The New G4 Cartomizers!! In stock now @ COV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
Well I guess all my assumptions were incorrect.

Inside the carto is a ridged straw attached to an inverted cup with slots on the sides of the cup. The cup slots align with slots on the atomizer cup at the base of the carto. In these slots is a very short wick which run thru the heater coil to the slit on the other side. The liquid runs down the sides of the inverted cup to the wick ends and feeds the coil.

Anyway day three using the same two carto's in a rotation. very ,minor leaking working good.

mikecup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2010
Peninsula, Ohio
So has anyone been able to remove the tube for cleaning on the g4's?
I have some of the older ones and its great to be able to pull off the tube and dry burn all the junk off, I have been using the same one now for 4 days, heavy vapping.

I can't get a good TH from these g4's, seems like there is to much air, so far I'm not happy with them.

Last edited:

Bobbye

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
DE
I have successfully cleaned #1 under the faucet. I'm going to wait a few hours for it to dry and attempt to dry burn the coil to see if its possible. If it is, than it makes it 100x easier to clean than a metal ce2, and means there's no need for dis-assembly

Were you able to dry burn these? I've gotten to the point where it is time to try to clean at least one.

So far I have tried 6 of the G4's. 1 is not wicking properly and gets a burnt taste after one or two vapes. The others are all working well and none are leaking at all. Compared to the original vortex these are much improved. Also, the mouthpiece is much, much better.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Were you able to dry burn these? I've gotten to the point where it is time to try to clean at least one.

So far I have tried 6 of the G4's. 1 is not wicking properly and gets a burnt taste after one or two vapes. The others are all working well and none are leaking at all. Compared to the original vortex these are much improved. Also, the mouthpiece is much, much better.

I haven't been able to dry burn them at 3.4v (ego) but I will try on a true 3.7v when the GLV SM is delivered and I will also eventually get a madvapes 5v PT and try it on that. I just filled all 3 of the ones that worked, so after I exhaust the juice, I'll rinse them out, let them sit longer (I can dry burn a metal ce2 after 1 hour, I'll let these sit for a whole day) and then try them on the ego. It's a safe bet that I won't have my GLV until the week of the 20th so it's worth one more try on the ego, but the resistance is much higher than anything I've ever vaped so it may not dry burn well at all on the 3.4v ego/riva type.

Bobbye

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2010
DE
I haven't been able to dry burn them at 3.4v (ego) but I will try on a true 3.7v when the GLV SM is delivered and I will also eventually get a madvapes 5v PT and try it on that. I just filled all 3 of the ones that worked, so after I exhaust the juice, I'll rinse them out, let them sit longer (I can dry burn a metal ce2 after 1 hour, I'll let these sit for a whole day) and then try them on the ego. It's a safe bet that I won't have my GLV until the week of the 20th so it's worth one more try on the ego, but the resistance is much higher than anything I've ever vaped so it may not dry burn well at all on the 3.4v ego/riva type.

Thanks! I'll try when I have time. I was able to dry burn the vortex cartos if I took them apart. I never tried leaving them together and do a dry burn. Once I took them apart I couldn't get them together without leaking :(

I have a few of these, What voltage is everyone using them @.. I a trying to dial in the voltage for good flavor but am not finding it.. Maybe it's just my juice ????

Hey Harley,
I find with the G4s you have to use strong flavored juices. My tobacco juices have a very muted flavor for example. Also, from the same pack of 5 my G4s have been ranging from 3.4 to 4.4 ohms. So I've been using at least 5 volts, usually more.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
3/5 survived, They get a 7/10 rating overall for flavor. -3 for the cold, long draw, and the misleading ohm rating. If they functioned the way they do, but between 2 and 3ohms instead of between 3 and 4, they'd be a much better product.

As for the $12 per piece, its not. It's the price for the 5pack. I almost didn't buy them until bruce corrected the error on Facebook. Bruce you should really fix that on the site. You should also suggest that the ohm rating reads higher than the label because these are NOT 2.5ohms.

Other than that, and the fact that 2 were DOA, it's a good product.

Thats my final take on them Bruce. Thanks.

Bigbuyer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Florida, USA
sorry
No carto is worth $12 each,
I went to your site and it lists them at $11.99 each (per piece)
Good luck with that

This price is for 5 cartomizers. The description says that clearly. If you use the "bigbuyer" 10% off discount code it will be $10.79 ( comes to $2.15 per unit) for new technology. Basically no much more than regular cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread