The REOville lounge

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was awesome. I had a friend visit and he fixed me the best-grilled steak I have eaten for a long time. Ummmmmm Life is good.

Getting ready to be cloudy and rainy here. Sure makes that grass proliferate.
1YES.gif
Sure makes me miss my dad. He loved mowing. I did not inherit that trait. I feel like I have conquered something wonderful when it is all over with but I'd much rather being having fun doing something else.
1laugh.gif

Hope every one has a wonderful week. :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I took a short trip to Georgia last week (3 nights, not long enough) and stayed in a cabin in the woods. Half of the cabin was in rapids. I have never awakened to a more beautiful sight or sound.

I know this does not sound that exciting to you but it was for me because this was the first time I have driven that far (5 hours) or had a getaway. It is so nice to have the freedom to do something like this and I am already thinking about my next adventure. heehee

1cabin.jpg swing (1).jpg Firepit.jpg

The pictures really do not do it justice. It was fantabulous!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and a happy Memorial Day to you all.
DrawHeart.gif

Attachments

• 1YES.gif
    1YES.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 8

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Hello all.. sorry to be short but seriously need to order new batteries and have been putting it off cause I don't have a goto place like years ago. :/

Life for me has been nuts and I'm sure I could write a few pages on that. :/

Time is tight.. 18 year old Daughter is Graduating Highschool (our first child).. party is this Saturday and I'm losing it with so much to do and so little time left getting everything ready.

Lost 67bs since last August.. Slimmest I've been since 18?? Now 50.. im currently at 210lbs at 6'4".. way too skinny. Dropping like 2lbs a day. Had a hell of a time trying to stop it!

Seen the doc first time in a while and got a blood test last week and got the dreaded missed call back Sat morning with a message of call us back on Monday when our office opens.

Thanks for the Stress! Seriously!!

Family worried about it..

Hope everyone is doing well.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Hello all.. sorry to be short but seriously need to order new batteries and have been putting it off cause I don't have a goto place like years ago. :/

Life for me has been nuts and I'm sure I could write a few pages on that. :/

Time is tight.. 18 year old Daughter is Graduating Highschool (our first child).. party is this Saturday and I'm losing it with so much to do and so little time left getting everything ready.

Lost 67bs since last August.. Slimmest I've been since 18?? Now 50.. im currently at 210lbs at 6'4".. way too skinny. Dropping like 2lbs a day. Had a hell of a time trying to stop it!

Seen the doc first time in a while and got a blood test last week and got the dreaded missed call back Sat morning with a message of call us back on Monday when our office opens.

Thanks for the Stress! Seriously!!

Family worried about it..

Hope everyone is doing well.
Hey @SteamStack. Damn, you do have a lot going on. I am sorry that I am a bit late getting back with you. I recently ordered from IMR batteries IMRBatteries.com | Rechargeable Lithium-ion 18650 Batteries, Chargers, and More and was please with batteries, prices and quick shipping.
Keeping you close in our Reo hearts.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I took a short trip to Georgia last week (3 nights, not long enough) and stayed in a cabin in the woods. Half of the cabin was in rapids. I have never awakened to a more beautiful sight or sound.

I know this does not sound that exciting to you but it was for me because this was the first time I have driven that far (5 hours) or had a getaway. It is so nice to have the freedom to do something like this and I am already thinking about my next adventure. heehee

View attachment 996086 View attachment 996087 View attachment 996088

The pictures really do not do it justice. It was fantabulous!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday and a happy Memorial Day to you all. View attachment 996089
What a fantastic adventure! Love the photos too! You deserve many adventures. Keep us posted.

• Love
Reactions: Rat2chat2

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
What a fantastic adventure!
That is exactly what it was. An adventure. And I cannot wait to do it again. It is sort of sad that I am this old and getting that excited about doing something like that. Better late than NEVER.
1laugh.gif
I have always told people I'm a "late bloomer".

My friend is talking about treehouse rentals in W VA now and you know I can be packed and in the car in no time at all. heehee I think that sounds like so much fun. Probably because I can remember taking a book and climbing a cherry tree when I was a youngin. When I ran out of cherries, I just changed limbs.
1laugh.gif

I was supposed to be having a new roof put on today but it is cloudy and 50% chance of rain. The roofer man said they would be here tomorrow morning at 7. I always get 3 quotes on a project like that. I could not believe how much it costs to replace a roof. It is something that needed to be done. I tried to get Dad to do it for the last 8 years but he would not let go of that money. He is doing it now. I just wish he was here to see it. Although, he would have chosen black like it was before. I picked another color. They call it weathered. Sort of gray with a touch of brown. It looked good beside the brick and I think it will look great. Definitely will not absorb so much heat from the sun beating down. The roofer said I had picked the two colors he would have. He may have just been telling me that. I let him make the final decision because he knows better than me. (I hope, heehee)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Reactions: Robinowitz

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
That is exactly what it was. An adventure. And I cannot wait to do it again. It is sort of sad that I am this old and getting that excited about doing something like that. Better late than NEVER. View attachment 996681 I have always told people I'm a "late bloomer".

My friend is talking about treehouse rentals in W VA now and you know I can be packed and in the car in no time at all. heehee I think that sounds like so much fun. Probably because I can remember taking a book and climbing a cherry tree when I was a youngin. When I ran out of cherries, I just changed limbs. View attachment 996681

I was supposed to be having a new roof put on today but it is cloudy and 50% chance of rain. The roofer man said they would be here tomorrow morning at 7. I always get 3 quotes on a project like that. I could not believe how much it costs to replace a roof. It is something that needed to be done. I tried to get Dad to do it for the last 8 years but he would not let go of that money. He is doing it now. I just wish he was here to see it. Although, he would have chosen black like it was before. I picked another color. They call it weathered. Sort of gray with a touch of brown. It looked good beside the brick and I think it will look great. Definitely will not absorb so much heat from the sun beating down. The roofer said I had picked the two colors he would have. He may have just been telling me that. I let him make the final decision because he knows better than me. (I hope, heehee)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :wub:
Your story telling is so good! Such a skill set! I could almost taste the cherries & see your new roof colors. Bravo!
Thank you for taking us along for your adventures.

• Love

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Thank you for taking us along for your adventures.

No, thank you for reading about my crazy life.
1YES.gif
After taking care of my dad for almost 8 years, I am ready for some adventures. I didn't think it was going to be so soon after the last one but. . . I am driving to Ohio later today to go to some Harley Drag races and to stay in a haunted castle. Now that sounds like an adventure to me. Ain't no ghost gonna jack my joy. I can tell you that much.
RatYes.gif
heehee

Y'all have a great weekend. :wub:

• Love

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Thanks for thr link Rat2chat2! Think it must of been the same place I've ordered from (maybe) last time a few years ago haha

Same batteries I got last time and didn't even know it haha. This time the p28A model as the other P26A was out of stock.

Great site! Fast shipping and got free battery cases and battery wraps with their name on it a sticker so I know next time where to order from :)

Last day for me today at our yearly Greek Opa Festival where my kids dance since they were little... more sun, packed house and fighting over finding a seat! Yes I hate it! Haha.

Atleast their is beer even though I quit my huge beer habit. . Keep it to a minimum.

Oh and Halpy Father's Day!!

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Last day for me today at our yearly Greek Opa Festival
That sound like such fun. There is one each year close to me but I have not been able to go. I am going to put that on my ever-growing list of things I want to do. I imagine the food is awesome.

lyspaere

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Wisconsin
Hi every (any?) body.... I haven't been around for quite awhile, and it seems it's been too long. I'm trying to revive one of my REO Grands, & the delrin screw point in the mod itself is stripped. Used to be an easy fix, but since Rob sold (years ago), then the new owners shut it down (years ago, I'm now discovering) it seems I may not have quite as solid options left to me.

Does anybody have any ideas and/or suggestions?

Toots

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2009
USA
Hi every (any?) body.... I haven't been around for quite awhile, and it seems it's been too long. I'm trying to revive one of my REO Grands, & the delrin screw point in the mod itself is stripped. Used to be an easy fix, but since Rob sold (years ago), then the new owners shut it down (years ago, I'm now discovering) it seems I may not have quite as solid options left to me.

Does anybody have any ideas and/or suggestions?
Some time ago I recall fixing one of my Reos. I believe it involved a hammer and a tap (if that is what it is called). I used a blunt piece of metal that covered the hole. I gentle kabomp or two on the tap closed the stripped hole enough to hold the screw. Someone else may have a better idea.
But I do believe that is what Rob also did to fix the problem.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Some time ago I recall fixing one of my Reos. I believe it involved a hammer and a tap (if that is what it is called). I used a blunt piece of metal that covered the hole. I gentle kabomp or two on the tap closed the stripped hole enough to hold the screw. Someone else may have a better idea.
But I do believe that is what Rob also did to fix the problem.
Great memory. I recall that too. Great to see you @Toots! Keep us posted @lyspaere.
These Reos archives can also be helpful: Reos Mods

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
We got some much-needed rain yesterday. We needed it because I don't particularly appreciate wasting time mowing the yard and I lowered the deck too much.
1laugh.gif
heehee

Hope everyone has a beautiful start to your week. The days go by so fast for me that tomorrow will probably be Friday.
RatYes.gif

Reactions: jifjifjif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Down to 3mg nic in my juice
That is wonderful. The last time I mixed, I cut down from 24mg to 18mg. I did not really notice a difference but I have been so happy lately. . . I couldn't tell.

Continued success to you on your getting to 0. :wub:

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Hello REOville...it's been a minute.

I'm still happily vaping in my collection of REO Minis and my own version of Fire & Ice (after Vaporbomb went out of business). Thanks to Rob, I stopped smoking, and my REOs are still humming along. Damned fine machine.

I'm awfully glad to see the family is still here, even though ECF has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread