smoke since.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
A friend offered me one while she was smoking one night. I couldn't stand the smell of her cigarette. That's when I knew.

lol. It's the smell, more than all the other stuff, that turns me off analogs. The other stuff counts too, of course, but the "immediate negative impact" is the smell.

Like when you're in public and a smoker has walked by somewhere in the last few minutes and you can smell their "trail" even if they didn't have a cig lit. Happens in the store or other public places all the time. (now that I have my sense of smell back. ;) :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread