The REACTOR Atomizer Tank!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Well, just saw the brushed finish blue sapphire now available and had an out of body experience where I watched myself pull the trigger. Haven't purchased anything in a while, and I love the idea of an atty tank so why not. Thanks for the initial impressions from all of you, now the waiting begins.

Have fun at Vapestock for those of you that are going. Bummed I'll have to miss both of the big meets this year but life happens. Will be traveling to New England at the end of this month, anything going on then and there?

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
Not to go all off-topic here and I think this item might need its own thread eventually, but here's a pic of the final prototype of the VPX Carto Punch. Visually it hasn't been dressed up yet, so knobs and finishes will change, but works great and has a nice feel. Should be available in a little under 4 weeks at Nhaler and my site.
Sorry Tapatalk always turns my pics sideways!
uploadfromtaptalk1339088498871.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
So i have been using this now since yesterday and so far i'm loving it. The only thing i have found that could "use improvement" is that the holes in the attys are a bit high. I can only really get through half a tank (which is kinda small) before i start getting some dry hits. I have tilted it so at least 1 hole is under juice, but sometimes thats not enough.

I love the taste and vapor production. Tip feels great. Looks fantastic on my provari. Wanting stainless steel and colored tubes!

Cuseguy - in the original picture it looks like the tube is 2 pieces with a "seem" in the middle.... can you elaborate on this??

Thanks!

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
Not to go all off-topic here and I think this item might need its own thread eventually, but here's a pic of the final prototype of the VPX Carto Punch. Visually it hasn't been dressed up yet, so knobs and finishes will change, but works great and has a nice feel. Should be available in a little under 4 weeks at Nhaler and my site.
Sorry Tapatalk always turns my pics sideways!
View attachment 106882

Great to see that this will be available. I've used a few different punches that look identical to yours and I must say that it all comes down to the piercing screw used. The first one used a sharp carbide tipped screw and worked fantastic. Another used a tungsten screw that wasn't very sharp and it did not work well. Still another uses a carbide tipped screw but it was not sharp at all! hopefully you will be able to source good sharp carbide tipped screws (and keep them in stock).

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I agree with Crispysaturn about the holes being kinda high but I have a feeling that they need to be so that the juice enters the atty at the proper spot. If these could be made a bit longer so that the capacity was greater, that would help. I also was thinking that you could make these adjustable by having a metal sleeve with a cut-out that fit around the atty. If the atty had say four holes of varying size, you could turn the sleeve, exposing the size hole that worked for your vaping style and juice viscosity. Or even if there was a slit cut in the atty you could expose more of the slit by rotating the sleeve. I bought a couple extra atty's so I may try to make something along these lines.

cuseguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Texas USA
So i have been using this now since yesterday and so far i'm loving it. The only thing i have found that could "use improvement" is that the holes in the attys are a bit high. I can only really get through half a tank (which is kinda small) before i start getting some dry hits. I have tilted it so at least 1 hole is under juice, but sometimes thats not enough.

I love the taste and vapor production. Tip feels great. Looks fantastic on my provari. Wanting stainless steel and colored tubes!

Cuseguy - in the original picture it looks like the tube is 2 pieces with a "seem" in the middle.... can you elaborate on this??

Thanks!
The hole location was something we were tied too by the atty design since that is the height of the ceramic cup. We tried lower holes but it was basically a fail. Drew has some new attys being made that should get around this. But it isn't a big thing since a quick tilt refills the atty for quite a while. Not sure about the seam, we are testing new attys for future use all the time and sometimes we use extension tubes to make up the height difference of a tank. Then if it works well, Drew calls China up and gets the atty made with a longer tube or whatever we need done!

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I received my Reactor today. The atty is pushed in all the way in until it is even with the bottom of the tank, but all my juice keeps leaking out. It seems like it is leaking out of the hole in the bottom of the atty. It leaks down to just above the level of the holes in the atty when I fill it up. Any idea what I could do to stop this?

Last edited:

Pete379

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
Illinois
I received my Reactor today. The atty is pushed in all the way in until it is even with the bottom of the tank, but all my juice keeps leaking out. It seems like it is leaking out of the hole in the bottom of the atty. It leaks down to just above the level of the holes in the atty when I fill it up. Any idea what I could do to stop this?

I do not have one of these tanks but I have had this trouble with other tanks. It sounds like pressure is built up in the tank and pushing all the juice out . Did you pull the top cap off to fill the tank or did you pull the atty down and then fill? If you pulled the top off when you push it back on all the air below the cap creates pressure and will just push the juice out. Hope this helps.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
pete379
i thought taking the top off and filling it might be the problem. Thanks for suggesting it. it is still dumping liquid. i have now tried filling by pulling it up and leaving the cap on. I then filled with a syringe. There is still most likely some kind of user error on my part, because i stll got leaking.

I did fail to mention that the Reactor is worth working with to learn to use. The flavor and vapor are really, really great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread