Status
Not open for further replies.

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I don't think the Iolite is a fair comparison here.

The Iolite is $200-$250(available now)

Ploom $40(should it ever come out)

Well that depends how you cost it.

$40 a go, then you have to buy pods at 5.95 per pack. 3 packs a day (18 vapes a day) is $1646.50 over 3 months. They sure better be refillable

ShinKun

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Seattle
ha!

Maybe the whole thing is a sham.

Has anyone tried to google "ploom"?
ploom - Google Search

The first result is ploom.com, the description reads...

"Offers design services with a focus on branding and identity. Site provides briefs and examples of client work. Based in Toronto, Ontario."

Ploom transforms ideas into visual strategies?

Last edited:

gooney0

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Falls Church, VA
It looks interesting but too expensive. Same issue as SE. They want to get you buying refills for the next 20 years.

For me to replace smoking it has to cost less than $5 a day. Cigarettes are meant to be cheap after all. (no thanks to taxes of course)

Don't worry though. If the design is good it will be reinvented in a cheaper form. You'll buy a Chinese version, then a custom mod made from stainless steel soon enough. :D The only difference is some of our moders will loose an eyebrow or two.

-Gooney0

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
It does look as if it might get expensive in short order. The hardware price isn't so bad (so far). But those pods...

Checked their Facebook page again. More tasting parties, more artwork (I have to admit, the photos are great), more buzz. Um. Product? Nothing about a ship date yet that I know of, and they still haven't sent mail providing a login for the e-commerce part of their site.

If a person held his breath about this, why I do declare, his face might turn blue... so ho hum, already, and my atomizer and e-liquid supplies are still ok. My personal conspiracy theory is that the prospect of ECF modders figuring out how to "hack" the pods (by figuring out how to refill them) is delaying the release. :)

Wonder if in the future there'll be vaping-versus-Ploom ads along the lines of "I'm a Mac" / "I'm a PC" with the vape guy in the Mac-like role. :)

It looks interesting but too expensive. Same issue as SE. They want to get you buying refills for the next 20 years.

For me to replace smoking it has to cost less than $5 a day. Cigarettes are meant to be cheap after all. (no thanks to taxes of course)

Don't worry though. If the design is good it will be reinvented in a cheaper form. You'll buy a Chinese version, then a custom mod made from stainless steel soon enough. :D The only difference is some of our moders will loose an eyebrow or two.

-Gooney0

ops

May 15, 2009
  • ops
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

mikea

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
Seattle
It all just seems to be smoke "vapor" and mirrors
They certainly seem to be spending the $$$ to travel to various cities for tasting parties and all that -- but where's the product? Have they run short on venture capital to produce all but a few units? Problems getting the "pods" in quantity? Manufacturing problems? Etc.etc.

There's no real-world evidence to think any of the above. But, the longer they go on generating buzz but not shipping anything or dropping a line to the people in the first "wave" of "enrollees," the worse they come off p.r.-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread