The REOville lounge

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hi Reo gang! I have a question. I have a P-67 with the strong kind of button (I know there is a term for it just can’t remember the official name...haha.). Anyway, the button and heavy duty spring have popped out. I just put it back together, and all was well for a couple weeks until it came undone again. I put it back together and it is working normally again.
Just wondering if there is a better fix? More permanent?
Thank you wise ones!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Hi Reo gang! I have a question. I have a P-67 with the strong kind of button (I know there is a term for it just can’t remember the official name...haha.). Anyway, the button and heavy duty spring have popped out. I just put it back together, and all was well for a couple weeks until it came undone again. I put it back together and it is working normally again.
Thank you wise ones!
Floss in-between the shaft and button?

• Informative
Reactions: Robinowitz

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Thank you wise ones!
I found that sometimes the spring becomes a bit too strong to hold the button on consistently. I just clipped part of the spring off, or found a weaker spring. I have even, in a pinch, unwound and clipped a spring from a used pen and had success.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I found that sometimes the spring becomes a bit too strong to hold the button on consistently. I just clipped part of the spring off, or found a weaker spring. I have even, in a pinch, unwound and clipped a spring from a used pen and had success.
Brilliant and creative! Thank you!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Update: I ordered some of what I think could work and I'll update once I have it in hand.
Dog gone it. I forgot to see if I had an extra tube or 2 for you. Let us know if these don’t work and I will do some sleuthing. (Really wished I had stocked up more for times like these).

Reactions: jifjifjif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
6884de31-4372-4527-b913-7b76d96f2d25.gif I am not sure if anyone remembers me, but I see familiar names in here and I will forever have fond memories of some of the best people I have ever met through reo's.

I have been away from ECF for many years and just recently returned. I got back on here to sadly report the passing of a wonderful man many of you knew as MamaTried. He gave me my first reo but more important than that, he was nice to me and we became great friends. I spent many a night listening to music and to his stories. He was an interesting man and so very smart. Not sure why he liked me but I am grateful. I miss Dennis so much and as long as I live, I will never forget him.

Although I vape on several different kinds, the reo he gave me still vapes like a champ. A testament to just how well-built and durable reo's are. Indestructible even for someone like me.

Not sure how long my visit to ECF will be but I am glad to know there is still a place for reonauts. Thank you for the visit and the memories.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I remember you, and remember MamaTried.
If I'm not mistaken, he was "local" to me - Sacramento area - before I moved which was fairly recent.
Sad and sorry to hear, but thank you for letting us know.
:(

View attachment 971183 I am not sure if anyone remembers me, but I see familiar names in here and I will forever have fond memories of some of the best people I have ever met through reo's.

I have been away from ECF for many years and just recently returned. I got back on here to sadly report the passing of a wonderful man many of you knew as MamaTried. He gave me my first reo but more important than that, he was nice to me and we became great friends. I spent many a night listening to music and to his stories. He was an interesting man and so very smart. Not sure why he liked me but I am grateful. I miss Dennis so much and as long as I live, I will never forget him.

Although I vape on several different kinds, the reo he gave me still vapes like a champ. A testament to just how well-built and durable reo's are. Indestructible even for someone like me.

Not sure how long my visit to ECF will be but I am glad to know there is still a place for reonauts. Thank you for the visit and the memories.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
View attachment 971183 I am not sure if anyone remembers me, but I see familiar names in here and I will forever have fond memories of some of the best people I have ever met through reo's.

Thank you so much for checking in and yes, I remember you both! So very kind of you to let us know. And yes indeed, Reos are like the ever ready bunny! I have cherished mine for years. Also, I doubt that I would still be free of cigarettes if not for the helpfulness and wisdom of The Reonauts. So grateful.
Have a sweet day all!

• Love
Reactions: Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I remember when it was so hard for me to keep up with all the posts in the Reo Lounge. I was grateful to be a part of that wonderful group and still consider myself a reonaut. unnamed.gif

I have been away for so long, I feel almost like a newbie. I am still using the same 18650 batteries that I started with and have been thinking I should start getting some in my inventory. I have only used the Panasonic batteries I bought during a co-op here. What and where should I go now? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

• Love
Reactions: Robinowitz

Users who are viewing this thread