The ODD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HyOnLyph

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Odd
c.1300, "constituting a unit in excess of an even number," from O.N. oddi "third or additional number," as in odda-maðr "third man, odd man (who gives the casting vote)," odda-tala "odd number." O.N. oddi means lit. "point, angle;" related via notion of "triangle" to oddr "point of a weapon," from P.Gmc. *uzdaz "pointed upward" (cf. O.E. ord "point of a weapon, spear, source, beginning," O.Fris. ord "point, place," Du. oord "place, region," O.H.G. ort "point," Ger. Ort "place"), from PIE *uzdho- (cf. Lith. us-nis "thistle").

None of the other languages, however, shows the O.N. development from "point" to "third number." Used from late 14c. to indicate a surplus over any given sum. sense of "strange, peculiar" first attested 1580s from notion of "odd one out, unpaired one of three" (attested earlier, c.1400, as "singular" in a positive sense of "renowned, rare, choice"). Odd job (c.1770) is so called from notion of "not regular." Odd lot "incomplete or random set" is from 1897. The international order of Odd Fellows began as local social clubs in England, late 18c., with Masonic-type trappings; formally organized 1813 in Manchester.
oddball Look up oddball at Dictionary.com

What.

HUH? (preacherman loves the "huh?" button. He also loves ODD)

I'm so shocked. Y'all are talkin' bout maginary folk in maginary places.... All this time I thought y'all wuz reel. I'm reel... I think??? Differnt... and odd...... but reel !!! ..... maybe Iz just reel odd?!?!
You and me both, don't tell me Lake Fishigan doesn't exist! Next thing you'll be telling me is there's no Easter bunny......... okay maybe that WAS Ciego but still........

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
You and me both, don't tell me Lake Fishigan doesn't exist! Next thing you'll be telling me is there's no Easter bunny......... okay maybe that WAS Ciego but still........

:cry: So all this time it was Ciego, and not some cute cudely bunny:confused: Well that's just plain ol' :evil: Alot of people read this thread and you had to shatter our dreams.................WHY BOB WHY:cry:

Last edited:
:cry: So all this time it was Ciego, and not some cute cudely bunny:confused: Well that's just plain ol' :evil: Alot of people read this thread and you had to shatter our dreams.................WHY BOB WHY:cry:

I said MAYBE.... Bunnygate continues to this day although the files are sealed somewhere and no one can seem to locate them :)

Last edited:

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I've got the files from when I had to mend that silly bunny suit , and no , I am not giving them out ! Yall have to look for them yourself:lol:

I spent hours removing the thorns from the easter bunny's run in with the thorny rose bush. With all of the yelling and screaming I am going to say he's real!

Yaaa, Medic to the rescue!!!! He is real:w00t:, and Bob, The Tooth Fairy is REAL, I saw him on this last WrestleMania:lol::lol::lol:

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
tooth fairy.??.:lol: my girl just lost her first tooth! 10 days of wiggling!...so last night she had it already to put under the pillow and says "mama, can you help me write a note to the T.F?"..sure J, watcha wanna say?.."well, I'd like to know if she can leave my tooth since its my first one but I'd still like a dollar...oh and say please" TFF!!

tooth fairy.??.:lol: my girl just lost her first tooth! 10 days of wiggling!...so last night she had it already to put under the pillow and says "mama, can you help me write a note to the T.F?"..sure J, watcha wanna say?.."well, I'd like to know if she can leave my tooth since its my first one but I'd still like a dollar...oh and say please" TFF!!

Bradley lost one the night before last. I was sitting here and he was at the sink screaming like he was in labor scared the crap outta me! We won't talk inflation and the tooth fairy :facepalm: If we did that woman would be living on the streets! :p

rkayw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
heehee Bob. I already need to move in with you guys..."inflation" sounds like a good excuse to me for that. :p :laugh: Has nothing at all to do with being closer to the vats of josse. Nothing at all.
smoke.gif

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Since this is the ODD thread, I thought I'd show you all my ODD PV...

My girlfriend lost her purse, which had all our cards, money, and PV's in it. I don't have the necessary parts to make another box mod or anything at the moment, so I found these parts and stuck this together.

View attachment 49179
:headbang:Dalton, I like that device, :thumb:whats the batt configuration?

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
:headbang:Dalton, I like that device, :thumb:whats the batt configuration?

The part the atty is screwed into it actually the head from a Provape-1 that I ripped apart but still haven't got stuff to finish.That is screwed into a short peice of PC tubing, with a wire wrapped longways so that the wire contacts both the top cap and the copper tube. Inside the copper tube is a 14500 battery.

To fire it I press down on the top cap. To stop firing I pull up on it. LOL.

Since this is the ODD thread, I thought I'd show you all my ODD PV...

My girlfriend lost her purse, which had all our cards, money, and PV's in it. I don't have the necessary parts to make another box mod or anything at the moment, so I found these parts and stuck this together.

View attachment 49179

Improvising! You may be ODD if..........

You find yourself at 3 a.m under the hood of your car taking parts that don't seem "necessary" for something to mod into a PV because your last batt went out :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread