RDA The pros of using an RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
One must master the art of Dripping-N-Driving before they experience true enlightenment :D
As for me, I enjoy the simplicity of using rdas. That's all I've used in almost three years.
To each his/her own, don't knock it before ya try it!

To drip and drive is as bad as texting... I still don't get why drippers can't understand that.. guess the same applies to texters, until they hit someone, wrap around a tree or similar, they always think "not me!".

Sorry, but to think that you've reached "enlightment" because you're practicing a dangerous thing and advocating it, no freaking wonder that governments are trying to destroy vaping, and you're giving them a reason that I'd support.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I am fairly new to using an RDA even though I've been vaping for about 3 years. I plan on buying the Velocity V2. I would just like to hear feedback from other members as to why they still use an RDA and build coils when if they're cloud chasing there are many tanks that produce abnormal amounts of vapor like the new TFV12 Smoke tank. So what are the pros for you in building your own coils? I know this may sound like I am doubting building but I'm not. I just would like to hear people's own opinions and experiences with building and why they still do it.

RDAs have only two main advantages:

1) bigger decks, so you can fit large coils.
2) if you're switching or testing across multiple flavours, all you have to do is use up the drops that you've put onto the coils.

Building your own coil?
  • First: That's not limited to RDAs, you can put your own coils in RTAs RDTAs, you can rebuild coil cartridges.

• Second, it costs under a dollar to build a few coil, whereas most factory coils (cartridges) are easily up to 5$ per cartridges.

• Third, factory coils aren't always working all that great, building your own is simple and if something's off, you can fix it easily as long as you know what you're doing.

• Forth: with a bit of practice, even a4 monkey can do coils
And "still" do it? most usually start with factory cartridges, switch to RTAs or RDAs and never look back.

There's absolutely no appeal to anyone that does their own coils to get ripped off with having to buy factory cartridges.

It takes about 2 minutes to build a deck, and then, should you notice your vaping being off, you can check, and simply replace the wick should it have gummed up (and clean your coil) and be good to go "as new" in a minute, with the huge price of a small piece of cotton (probably 5 cents worth).

And vaping isn't about "cloudzzz" for most, it's about not smoking, and just as a hobby for others.

SMOK simply hit that bottom feed of those that equate vaping with cloudzzz, sadly, it's part of what makes vaping look so douchy to the general population.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
To drip and drive is as bad as texting... I still don't get why drippers can't understand that.. guess the same applies to texters, until they hit someone, wrap around a tree or similar, they always think "not me!".

Sorry, but to think that you've reached "enlightment" because you're practicing a dangerous thing and advocating it, no freaking wonder that governments are trying to destroy vaping, and you're giving them a reason that I'd support.
Are you serious? I was making a damned joke!
This is why I don't post as much on ECF! Gimme a break!

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Are you serious? I was making a damned joke!
This is why I don't post as much on ECF! Gimme a break!

Sorry, but it just didn't come off as one...there's been a bunch of threads that I've seen the subject come up, and these guys were serious about how "great and skilled they are" to manage to redrip between red lights, and so on. So if it was meant as sarcasm, well, it's impossible to tell at times.

At some point, it's just about that we just need to push towards responsible behavior, otherwise we're shooting ourselves in the foot.

Reactions: Darth Omerta

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
And they will use anything they can use.... you really want to provide them something to scare the public view with?

I don't think a jokey post on ECF is going to make a huge difference here. They will do what they want regardless and will use other ways, such as children vaping, to justify their reasoning.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

No, its like smoking and driving.
:facepalm:
I drink coffee, tune the radio, drip, read my GPS, all while driving safely.

Speak for yourself, not others.

Dangerous and unsafe for you doesnt mean dangerous and unsafe for me.

Just because some people are so uncoordinated they cant chew bubblegum and walk at the same time , doesnt mean we need a law banning gum.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
And they will use anything they can use.... you really want to provide them something to scare the public view with?

None of the regulations have anything to do with public safety.
That has zero to do with anything.

The regulations place the industry in the control of big tobacco and big business.

Have you actually even read the deeming regs?

You should before blaming other vapers.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
No, its like smoking and driving.
:facepalm:
I drink coffee, tune the radio, drip, read my GPS, all while driving safely.
Speak for yourself, not others.
Dangerous and unsafe for you doesnt mean dangerous and unsafe for me.
Just because some people are so uncoordinated they cant chew bubblegum and walk at the same time , doesnt mean we need a law banning gum.

And how many crashes happen due to the person dropping his cigarette?

car crash cigarette - Google Search

There's a huge difference between vaping with a tank which is a closed system that requires absolutely no attention than someone being an idiot and trying to drip into his RDA while driving simply because he's got the mad skillz (or so he believes). (the biggeset stupid thing about vaping at all in a car, is to not blow out your exhale outside the car via an open window)

But anyways, a dripper can drop his bottle, overflow it and get hot liquid pouring down on them, get a dry hit and choke, and so on.

You may not agree, and you may think that you got them mad skillz, until you end up in an accident due to your own action that will teach you some humility, well, what can I say.

And yes, one can do a few activities like tune the radio, drink something, but you still need to do it in a safe fashion. Dripping and smoking, are risky behavior, and you can rant about it all you want because "you" think yourself special or better like every texting idiot out there, but reality is, you aren't going to change that this is a fact.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
None of the regulations have anything to do with public safety.
That has zero to do with anything.

The regulations place the industry in the control of big tobacco and big business.

Have you actually even read the deeming regs?

You should before blaming other vapers.
aww.. sorry I'm hurting your feelings so much, but the fact remains, ANYTHING that makes vaping look bad or stupid is going to be used as fodder for the public view on it.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
aww.. sorry I'm hurting your feelings so much, but the fact remains, ANYTHING that makes vaping look bad or stupid is going to be used as fodder for the public view on it.

Hurt feelings?
You seriously overestimate yourself.
:lol:

Feelings have nothing to do with legislation beyond the fools who get upset for the wrong reasons, who havent even read the regs.

If the FDA wanted to stop vaping they would just regulate liquid nicotine.
They dont need fodder. They already have that specific authority.

It would be instant game over.

They won't because vaping is a multi billion dollar revenue stream.
The regs take it out of the hands of the small players we have today that make almost everything we use, and place it in the hands of mega corps and big tobacco.

Wake up. Stop believing the cover story.
Focus on reality if you want to fight the good fight.

How you vape in your car is a non issue and has zero to do with deeming regs.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
And how many crashes happen due to the person dropping his cigarette?

car crash cigarette - Google Search

There's a huge difference between vaping with a tank which is a closed system that requires absolutely no attention than someone being an idiot and trying to drip into his RDA while driving simply because he's got the mad skillz (or so he believes). (the biggeset stupid thing about vaping at all in a car, is to not blow out your exhale outside the car via an open window)

But anyways, a dripper can drop his bottle, overflow it and get hot liquid pouring down on them, get a dry hit and choke, and so on.

You may not agree, and you may think that you got them mad skillz, until you end up in an accident due to your own action that will teach you some humility, well, what can I say.

And yes, one can do a few activities like tune the radio, drink something, but you still need to do it in a safe fashion. Dripping and smoking, are risky behavior, and you can rant about it all you want because "you" think yourself special or better like every texting idiot out there, but reality is, you aren't going to change that this is a fact.

Alot more than while using an RDA ( BTW,wanna show me THOSE stats instead of your strawman argument?).

So...has Canada banned smoking cigs while driving yet?

You missed the point.
I dont think Im special.

I also dont think you are special.

I dont support legislation restricting others because you imagine a non existant problem.

If you cant drip and drive safely, then dont.
Know your own limitations and act accordingly.
Thats what adults do.
But dont try to restrict me because of your inadequacies.
You arent the standard.

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Alot more than while using an RDA ( BTW,wanna show me THOSE stats instead of your strawman argument?).

You missed the point.
I dont think Im special.

But dont try to restrict me because of your inadequacies.
You arent the standard.

Funny how you needed to play this childish card and be as condescending at possible.

I just hope that when you smash your car, that you don't take any innocent bystanders.

Sorry but driving and paying attention to the road is the only thing that's important, anything that is a possible distraction shouldn't be done and trying to justify it is just pathetic. You can think that you're so freaking great all you want, that's the worse part, it's people like you that end up in an accident or causing one and it's never be your fault.. is it.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Funny how you needed to play this childish card and be as condescending at possible.

I just hope that when you smash your car, that you don't take any innocent bystanders.

Sorry but driving and paying attention to the road is the only thing that's important, anything that is a possible distraction shouldn't be done and trying to justify it is just pathetic. You can think that you're so freaking great all you want, that's the worse part, it's people like you that end up in an accident or causing one and it's never be your fault.. is it.
Me thinks someone is trolling you... and you have no idea it is happening...

Reactions: Bad Ninja

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi, after reading this thread I would like to ask if you recommend any RDAs suitable for MTL and if possible a good and safe regulated squonk mod. I use mostly Kayfuns and only Provape Radius and have zero experience with drippers

I've reading about the Snapdragon and the Hadaly and seem to be good options.

I don't do DL and don't care about clouds, just want to try RDAs and maybe this squonking way of vaping.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: Kprthevapr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread