Status
Not open for further replies.

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Its extremely delicate, if the juice is just a lil to thick, you get a serious wicking problem, you make it just a little thinner, and the reservoir gets full of juice, and you get a leaking problem. So imagen, when it gets a little warmer, it gets more fluid, and it leakes, when temperature falls a little, it wont wick enough. This G4 just doesn´t work as it is right now. It keeps reminding me to the C2, hitting the market, needing numerous revisions to get useable for normal consumers who want to use ist out of the box.

rabbit13

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2011
Los Angeles
you make it just a little thinner, and the reservoir gets full of juice, and you get a leaking problem.
Lol yep. Just found this out.

Sorry to hear that. I am using mine and I am happy with them.
I do think there is always room for improvement and will forward all the comments to the factory.
It's all good Bruce. Thanks for the fast shipping..
I agree the future of vaping is probably in some kind of disposable tank system, just not there yet..

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
Sorry to hear that. I am using mine and I am happy with them.
I do think there is always room for improvement and will forward all the comments to the factory.

At some moments I am very happy with them, when they work well they have a clean, sometimes crispy taste, the problem is they are not consistent. But then, I believe it can be a great carto if they fix the problems. I really like them but they give to much problems. As soon there will be a revision, will get some again.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I think mine's starting to kick in, because for the first time since I filled it, I didn't have to take a 10 second draw to get inhale flavor and vapor. I'll be buying a "true 3.7" in the GLV soon, as well as a cheap-o 5v PT to see how I like it. Assuming the other 5 in the box work similarly to the one I've been using for the past 3 days I really can't picture many negative attributes aside from the cold, un-flavorful inhale.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Well he are my two cents

Got mine last week.

First one used for about three days. Switching juices ect no problems draw was fine leaking was minimual better than any carto's I had used. My final switch was TV peach cobblier. Tasted great used it for a full day. Went to switch and could not get the peach taste out so had to switch to carto # two

Carto # 2 Juice seemed to go strait through it . could not use at all.

Carto # 3 was more carful and delibrate made sure juice went down the sidewall and not into the center tube. Also angled the drip tip on to center the center tube into the tip. Vaping like a champ. No leaking great flavor plan on using this for a few days'

I dont have one with me but I plan on dropping a toothpick into the center tube for filling and aligning the tube to the drip tip.

What I would like to see is some resistance options. a stainless option for out on the town.

I have 6 more before my final result is in but so far I like them better than the CE2's that I have been using exclusively.

I also plan on taking apart the two I ruined trying to clean by melting them in steaming water.

Of course there is always room for improvement. But these are good enough to get me by for awhile.

GJ COV

sincerely
bssage

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
In hindsight, some of the troubles can be from user error.

I tossed out the first one. On number two. Used a syringe this time with a needle, way less gurgle. While it seems feasible to fill down the side using a regular dropper or dropper tip, apparently liquid has the potential to get down into the straw, so use the syringe and put the syringe about half way down the side before beginning to fill.
It is apparent though that my first try on the first one had a leak because even before I put a drip tip on it, the liquid quickly disappeared from the top of the tube where with number two, it still appears full and the level is not going down.
I am also wondering about something. Put a drip tip on the first one. Yes, you have to get the straw dead center into the hole of the tip, if not, any slight pushing could possibly knock the straw loose.

G4 number two had the straw slightly off center so I opted not to get the drip tip in and used the rubber stopper.
So basically some of the troubles can be related to user error but I want to be able to use a drip tip!

I am also wondering if type of liquid plays a factor. First liquid I used is a very thin liquid. I opted for a slightly thicker not not super thick liquid on the second try. My tube is still full.
However, now that it has sat a few minutes in between puffs, I am getting the gurgle back so while I thought it was all me, it is not.

I blew it out, decent hit again. When it hits right, it is actually a likable accessory but when it acts up, not so much. What I also notice is condensation in the straw and wonder if that isn't part of the problem with the gurgle.

I will also add that I am vaping mine on a five volt device.

I desperately would like these to work well. I will say that the ease of use, even with having to use a syringe is far better than the clearomizers and the concept is spot on but here it is about fifteen minutes from when I started the original post, my mod has been sitting in an upright position the whole time and yep, right back to it being flooded. I just blew it out, wiped out my connector etc for the third time and it is back to hitting nicely.

I am looking forward to the manufacturer doing some type of revision on these things. I will definitely give them another whirl once that happens.

I am sending one of these out to two different people to try too.

ETA, on the glue thing. If you start to chain vape it, the bottom gets warm. We all know what happens with certain glues and silicons if heated, it reverses the process and might be cause for the base loosing and leaking. For now I would recommend to users to allow it to fully cool down and sit for a while before removing it from the connector as the twisting would loosen the warm sealant from the base causing even worse leaking.

I probably have given way more than my two cents. But I do hope it will lead to some fine tuning of a product that seems to have great potential.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I wouldn't bash cov....most long time customer's know Bruce is always bringing new products out for us to try. Anything new is a gamble. What you will notice is the stuff he keeps permanent is always tops in performance and pricing. If these little gadgets don't make it then he will move on. If they do get revised and turn into a great thing, he'll be tops in pricing and service to keep his customer's supplied.

Have I bought a few things that were not so hot, sure, but COV is my go to place on my boges and dual coils.

If you are really feeling that cheated etc, try dropping him an email and work it out so it will be fair to all concerned. I've never seen any evidence of him purposely doing wrong by any customer of his.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
OK ladies n germs, I just cracked open #2 and filled it with an 80pg20vg juice (not my favorite juice in case it bombed) and it has the gurgle and leak. I'm gonna dump it and fill it with a 50.50 juice to see if its the carto itself or the juice. If it is the juice I'll label it "NSFPG" Not Safe For PG. I'll update in a couple hours.

Next: I have successfully cleaned #1 under the faucet. I'm going to wait a few hours for it to dry and attempt to dry burn the coil to see if its possible. If it is, than it makes it 100x easier to clean than a metal ce2, and means there's no need for dis-assembly

EDIT: It's not the juice. #2 is a fail

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Number two is a dud here too. It was sitting upright in the mod, unused for over an hour. Came back down to find half the juice gone, my connector flooded out etc. What I also notice is that it is not leaking from the seal where the plastic goes around the bottom but through the bottom hole of the unit itself. So basically I am over my testing phase as I don't need my baby screwed up by liquid getting into my switch and all that fun jazz. Time to wipe down my desk, mod, keyboard and whatnot as I've made quite the little mess over the last day.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
1 good, 2 is a dud, 3 is a dud, 4 is REALLY good, actually lives up to the 2.5ohm rating because its hotter than #1, gets the flavor across better on the inhale and the TH is almost too hot. Have to take much shorter draws, and I lose out on vapor, but it hits like a camel unfiltered and the flavor is true. 5 is still in the wrapper, so best case scenario I get 3 out of 5. The hot one is getting a little strip of red electrical tape on it tho so that I know it's the hot one.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Cool lil gizmo!
Using EGO 650's.
Unflavored 24mg-70/30
510-2.5

1st one-threads VERY BAD, fit one batt out of 4. Leaked juice all out.

2nd thru 5th-thread check OK.
2nd one- very little TH or vapor. GURGLE,GURGLE,GURGLE. TAKE OFF-BLOW OUT,ECT,ECT................

Will throw away the 2, PIF 3, Never buy from this company again- Anything, ever. Back to BogeLR, Dualcoils.

I dont think this post was referring not to COV but rather the manufacture of the G4.

Number three is still vaping like a champ. I think what is happening is that the design of the carto relies on the surface tension of a drop of juice to keep it from flooding. If for some reason it floods (whatever reason) and the lower chamber has enough juice to reach the holes in the bottom of the top tube you will be unable to recover. Once the juice in the atty contacts the juice in the top there is no longer surface tension to keep the liquid from flowing between tube's.

IMHO
If the distance between the bottom chamber is increased so not let the juice from the bottom touch the top It would allow recovery from a flooded state.

I would also thread the bottom of the clear tube to the connector (thread ascending/descending) same as the connector. This would keep you from separating the carto tube and connector. This would make them super easy to clean or drain if flooded.

I like them so far. If any has a quantity the wish to get rid of and if the price is right PM me. I dont want to buy a hundred boxes from a hundred people paying for 100x shipping. The sale would have to make sense.

Last edited:

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I'm interested in this product as well.. Does this taste better than E2 clearomizer?

Very similar, but it's slightly cleaner, and the taste is constant through the whole fill where the ce2's wear off slowly, or don't always wick correctly. Just keep in mind what we've said here. Your odds are that 2 of the 5 will leak like crazy, but the ones that do work, actually work quite well.

I put a very potent citrus juice (FSUSA pink lemonade) in one of them, and that's a juice that would shatter a clearomizer.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Bruce, no problem. :) Looks like he edited the post. Folks need to know to take risks on new things. Just wanted them to know that it is not in your nature to leaving people feeling burned. There is a reason that I only have one mod supplier, one accessory supplier and only a few juice suppliers. :)

Good to read some of them are actually spot on S31. I am looking forward to the next gen of these things. I had G4 number two out of my mod and just laying here on its side. I popped it on and it is performing very well for the moment. I also recognize the common thing that I have had with all the ce2 style gadgets....they don't take to chain vaping, for the guy who likes to take occassional drags, they are all good. Me, I vape like a smoker, when I do it is for 5-20 minutes at a time...a lot of my old smoking habits stayed with me and these don't always wick fast enough to keep up with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread