The REOville lounge

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Thank you so much @Train2 and @Sloth Tonight for your quick and always helpful replies! So grateful for our Reofam. We are fewer now but just as helpful as ever.
How are you all holding up?
Doing well. Had to move, which was/is a huge hassle - but chose a location I kind of thought I might end up in anyway, eventually.
Part of the adventure was packing up my mod collection, and my 15-year supply (approximate) of nicotine. :)
How about you?
(And @Sloth Tonight too) - hope all is well!

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Doing well. Had to move, which was/is a huge hassle - but chose a location I kind of thought I might end up in anyway, eventually.
Part of the adventure was packing up my mod collection, and my 15-year supply (approximate) of nicotine. :)
How about you?
(And @Sloth Tonight too) - hope all is well!
Wow, moving can be such a hassle. One of the reasons we don’t do it...plus we like it here . Did you stay in Calif?
We are doing ok here. Busy with work which is a good thing...keeps me out of trouble. Haha. Gotta admit that while I try and stay in the moment, I do look forward to the end of fire season and the beginning of some much needed rain here. My to-go bag has a Reo or 2 in it. Not a surprise there.
Are you getting settled in to your new digs yet?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I guess we're "slow settle-in" people, but it was a big change in home size, so we've been selling stuff that wouldn't fit, buying new stuff that does.
Like, sold a piano (nobody wants real pianos anymore). Bought a "walk-in litterbox" kitty condo-thing that looks like furniture, because there's no room for it that's not visible. Sold a fridge (I still have 2. Wait, actually 3 - I have an antique one that's not plugged in, even though it works). That kind of thing, lol. But it's getting there!

Oh - and nope...once my job involves travel again, I'll be in California pretty often - heck, my sister, my mother, and even my daughter are still there - but now I live in Nevada.

lasvegas.JPG

Wow, moving can be such a hassle. One of the reasons we don’t do it...plus we like it here . Did you stay in Calif?
We are doing ok here. Busy with work which is a good thing...keeps me out of trouble. Haha. Gotta admit that while I try and stay in the moment, I do look forward to the end of fire season and the beginning of some much needed rain here. My to-go bag has a Reo or 2 in it. Not a surprise there.
Are you getting settled in to your new digs yet?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Sure hope you are getting some care-free moments as you get settled. Down sizing isn’t easy but we find out what we really need to keep. And yes, all Reo gear is necessary. Hahaha
Perhaps a Cirque de solei show?
Hah - good call, we had an anniversary right after moving - and that's what we did. "Dinner and a show".
I hadn't realized the music was performed live - that made the show better than I actually expected!

• Winner
Reactions: Robinowitz

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
I scooped up a black wrinkle P67 from the classified section, here on ECF to replace my wife's mod.

I did exactly what Rob told us not to do in the video he made. I tightened the nipple on to the threads too tight and snapped the post. That blunder has rendered the mod useless.

Does anyone in REOville have a 510 connector and the ability to swap out the broken one for me? I hate to throw away a P67.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I scooped up a black wrinkle P67 from the classified section, here on ECF to replace my wife's mod.

I did exactly what Rob told us not to do in the video he made. I tightened the nipple on to the threads too tight and snapped the post. That blunder has rendered the mod useless.

Does anyone in REOville have a 510 connector and the ability to swap out the broken one for me? I hate to throw away a P67.

Thanks in advance!
Dang! Moments like those are not so fun at all. Might you be able to post a photo and I could look in my supplies. Unfortunately, I don’t feel like I have the skill set to do a repair though but I bet someone here will.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have a spare post, if that can just be removed from the 510 connector. I don't know if that's possible without a drill press or something.

As long as it is not reverse thread, maybe a screw extractor, a very small one? Just a thought, it does thread in don't they? :|

KAS

Reactions: jifjifjif

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
This is the new adjustable height one. Doff, did those center pins press in and out?

I don't remember, sorry

I just remember that spare posts were available after the change. Someone must remember

I just looked, and I have that same replacement part that was posted earlier, so it looks like they were always pressed in. There should be someway to get the old one out, and the new one in, without some kind of fancy press. :|

KAS

• Optimistic
Reactions: jifjifjif

Users who are viewing this thread