Status
Not open for further replies.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Hi Bill,
I read your review of My vape juice's Rogue RY4 today. I liked what I read so I went to check it out and either they don't sell it anymore or removed it from their website for the moment. I'm going to check back in a day or so to see if it's made a return but I thought I should give you the heads up.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
I've been waiting over a month for Janty RY4-X (Classic Series) to come back in stock. Still have yet to try it.

:(
Me too. I've even spoken to Ludo(supposedly) via Email and he's told me that the US will be receiving more inventory very soon which would include the Elixir and RY4-X but like you said I'm yet to see it available on Janty's website. I really like Janty's RY4 (in all the different configurations) don't get me wrong but I've spent too much time checking their website to come up empty handed especially now with all of the other US vendors that have pulled a chair up the quality RY4 table. This is just my opinion but I don't think Janty will have much of a US base following if they can't improve their out of stock problem quickly. I know for me personally I've given up, I've decided to support the other vendors that make it a priority to stay fully stocked pretty much at all times.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Hi Bill,
I read your review of My Vape juice's Rogue RY4 today. I liked what I read so I went to check it out and either they don't sell it anymore or removed it from their website for the moment. I'm going to check back in a day or so to see if it's made a return but I thought I should give you the heads up.

MyVapeJuice Rogue RY4 has not been in stock on the MVJ web site for many months, maybe as long as a year. Not discontinued, just not available.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
MyVapeJuice Rogue RY4 has not been in stock on the MVJ web site for many months, maybe as long as a year. Not discontinued, just not available.

Thank you for letting me know. After reading your review I'm very interested in trying it so that's good news, I thought I might have missed out.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I've been waiting over a month for Janty RY4-X (Classic Series) to come back in stock. Still have yet to try it. :(

Me too. I've even spoken to Ludo(supposedly) via Email and he's told me that the US will be receiving more inventory very soon which would include the Elixir and RY4-X but like you said I'm yet to see it available on Janty's website. I really like Janty's RY4 (in all the different configurations) don't get me wrong but I've spent too much time checking their website to come up empty handed especially now with all of the other US vendors that have pulled a chair up the quality RY4 table. This is just my opinion but I don't think Janty will have much of a US base following if they can't improve their out of stock problem quickly. I know for me personally I've given up, I've decided to support the other vendors that make it a priority to stay fully stocked pretty much at all times.

I don't know how Janty is run in Europe---it is, after a Dutch company, and a rather small one at that---but in the U.S., Janty is a joke. Year-in and year-out, the U.S. Janty site is not just frequently out of stock with various of their RY4s, but out of stock most of the time. For the company that invented RY4, that level of incompetence is just plain stupid.

I've felt conflict over the years of this thread about rating Janty RY4 so highly. History lobbies for that, but the problem of such limited availability is troublesome.

Basically, my position is to try Janty RY4 if you can get some, but if you can't get it, move on. The marketplace is replete with wonderful retail RY4s that are easily available and often less expensive.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
I completely agree with you Bill. The thing that blows my mind is Janty has a great product and it's as if they don't care. There's so many companies out there trying their rears off to come up with a product that will fly out the shelve meanwhile Janty's sitting on it like it's not important.
On a different note, I bought a big bottle of The Vapor's Knoll RY4 some time back during one of their aggressive sales and After I vaped it the first time I didn't think very must of it. To be totally honest I was pretty disappointed by it. Well anyway I found it yesterday in one of my drawers and WOW what a change it's made. This stuff is awesome and I mean it is really darn good. The caramel leads the way during my inhale with the tobacco and vanilla clipping at its heals. As my lungs filled the tobacco flavor really comes to life as if I was smoking a quality cigar. The robust full flavored tobacco taste blow me away. As I exhaled the caramel and vanilla charge past the tobacco leaving me with a sweet vanilla after taste. I'm a firm believer in steeping but I've never had a juice change this much. If any of you out there have a bottle in your collection and you keep picking something else to vape next give it another chance. Hopefully it will be as good for as it was for me.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
So I spent a few days with gold rising and I can see why its not on the big list. Its not like any ry4 I have tasted. Its good but not an ry4. When I first smelled it for some reason I thought of ahlusions aromatics. It definitely has some funk to it. I wish wlad would do a classic ry4 juice.

Yes, the description on the Gold Rising product page of the Ahlusion web site baffles me: "Our take on the highly sought after RY4." What? Gold Rising sure doesn't taste like any Classic RY4 I've ever had, and even for a Custom RY4, it pushes the flavor envelope too far from the RY4 flavor profile. I mean, RY4s don't use honey flavoring as a sweetener.

Interesting juice, but not an RY4.

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Yes, the description on the Gold Rising product page of the Ahlusion web site baffles me: "Our take on the highly sought after RY4." What? Gold Rising sure doesn't taste like any Classic RY4 I've ever had, and even for a Custom RY4, it pushes the flavor envelope too far from the RY4 flavor profile. I mean, RY4s don't use honey flavoring as a sweetener.

Interesting juice, but not an RY4.

article-0-12C79383000005DC-916_634x471.jpg

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I’ve decided to add another of my personal favorites lists to The Big RY4 List. This will be added to the List at the next update in October, but I’ll post it now as a sneak preview.

The new list is my Top 10 Personal Favorite NET-based Custom RY4s. All the RY4s on the list use natural tobacco extract flavoring made from any of four methods:

1. Simple-Soak Macerations
2. Steam-Distillation
3. CO2 Extraction
4. Tobacco Absolute

Tobacco Absolute (TA) is an odd bird. Unlike natural tobacco extract flavorings made from the other three methods, TA is a commercial product made using a proprietary and carefully-guarded private process that yields a super-concentrated essential oil (or "concrete). While TA is made from real tobacco, it is rarely used by itself as an eliquid flavoring. Typically, TA is mixed along with synthetic, lab-based tobacco flavorings to give the eliquid a smoky, ashy taste somewhat reminiscent of the experience of smoking tobacco. Flavorings made from the other three methods (maceration, steam-distillation, or CO2 extraction) do not confer ashiness and produce only the pure taste of the tobacco itself, along with any cased/topped sugars or flavorings that are commonly sprayed onto the tobacco during growing/curing/processing.

By definition, NET-based RY4s are part of what I call the Custom RY4 genre, which other people sometimes term “American” or “Modern” RY4s. The other genre is Classic RY4s, which are also called “Chinese” or “Traditional” RY4s.

Classic RY4s are made using a core trio of three flavorings, all synthetic: tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. Other flavors may be used sparingly to accent the Holy Trinity. Classic RY4s are usually light-colored, from pale gold to amber, with a vaping impact that is bright and almost sparkly or effervescent, and a flavor profile that unifies all the flavorings into a single taste experience. When we vape a Classic RY4, we don’t taste tobacco, caramel, and vanilla. Instead, we taste a single flavor that we call RY4.

Custom RY4s are also made using the basic trio of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla, but other flavorings are added more frequently. Custom RY4s range in color from light to dark. They emphasize the deeper, darker tones of the taste spectrum, with a flavor profile that presents the individual flavorings as distinct, separate elements. When we vape Custom RY4s, we can easily distinguish the tobacco flavor from the caramel and vanilla flavors.

Two lists follow below. The first is my Personal Favorites list, which is ranked. Below that is the entire group of Natural Tobacco RY4s currently included on The Big RY4 List, re-posted from the Categories Page of the most current update. That list is alphabetical and unranked, with the source and type of natural tobacco flavoring used to make each RY4.

[Note: Other natural tobacco RY4s are available from retail vendors, such as SmugJuice RY4, but those have not yet been obtained for review and, as a result, aren’t included on The Big RY4 List.]

Bills Current Personal Favorite Top 10 NET-based RY4s
1. QuickNicJuice ouR whY qu4tro
2. Bill’s Burley Kake RY4 (homemade extract, DIY juice)
3. KillerJuice RY4
4. MountainOakVapors Full Virginia Flake RY4
5. GoodEJuice GJ4
6. MyVapeJuice Rogue RY4
7. Want2Vape RY4
8. VapeRite VR4
9. RiverBottomFogSauce KillR Y4 - sold by VapingWatch
10. VaporStation VS4​

Natural Extract Tobacco (NET) or Tobacco Absolute (TA) RY4s
from the Category Groups page of The Big RY4 List
GoodEJuice GJ4 (in-house macerated NET)
HighbrowVapor Highbrowbacco RY4 (NET, source unknown)
KillerJuice RY4 (“all natural,” presumably NET, source unknown)
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4 (Tobacco Absolute)
Mom&PopVaporShop RY4v2 (Tobacco Absolute)
Mom&PopVaporShop RYO4 (Tobacco Extract, a derivative of Tobacco Absolute)
Moondrop RY4 (Tobacco Absolute)
MountainOakVapors Full Virginia Flake RY4 (in-house macerated NET)
MyVapeJuice Rogue RY4 (in-house macerated NET)
PrimeVaping PV4 (NET, unknown source)
QuickNicJuice RY4 (Tobacco Absolute, I think)
QuickNicJuice ouR whY Qu4tro (in-house macerated NET)
River Bottom Fog Sauce KillR Y4 (in-house macerated NET) - sold by VapingWatch
SpringVapor Fall Harvest RY4 (Tobacco Absolute)
SpringVapor Black Label RY4 (Tobacco Absolute)
SpringVapor Black Label RY4 - Day and Night (Tobacco Absolute)
VapeRite Organic VR4 (in-house macerated NET)
VapeRite RY4 (in-house macerated NET?)
VaporStation VS4 (Tobacco Absolute/NET blend)
Want2Vape RY4 (in-house macerated NET)​

Last edited:

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
Looking for some liquid advice.... I have been hooked on IKV's RY4 for years. When it goes out of stock, I used to be able to substitute with Janty's elixer. Now I can't get my hands on either one. Does anyone know of a IKV clone anywhere? I've tried Dekang but every bottle tastes different. I used to like SI/Bloog, but my taste buds have changed and I can't vape them anymore. I have Mr. Vape's, and it's OK, but it just doesn't bring me joy like IKV. Sadly I'm a creature of habit, and trying new juices on a tight budget is just not fun anymore.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Looking for some liquid advice.... I have been hooked on IKV's RY4 for years. When it goes out of stock, I used to be able to substitute with Janty's elixer. Now I can't get my hands on either one. Does anyone know of a IKV clone anywhere? I've tried Dekang but every bottle tastes different. I used to like SI/Bloog, but my taste buds have changed and I can't vape them anymore. I have Mr. Vape's, and it's OK, but it just doesn't bring me joy like IKV. Sadly I'm a creature of habit, and trying new juices on a tight budget is just not fun anymore.

beachpuff,

Below are my current personal favorites lists for Chinese and American RY4s. Maybe you'll find an RY4 you haven't tried that you'll like among those.

Chinese RY4s
1. SmokelessImage Volt RY4 (classic) – beautifully balanced, near-perfect
2. Janty RY4 DK, Classic, or Elixir Series (classic) – the Gold Standards of Classic RY4
3. Janty RY4-X Classic Series (custom) – Janty with kicked-up tobacco
4. JoyeTech RY4 (classic) – Janty’s fraternal twin
5. Hangsen retail RY4 (classic) – smooth, smooth, smooth

American RY4s
1. Halo Tribeca (custom) – big flavor, almost tangy
2. Mister-E-Liquid MrE’s RY4 (custom) – idiosyncratic but very good
3. MrVape RY4 (classic) – more punch than most classic RY4s
4. IndigoVapor Indigo Classic (custom) – just plain delicious
5. VaporTalk Dulcis (classic) – one of my all-time favorites
6. Awesome Clouds AC3 (custom) – rich in caramel/vanilla with solid tobacco
7. CrystalELiquid RY4 Double Tobacco (custom) – I love the tobacco in this one
8. ApolloECigs RY4 (custom) – another RY4 with tasty tobacco
9. RWVapors RY4 (custom) – I smile when I vape this
10. Nhaler R Why Not (custom) – an oldie but goodie

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions! I have not tried all of them, hopefully I'll find an alternative to my beloved IKV.

Have you tried Halo's Tribeca? Of coarse it's not going to be an identical twin to IKV but I've found TriBeCa and IVK to follow the same guide lines of flavor profile. Both have a "nutty" taste to them plus as tribeca ages it becomes closer and closer to the way IKV's RY4 tastes. Believe me when I say that I know how frustrating it is when your "go to" juice is out of stock. I too used to love IKV's RY4 as well as Janty's Elixir RY4. Those two flavors are very hard to come by on a consistent basis. I finally gave up on both of them and now I have several "go to" juices that seem to be in stock 24/7/365, they are listed in Bill's top 10 American RY4s.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
Have you tried Halo's Tribeca?.
I have not. I tried another flavor in their line, didn't like it, and never tried any others. Thanks for the suggestions I will look into them again. It seems like the ones on Bill's top 10 American list are reasonably priced, and it would be so nice to be able to buy my daily vape whenever I need it. I just hate to be disappointed!

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I have not. I tried another flavor in their line, didn't like it, and never tried any others.

I was never a fan of Halo eliquids, and, in particular, I hated the synthetic tobaccos I tried from Halo---Freedom and Torque 56. Both had that Halo "purity" thing that some people love, but which for others of us has a taste akin to the smell of bug spray or hospital disinfectant.

For me, Tribeca is the shining jewel in Halo's line-up. The first bottle I got three years ago was lousy at first and took eight months of steeping to transform into something terrific. Both newer bottles I've bought were good from the beginning, however. Apparently Halo wised up to the fact that many people don't like the "purity" element, whatever it was, and no longer use it in some of their eliquids (Halo Turkish, for instance, is also good). Still, the longer Tribeca steeps, the better it gets.

None of us can guarantee that you won't be disappointed, but I personally give Tribeca a huge thumbs up.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Thanks Bill.
I have a huge favor to ask. Can you please put together(if you don't mind and or have the time) a list of the best RY4s that are made from synthetic tobacco flavoring? I've tried all of the NET tobacco RY4 on your list and I'm just not a fan. I'm thinking that NETs must be similar to wine or craft beer as being an acquired taste. A taste that I just dont have for some reason. The only NET that I like is VR4 and that's so caramelly that the tobacco flavor is almost drowned out completely. Thank you in advance for looking into my request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread