Status
Not open for further replies.

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
When I was 17 and smoking, sometimes my neighbor who was subbing at my school would drive me in. She was a smoker too and let me smoke in her car. Well, once some hots off of my cig flew into the back and burned her toddler. I wasn't allowed to smoke in the car when her daughter was along anymore. In hindsight, we shouldn't have been smoking with her in the car at all. As a parent, I never smoked in the car with my kids. My bad habit didn't need to affect them. Didn't smoke inside either.

I've also lit the wrong end many times over. And burned holes in clothing.

Once, after refilling my Zippo knock off I lit my hands on fire. It was winter, I had just taken a shower and my dry skin absorbed the fluid. o_O I never used that lighter again. Many times I had chemical burns on my upper thighs from lighter fluid leaking from an over filled Zippo in my pocket.

V_Joe1981

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2011
Eagan, MN.
With me, if a cig breaked in half or more I'd turn into mcguyver and fix it...even with see thru tape if the non tape way wasn't working.

I too lit the wrong end many times, had my best friends g/f at the time flick her cig out the window of the car only to smack me right in the eye cherry first while I was in the back seat.

With working security at a hospital in Warner robins GA. I smoked constantly outside and flicked my finished cigs where ever. It got so bad over the weeks, one of the higher-ups told all of security that we had to sweep up garbage all around the grounds of the hospital...might of been because of me and might not have, but it was pretty convenient timing lol.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
With me, if a cig breaked in half or more I'd turn into mcguyver and fix it...even with see thru tape if the non tape way wasn't working.

I've used first class postage stamps to mcguyver while in my car. Cherry in the eye, ouch.

I put a cigarette out in a potted plant on my brother's porch once. The potting soil was so dry that a half hour later we looked outside and the whole pot was on fire. Fortunately we caught it before the whole condo building burnt down.

Touch wood, but in my decades of smoking that was my only close call with fire and I was OCD careful from that point on. I'd triple check ashtrays and butts before I emptied them.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Smoking in the car is very inconvenient now. There are no more ashtrays built into the doors of new cars, so you either have to bring your own ashtray OR flick it out the window, which as you all know can cause serious problems.

That's a pet peeve of mine, especially with rentals. With the danger of forest fires from flicked cigarettes, every car should have an ashtray. Like not having an ashtray is ever going to stop someone from smoking.

Only a month before I started vaping I bought a factory ashtray for my car and the kit to convert an outlet to a lighter. While I don't use it anymore, I'm glad it's there.

Benla

May 17, 2012
Perth, Australia
on a first date.. put the cigarette to my mouth, then searched for my lighter, found the lighter and lit the cigarette.

Then went to remove the cigarette from my mouth, I must of had dry lips or something, because the cigarette got stuck to my lips. My fingers slid down the cigarette as I tried to remove it from my mouth and burned the inside of them, then the cigarette pulled away ripping the skin on both of my lips, (which btw, hurts like hell, and bleeds non stop)

Non smoker first date wasnt too impressed... :(

Punkndrublic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
Los Angeles
on a first date.. put the cigarette to my mouth, then searched for my lighter, found the lighter and lit the cigarette.

Then went to remove the cigarette from my mouth, I must of had dry lips or something, because the cigarette got stuck to my lips. My fingers slid down the cigarette as I tried to remove it from my mouth and burned the inside of them, then the cigarette pulled away ripping the skin on both of my lips, (which btw, hurts like hell, and bleeds non stop)

Non smoker first date wasnt too impressed... :(

LOL I've done this too! Totally looked like spazz

dgm76513

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2012
Belton, TX
Related to smoking, because it involves a lighter I had while I smoked. Here goes:

Last night I was lighting a fire out back. While sitting there I was holding the lighter in the same fashion I would a PV. Eventually, and without thinking, I lit the lighter in an attempt to vape it. I hadn't even realized what I had done until the smell of burning hair and immense heat overwhelmed my facial senses. Needless to say the lighter promptly found it's way back into it's proper place: my BOB. :facepalm:

JanuarySun

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Tennessee
Man, some of these stories are horrible but I have been laughing out of embarrassment and sympathy! I guess my worst one was when I took a road trip about...ew, 18 years ago, really? Yikes. Anyway, I was with a couple of friends of mine. We're listening to tunes, riding down country roadS, sunroof popped up...wonderful day. I flipped a cigarette out the window, and about three minutes later, I could smell something burning. I asked if my friend in the back seat was okay, and she said she couldn't smell anything. Another minute or so later, my upper arm started burning. That stupid cigarette had gotten sucked back in the sunroof and landed in the folds of my t-shirt, right at my armpit! We laughed so hard that we had to pull over. And of course, they made fun of me for MONTHS--"What's that smell? Is that something burning?"

And a related story--I was headed to a concert with a friend of mine. A good friend, but not a super close friend. Well, he dropped his cigarette in his lap, in the dark, as we were headed down a very curvy road. I saw the cigarette, but...it was right in his crotch and AWWWKWAAARRD! He managed to brush it off into the floor until we could find a place to pull over. He said, "Why didn't you grab that out of my lap!" I said, "Well...I didn't want to grab your crotch!" And he responded with something I couldn't argue with..."Well I would hope you'd make an exception if MY CROTCH IS ABOUT TO BE ON FIRE!"

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
"Why didn't you grab that out of my lap!" I said, "Well...I didn't want to grab your crotch!" And he responded with something I couldn't argue with..."Well I would hope you'd make an exception if MY CROTCH IS ABOUT TO BE ON FIRE!"

LOL.... I'm now going to use "I wouldn't grab HIS crotch if it was about to be on fire" to show my distaste for a guy. CLASSIC!

TigerLadyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Garland, TX
Not an embarrassing moment, but one that I will never forget due to the guilt it caused me at the time - and the fact that the guilt reminder still comes back from time to time to haunt me. One of my fur children is named Stormy Blue. I have had him since he was a few hours old. He was a late term miscarriage kitten and I tube fed and bottle raised him. He is 16 years old now and deeply, deeply loved...

Because Stormy Blue was premature, he had very little pelt. He looked pretty much like nothing more than a large sized newborn rat. His body was the length of my pinky finger, and I have small hands.... As he had no pelt, he was unable to maintain his body temperature and he also had to be fed every hour around the clock. So, since Stormy Blue had to go everywhere with me, (even to work), and he had to be kept warm, I started tucking him into my bra - between my boobies, (after fashioning a sort of small diaper for him to wear while in there).

One day, while Stormy Blue was in his usual spot in my bra, I was smoking away, chatting with my husband. The cherry fell off of the cigarette and into my bra - on top of Stormy Blue's head. Only thing is that I did not now it until this tiny little 7 day old kitten started screaming - and I was clueless as to WHY he was screaming until I pulled him out of my bra and saw the horrible blistered, burned area that covered 1/3 of the top of his precious tiny little head..... *cry*

It too me a long time to be able to forgive myself for causing my baby that harm.

~Tiger

IMAG0162.jpg

That's Stormy Blue on top of the pillow. Cole, (the black one), also a bottle baby, very recently passed away due to leukemia.

Last edited:

spookyelectric

May 30, 2012
Texas
Three come to mind, all car-related and similar to what others have posted. One day I was messing around with my hair or my face while I was at a red light. The hand that was doing the grooming also had a lit cig in it. I knocked the cherry off right on top of my head. I flailed and slapped to stop it from ruining my luxuriant locks.

Another time I was puffing on a small cigar while driving and for some reason I brought the back of my hand up to my face, forgetting that the cigar was much longer than a regular cig. I ended up with a nasty cigar burn on my hand that took weeks to heal!

Lastly, I have dropped lit cigarettes into my lap or into the crack between the seat and the door (which inevitably would lead to the trash strewn area underneath the seat) while the car was in motion. In the case of my lap I was horrified at the thought of burning my pants or worse yet my crotch. In the case of it falling on the floor, I was fearful of the whole damn car catching on fire so I would pull over to take care of it. Other times I would say a prayer and keep on trucking.

Oh, those were the days....

p.s. remembered one more: years and years ago I was riding in a pickup truck with my friend and his father. I was smoking a cigarette and when I was done, I flicked the .... out the window. The back window was open so the darn thing got sucked right back into the cab. It flew over my friend's head and down into the dashboard vent! My friend's father told me that if he saw any smoke coming from the vents it was going to be up to me to somehow produce liquid to put the fire out!

Last edited:

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
My husband and I (both smokers at the time) were returning from visiting my family. We were driving through Joliet and smelled a horrible smell...but that's to be expected. There are factories in the area.

We arrived home and opened the back doors to unload the car and we were horrified to find a cigarette burn on the back seat..but what was truly horrific is that the burn was next to the bullets and guns we had taken with us for target practice. That smell in Joliet wasn't the factories after all. I'm so glad my 15 minutes of fame didn't involve a news story about 2 idiots blowing up their car and other people as they drove down the freeway.

ohai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2012
Wichita, KS, United States
(...) So, since Stormy Blue had to go everywhere with me, (even to work), and he had to be kept warm, I started tucking him into my bra - between my boobies, (after fashioning a sort of small diaper for him to wear while in there).

Aw, you were bra-steeping him!

Stinknugget

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Philadelphia,Pa
Smoking in the car is very inconvenient now. There are no more ashtrays built into the doors of new cars, so you either have to bring your own ashtray OR flick it out the window, which as you all know can cause serious problems.

That...and the rain. Smoking just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread