The question that has been done to death... Sony or Efest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haydenr25

Jun 24, 2014
United Kingdom
My girlfriend got a 49 mechanical clone today and an Efest purple 35A battery to run with it. I built her a 0.6 ohm coil (she doesn't like to go too low) and for some reason the Efest won't fit in the 49. It fires, but there's a very slight uneven edge (not a bad thread) inside the tube. My VTC5's fit, so I said I'd swap her the Efest for one of my Sony's so she can at least use her new mod until we get it sorted or until she gets some more batteries. Anyway, what I'm asking is which do you guys prefer? I know of the reports of the 35A batteries being rewrapped LG cells and having 20A continuous and 35A pulse rating, if I do go low on my builds I'd use the Sony's anyway. Just wondering what your preferences are as I know have another battery to put through it's paces and possibly stock up on.

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
I've had terrible luck with Efest batteries, some have died after a couple weeks, they are slightly longer than they should be, then theres the rebranding issue.
Also I've noticed considerable battery sag with efests (I have run 18490s in a dna 30 devices and will sometimes get a weak battery warning for no reason, don't get this when running AW's)
As for Sony's just make sure you buy from a reputable vender as there are fakes out there I personally use and really like the VTC4s I have yet to try the VTC5s.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Would you use a 4Nine (clone) in the 18500 mode?

If so, what battery would you use?

I'm using a Squape R, with a .9 ohm build... should I stick to 18650's, or would using it in the short mode be alright?

I believe the 4Nine requires button-top batteries. I'd go with the AW IMR 18490 1100 mah battery (16.5 amps continuous).

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I believe the 4Nine requires button-top batteries. I'd go with the AW IMR 18490 1100 mah battery (16.5 amps continuous).
Just have to second this, the AW 18490 1100mah is absolutely the best cell available in that size range for use with vaping. No other cell has a higher amp rating, can very very safely go down to .50 ohms on it. Great battery.

As for the OP, Sony VTC4 or 5 is the best battery overall. The 4 and 5 perform almost identically, the 5 just lasts a little bit longer. I own six of them, and plan to buy more. Really great performance.

The LG18650HE2(2500mah) is a really close second(IMO), it is very very good above 15A or so but is only 20A sustained rated, though the 35A pulse IS rated for ~75 seconds you will shorten the life cycle by building lower than .21 ohms(20A @ 4.2V). I own two of the LG's and I use them in parallel pair in a box mod, and I can get through 10ml of juice at .32 ohms before the batteries hit 3.50V. They REALLY perform well above 15A, I will probably buy another pair of these.

Edit: I'm personally disgusted with Efest, so I'm not even going to mention them in future posts - the whole 3100mah/20A being bunk deal has really soured me on their business. The 35A 2500mah Purple Efest IS an LG18650HE2, it was confirmed. But knowing Efest I fear that could possibly change in the future, Easier and cheaper and IMO more reliable to buy LG18650HE2's from other places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread